XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back. Thanks for all the advice, guys. It helped.

I think I nailed the phone screen. :D

Whew. Such a relief.

I think I may go out to the B&N to celebrate! And I need to order a book, anyway.

Woohoo!! Good luck with the rest of the process, hope you get the job :)

Afternoon gang. Home time in half an hour. Day = hectic. Lots of work and meetings. Oh well.

Whut up peeps?

Etola

Still looking for stars...
Registered
Reaction score
So much Pinkie Pie!! *glees*

I also really need to decide which ereader I want.

*Ponders some more.*

Personally, I'm staying away from the Kindle because of the proprietary file format thing.

Woohoo!! Good luck with the rest of the process, hope you get the job :)

Afternoon gang. Home time in half an hour. Day = hectic. Lots of work and meetings. Oh well.

Whut up peeps?

Ninja-writing! :D Also eating a ham sandwich for lunch. Luckily it is not a vampiric ham sandwich. That would just be...awkward...

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Personally, I'm staying away from the Kindle because of the proprietary file format thing.

There's that and then there's the whole Amazon questionable business practices in general thing, not the least of which is the way they treat authors.

But if I snag one of the last Kindle keyboard with 3G, I can ninja web surf in tight places, a feature which has reportedly disappeared on the Kindle Touch 3G and that the nook never had.

Grunkins

Grand adventurer of the couch
Registered
Reaction score
It is actually snowing in Massachusetts. A truly noteworthy event this winter.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's that and then there's the whole Amazon questionable business practices in general thing, not the least of which is the way they treat authors.

But if I snag one of the last Kindle keyboard with 3G, I can ninja web surf in tight places, a feature which has reportedly disappeared on the Kindle Touch 3G and that the nook never had.

I have an older model of the 3-Oh-Geez and I less-than-three the crap out of it. The "Experimental Browser" function saved my butt in Argentina thanks to the free wi-fi. Proprietary formating and all the questionable whateves don't bother me. It's a good e-reader and I use it often.

I hear the Nuuk is a really good one as well, but there was an article recently that B&N may stop making it after a disappointing 4th quarter last year. Might be conjecture, so don't take my word as gospel.

Or do. I could use a few more worshipers victims zealots bananaramas friends.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I think I nailed the phone screen. :D

Whew. Such a relief.

I think I may go out to the B&N to celebrate! And I need to order a book, anyway.

Congrats!

That is a fine way to celebrate. :D

*Has a giftcard to B&N. Ponders how to best use it.*

As quickly as possible. That is my only advice.

I hear the Nuuk is a really good one as well, but there was an article recently that B&N may stop making it after a disappointing 4th quarter last year. Might be conjecture, so don't take my word as gospel.

Or do. I could use a few more worshipers victims zealots bananaramas friends.

I've heard good things about the N00K. While on vacation, three out of five e-readers around the pool were N00Ks. Also, a lot of dudes were reading the Steve J0bs bio. I kept freaking out. Hardcovers be expensive. Not for around teh pool.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Ordered Skirmish by Michelle West.

Also got me a pumpkin spice latte at the cafe. Yes, in January. :D They were out of eggnog, but *still* had pumpkin spice.

Now, to non-ninja-write. 'Cause all the ninjas here know the score...

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com

Also got me a pumpkin spice latte at the cafe. Yes, in January. :D They were out of eggnog, but *still* had pumpkin spice.

Ours will usually carry it until January. Then it's just a brewed coffee if they don't have that. I'm not much of a fan of the other lattes.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com

Ours will usually carry it until January. Then it's just a brewed coffee if they don't have that. I'm not much of a fan of the other lattes.

Ours has pumpkin and peppermint year round, they just don't advertise. One of my favorite drinks is an iced chai tea latte with an extra shot of pumpkin flavor. Its soooo good!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's that? Ninja-edit?

Well, okay. But only because you're so darn cute when you ask.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Good luck to Amergina!!!!

Morning folks.

Feel better, June. Go get em, Gina.

I dont wanna get up.

Who wants to get up?? :) *pat,pat*

Good morning. :) Where's the coffee pot?

My question exactly.

yays! _ I've found a few... but I already bought the book. I'm convinced. :) naw... I'm trying to follow her around and leave comments, so she'll wonder where I'll turn up next.

On payday, I just give Amazon my money. It's easier that way. I for one, welcome our corporate overlord.

Etola

Registered
Reaction score
*Has a giftcard to B&N. Ponders how to best use it.*

As quickly as possible. That is my only advice.

YES.

It's good isn't it? :D

Woohoo go ninja writing! I am about to go home in fifteen minutes. It seems too late to start any work...

Ninja-writing...it feels so good! Then again, finally writing after a long time of making very-little-to-no progress feels super good :D

:D Have fun!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, so none of my quotes showed. Let me do this from memory.

Bettie: YOU MOCK MY PAIN! again.

eReader: My grandmother got the Kindle FIAR, and it was pretty rocking. My uncle and cousin apparently fight for it (usually for angry birds)

Angry Birds: From earlier: I love the birds, though some levels are a pita. If I need a hint, I search the level on YouTube. I sleep with my red bird plush :D

So tomorrow is set to be busy busy at work. Alas. I do have a butternut I can cook after work with that yummy suggestion above...

And lastly, PEREGRINE FALCON. In my yard. He was here yesterday and I saw him today too. He made a halfhearted dive for a songbird that was flying across the yard. I hope he moves on, but predators gotta eat too. My wild songbirds have a fair amount of cover, and the feeders are close to the cover. I might pile up some more branches near the platform feeder... That falcon can't survive on juncos and cardinals and such alone, so hopefully he's catching mice and when the chipmunks come out of hibernation I hope he returns for those pests.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
quote function... post reply function actually, is fail. I get a little red circle w/ a line thru it!

we broke the multiquote function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*kermit arms*

128991889622045054.jpg

Etola

Registered
Reaction score
I think AW was briefly hacked!! Was I the only person who saw that?? D-:

Etola

Registered
Reaction score
Oh gosh, it's still happening..If I go to the quote page, 80% of everything is linking to EditingForAuthors.com...

Status
Not open for further replies.