Beautiful LGBTQ Love Letters from history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I follow a website called "Brain Pickings" every now and then because they post some pretty interesting articles. Anyway, I ran across this one today and thought some of the readers of this sub-forum might enjoy it.

It contains sections from love letters exchanged between famous LGBTQ people in history (many of them authors and poets) like Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville-West, Oscar Wilde and Sir Alfred Taylor, etc.

As we turn the leaf on a new chapter of modern history that embraces a more inclusive definition of love — both culturally and, at last, politically — here is a celebration of the human heart’s highest capacity through history’s most beautiful and timelessly bewitching LGBTQ love letters.

http://www.brainpickings.org/2014/02/14/greatest-queer-love-letters/

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! I'm just sticking this post here so I can come back and read your link once I'm over my mid-divorce, there's-no-such-thing-as-love mood.

Underdawg47

Registered
Reaction score
I follow a website called "Brain Pickings" every now and then because they post some pretty interesting articles. Anyway, I ran across this one today and thought some of the readers of this sub-forum might enjoy it.

It contains sections from love letters exchanged between famous LGBTQ people in history (many of them authors and poets) like Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville-West, Oscar Wilde and Sir Alfred Taylor, etc.

http://www.brainpickings.org/2014/02/14/greatest-queer-love-letters/

They were quite beautiful.

planetzorb

Registered
Reaction score
These are wonderful. Virginia Woolf certainly has a way with words...:heart:
I've shared this link with my friends to cheer us all up a little.

Thanks for posting! :D

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
If you don't feel intensely romantic after reading such words, you have no heart. I adored their beauty, the melancholy of their situations, and the quiet triumph of their loves! *sighing & swooning*

Status
Not open for further replies.