Online game tournament...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
Aggy shared this in the erotica forum, and I thought I might share it here too. So there's this online game called League of Legends. They recently started an all-female tournament.

Somehow, for some reason, they decided to have special rules for gay and trans woman. Only one gay/trans woman is allowed per team. Because... you know... LGBT people could have some sort of unfair advantage, like magic superpowers, or... stuff.

Anyway. I don't think it's outrage worthy, but the comment section was just plain charming.
Well, I have to admit, as far as horribly offensive stereotypes go, 'they RULE at video games', is a pretty nice one.
"Each team will be allowed to have a maximum of one (1) Gay/Transgendered woman for the entirety of the tournament day." What if we start moving along the scale, too. What if a team has four women who are all like... 25% gay?
I demand a clarification. Instead of having 1 lesbian, can a team have 2 bisexual women?
They did say "1 gay", and didn't specify. So as long as we have one unit of gay, we're okay?
Ok so hear me out.. let's say prior to the tournament I happen to be bitten by someone who is transgender or a lesbian (as we all know it takes 24 hours for the curse to spread to your blood) will that in fact disqualify me from participating?

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Bah. Came here with this link, but it's here already :D So instead I'll clarify, as a LoL-player more invested into the community:

1. First of all, Riot Games' official response: https://mobile.twitter.com/riotgames/status/562711265899188229?cn=cmVjb3NfYmFja2ZpbGxfZGlnZXN0

"LGBT players are welcome at official LoL tourneys. We're working with partners to ensure consistency with our values across all regions. "

2. Garena is a proxy of sorts distributing LoL in Asia where Riot Games can't. They're not Riot Games, and they've done questionable things in the past.

I liked the comment about dueling with 'a gay' being considered ELO Boosting soon :D

Also someone said it was some sort of translation issue there, and that 'gay' means a transvestite, not a transsexual there, but I have no idea, it's not my language, and trusting Reddit comments blindly is a sign of crazy. So just mentioning that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.