Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Ohcrap you guys. So I just did a phone interview with my county's newspaper. I'm *so* nervous. The reporter is going to email some of the people I mentioned and ask them questions about me.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hey!

So apparently I was completely wrong that my prof. was attacking my work. The more I was typing up an email with a defense, the more I started to wonder if I was wrong, so I added that in lol. I'm still a little confused with what he wants me to do with the script. Switch up the inciting incident or not. That first email really made it seem like he wanted me to change it, but this recent email made it seem like he's telling me that for the future. I mean, in the first email he did say that he thinks I could make the inciting incident more of a bad thing, but it could mean he was just suggesting it rather than I have to. So I hope he clears that up with me.

I actually came up with an idea for a bad coincidence that my professor might like. I'm sending him an email with the idea now. In his reply, he said that I'm gifted in storytelling, so maybe the fact that I was able to work around the good coincidence issue will further prove that hehe. And I did learn a new thing about the whole "good coincidences are bad" thing that I will definitely keep in mind for the future.

YES. I'm glad he's still a good guy hehe :D

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah Ky :D

Oooh and good thing I didn't email him my bad coincidence idea though. He replied to my other email that I should stick to my original. YAY!

All a huge misunderstanding :D

Imbroglio

PERPETUAL EXISTENTIAL CRISIS VICTIM
Registered
Reaction score
Do you guys ever get to the point where you don't want to finish your current WIP at all?

I'm sort of there right now. T_T

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Yup, BG!

And yeah, I've been there, Glo. I HATE that feeling. And that's when I usually switch WIPs...

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what's wrong with me either. Some days I do really well and get a lot of writing done, and I like how it has turned out, but then other days I try for hours and get hardly anything, and it's awful.

Sadness.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
I guess, lol.

I'm GOING to finish this book. When, however, is the question.

I've put too much effing work into creating the story and backstory not to actually write it.

lilly1326001

Mmm... On a coffee high
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having a bipolar muse day too. It's just not coming out on paper (well, computer, but you guys know what I mean!). I've been practically just staring at my screen with no words coming out.

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel you. Though sometimes, I force myself to write.

Then I just end up re-writing the whole thing later, thinking, "How did I even write this...."

lilly1326001

Mmm... On a coffee high
Registered
Reaction score
Ha, I wish I could do that, but it's physically impossible for me to do that. My brain just freezes. Now if only we had microwaves that work for writer's block...

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, that would be nice.

Yeah, well I usually know where the scene is supposed to head, since I've planned it all out beforehand. I leave myself a lot of room for creative impulses though, and sometimes those impulses are dry or non-existent. So when I feel that way, I just write the bare bones of the scene knowing that I'll be able to come back to it later and change things up/spruce it up.

It still feels awful though.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
How do you follow a thread? I've been on here for nearly 2 years or something and I haven't figured that out yet.

lilly1326001

Mmm... On a coffee high
Registered
Reaction score
Well at least you know the dare bones of your scenes. I just have a general one sentence outline for the entire WIP! I really don't know what I'm doing, but I guess we all just have to hang on it there, especially with all the work we've already put into them. :)

Imbroglio

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, Zoe! At the top of the thread, just below the page numbers there is a little box with an arrow labeled "thread tools." If you click on the subscribe to this thread option, it'll show up in your User CP whenever there's a new post.

Unless when you said follow you meant something else. Lol. Then I don't know, haha.

And also, yeah. Though sometimes outlines lie to you. The idea you write in them seems to work, but then you realize that when you actually write it out, it makes no sense or it doesn't work at all. That's frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.