bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Wait, Wha-? :e2woo:

that was my response as well....

and I keep meaning to greet the new people coming to our thread, and yet I haven't. I really do mean to.

Well, it's not OUR thread, it's everyone's thread.

Welcome, everyone. Glad to see new blood. I mean... :) fresh persons.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay that's it, I'm going to the doctor to ask about this shit. I know I tend to crave meat a lot but... Ugh. Okay. Dr it is. *grumbles*

/medical complaints>

*ahem*

I'm pretty sure I just said that.

Consult your doctor. Any other advice, from any of us, myself included, should be disregarded until you've had a chance to talk to a pro who can run tests on you, if need be, and at the very least is much more familiar with your medical condition.

:)

Not to mention the mods get a bit testy about amateur medical advice being tossed around, and yours is definitely a medical/diet thing.

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Wait... bread causes hypoglycemia? *is so confused*

Okay that's it, I'm going to the doctor to ask about this shit. I know I tend to crave meat a lot but... Ugh. Okay. Dr it is. *grumbles*

/medical complaints>

What type of bread is it? Plain white bread does not process in your system like whole wheat.

when my sister went all crazy-go-diabetic on her last pregnancy, she was told to stay away from teh processed white breads and pastas. They are teh ebil.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
*ahem*

Consult your doctor. Any other advice, from any of us, myself included, should be disregarded until you've had a chance to talk to a pro who can run tests on you, if need be, and at the very least is much more familiar with your medical condition.

:)

Not to mention the mods get a bit testy about amateur medical advice being tossed around, and yours is definitely a medical/diet thing.

Wise Bos is wise.

Hope you're able to get in to see someone soon. If there's one organ you don't want to mess with its the pancreas.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
After all that innuendo I'm afraid it was absolutely irresistible

George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings, I spotted it in the recommended reading thread and thought I'd give it a bash given my lack of knowledge of literature from the past few years *checks front of book archaeology to discover book is ten years old :rolleyes: * Very readable but I do wish that they would use a larger font than what seems to be 6 point. It hurtzz our eyezzz.

Did you read A Game of Thrones first? I just finished A Clash of Kings and have moved onto A Storm of Swords.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wise Bos is wise.

Damn skippy I am.

:D

Hope you're able to get in to see someone soon. If there's one organ you don't want to mess with its the pancreas.

Really? Because I had always heard that in a little garlic butter and the right seasonings it's .....

Not what you meant, is it now? Never mind.

buz

edits all posts at least four times
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Jaw: OMG there is something seriously wrong with you....

I know. I don't think there's a medication for it though.

Want some chocolate milk? It's organic...I don't feed Hugh Jackman any growth hormones.

and I keep meaning to greet the new people coming to our thread, and yet I haven't. I really do mean to.

Well, it's not OUR thread, it's everyone's thread.

Welcome, everyone. Glad to see new blood. I mean... :) fresh persons.

I was afraid to touch it at first, and then I decided what the hell, I can dance if I want to. I can leave my friends behind...

I'm not that fresh, though. I work around farm animals and I'm sure I would have a poo-permeated aftertaste.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I just finished A Clash of Kings and have moved onto A Storm of Swords.
No I just dived straight in on book 2 after reading my way through the thread. I figured if I liked book 2 then I might read some of the others. I quite like the way he twists the words around so that they are the same yet different, like Ser instead of Sir. Very clever.So far I like it because it has maps at the beginning. i am a sucker for a map.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eww... you've probably eaten pancreas, haven't you? *shudders*

I don't think they actually call it pancreas, and it doesn't come from people, but I'm pretty sure it's on the menu somewhere.

And to my knowledge, no, I haven't.

But I would try it.

:D

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
*ahem*

Yes I know, I know. I'm going okay?

Thing is, I've mentioned this kind of stuff to the dr before, and after a series of blood tests and random consultations the conclusion was "Erm.... we dunno". So I think it's just going to be that all over again, after the inevitable needle-sticking.

I fainted last time they took my blood. *grumbles*

*grumbles some more*

Please can I chip in with the 'please go consult a professional type person about this'.
Okay okay okay.

