QUILTBAG in different countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManInBlack

Registered
Reaction score
Website
williamsilvia.net
I'd like to think there is enough potential information here for a sticky thread, but that's only assuming there is as much potential for feedback as I think there might be.

In writing a diverse cast, it sometimes becomes important to know public attitudes - not the published ones, but what you're likely to come across on the street - in different areas. In my current project, I find myself coming across the question of how a homosexual couple would be perceived in Brazil. I have information I can use to extrapolate this, but definitely not enough to be confident in the answer.

Has anybody here spent significant time in countries about whom this information isn't pop culture knowledge?

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Venezuelan here. There's a non-official "Don't ask, din't tell"-type of non-verbal agreement. My mother works with a gay man in a stable relationship. Everyone knows he's gay but nobody comments on his private life. When he shows pictures of his vacations, he only shows himself alone. I guess Brazil is probably more liberal.

Status
Not open for further replies.