Did I mention about the blood tests? And the fainting?

when my sister went all crazy-go-diabetic on her last pregnancy, she was told to stay away from teh processed white breads and pastas. They are teh ebil.
Now, see, I know diabetics aren't supposed to eat white bread. I think because it's full of quickly-released glucose and can cause sugar spikes. Or something.

I suppose I can eat brown bread sandwichs. They have those at work.

Wise Bos is wise.

Wait... There's a problem with my pancreas? Which one is that?

So, in review, according to Cantina Hospital, I have a prescription for not-white-bread and a problem with my pancreas. And maybe diabetes.

You know, maybe I will go to a real doctor.

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I didn't think anybody remembered the Safety Dance. Do people remember the bizarro music video?

Dude. I came from the 80's. I am all about the Safety Dance.

Yes I know, I know. I'm going okay?

Thing is, I've mentioned this kind of stuff to the dr before, and after a series of blood tests and random consultations the conclusion was "Erm.... we dunno". So I think it's just going to be that all over again, after the inevitable needle-sticking.

I fainted last time they took my blood. *grumbles*

*grumbles some more*

Okay okay okay.

Did I mention about the blood tests? And the fainting?

Now, see, I know diabetics aren't supposed to eat white bread. I think because it's full of quickly-released glucose and can cause sugar spikes. Or something.

So, in review, according to Cantina Hospital, I have a prescription for not-white-bread and a problem with my pancreas. And maybe diabetes.

You know, maybe I will go to a real doctor.

Would you quit listening to us? We're all mad in here. Go talk to that fool doctor again. Punch him in the face if you have to - or better yet, walk over there after a white bread sandwich and faint. That'll get him working on it!! :)

But I do hope you feel better, hon!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
My daughter just came up with the reason why wars are all caused by women. It's because, behind every great general, there's a woman he's afraid to go home to.

buz

edits all posts at least four times
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't think anybody remembered the Safety Dance. Do people remember the bizarro music video?
I was unaware of the music video until I clicked on the link provided by this "bos" fellow...

Personally, my favorite eighties video is "You Spin Me Round". Minimalistic, beautiful, with an unmatched hilarity. I peed myself when I first saw it.

Last edited:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com

Well, if we are talking sugar spikes and crashes and hypoglycemia, it's logical, though perhaps not factual.

You might run using a blood glucose meter by your doctor and tracking your blood sugar levels for a period of time. At worst, only the finger pricks will hurt.

My daughter just came up with the reason why wars are all caused by women. It's because, behind every great general, there's a woman he's afraid to go home to.

So men fight in wars so they don't have to go home to their women folk?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have raided the library and returned home. I have a hardback copy of The Princess Bride, b/c I can't find my paperback.

In avian news: Soon after I got home, I saw a Carolina Wren and a Cardinowova (Car-din-ow-ova; tiz Polish, for female cardinal, and Engrished) both on the bucket lid under the suet feeder, which acts as a handy suet catch. There was a downy woodpecker on the suet above them, and she soon dropped a fair chunk o suet. Both the Carolina Wren and the Cardinowova sprung to attention, but it bounced off the edge. The Cardinowova dropped off the lid and fluttered down, while the Carolina Wren seemed to shrug and turned his/her back on the scene.

Later, a Cardinal landed on my hot tub (winterized and partially covered in plastic to keep the leather cover dry) and was tentatively hopping toward the heated water, and toward me, less than 6 feet away in the house. He hops some more, then there's a long pause. Inexplicably he hops sideways, onto the plastic, and looks around.

Maybe I should set up a little jump rope for them? :D

Other than that, the feeders are packed and I've put out extra food on the ground. The squirrels have figured out not to come in the afternoons :)

*snickers*

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

That's the long, ugly, pale, lumpy thing sandwiched between your duodenum (first part of small intestine) as it loops around.

Unless you aren't a bird, then nevermind. Except the ugly part. And pale part. And lumpy part. And being associated near the duodenum part.

We're all the same really, except when we're not :D

Status
Not open for further replies.