Status
Not open for further replies.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
So let this be a lesson: if your life blows up, don't tell anyone. And most of all, DON'T tell the person who is supposed to have your professional back why you're struggling to complete things. (I say this sarcastically).

Wow. Screw that. Seriously. You're the second person I know who has a story like that - agents "breaking up" or being jerks over totally personal matters. (The other story was, believe it or not, over the author's weight.)

Which makes me so thankful, once again, for my agent. He knows what happened with the baby, and over the past few months we've gone back and forth over an outline for my second book. I was so very aware that he had multiple opportunities to say, "Look, maybe you're too emotional/distraught/whatever to do this right now" or "I think you want the book like this because this happened to you." But he never did. He kept it on a completely professional level and he allowed me to do that too. It was actually a real help to me to have something to work on that was completely "other," where I could just "do my job," so to speak, and not be all emotional. I'm glad he respected that. Hm. Time to send him another note. :)

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Washed, shampooed, deep-treated, scrubbed, shaved, netied, pumiced...

What is this? Sorry, I'm the most un-girly girl out there....

Please indulge a :yessmiley moment.

Of the only 4 reviews I actually read, this is today's:

Publishers Weekly Review of Veiled Threat

:partyguy: Yay, Lily--too awesome!!!

{{{Haupe}}} Cheer up, chum. As for the pup, yeah, as a veg-head, that would be difficult cooking meat for him. But I'd make the sacrifice. :)

Just finishing up one or two final projects, but my total this month across both the epublisher and the freelancing is:

11 novels
+ 12 novellas
+ 1 short story
= 1,200,000 words.

And that is why I has a tired. :e2yawn:

:Hail:

Woo hoo, Dragon! So excited for you!

Dragged my sorry saggy butt to the doctor, finally. The amount of snot exiting my nose was ghastly. Suffered needlessly for 2 weeks because I kept thinking, "It's a virus. It will go away." Nope. Sinus infection. Never had one. First pill taken at 2:00 and I pretty much haven't blown my nose since.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
What is this? Sorry, I'm the most un-girly girl out there....

I believe she is referring to a neti pot. Which, given this:

Dragged my sorry saggy butt to the doctor, finally. The amount of snot exiting my nose was ghastly. Suffered needlessly for 2 weeks because I kept thinking, "It's a virus. It will go away." Nope. Sinus infection. Never had one. First pill taken at 2:00 and I pretty much haven't blown my nose since.

Is something you may wish to become acquainted with. ;) (Took me a while to work up to it, but I'm a convert.)

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
lily pie, was wendy part of the
crazy mean girls brigade? some
tweeps follow her and i'm perplexed.
i looked on her blog once i think,
didn't seem crazy...

i still use goodreads to keep
track of my books. i use it solely
as a reader, not as an author.
no(t too many) trolls have
bothered me yet. *knocks wood*

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I've been wanting to use a Neti Pot. Just never got around to it.

I forgot to say {{{Dawn}}} That sucks, hard. This happened with my manager (acting, not publishing). We went out for lunch, we talked on the phone, etc. She had me believing we were friends. Then she dumped me over my "problems."

Never again. I understand some people want to be buds with their agents, and that's fine. You can have both, for sure. But for me, I keep things all business.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Cindy, W3ndy was the one who wrote the pretty decent review of The S3l3ction or somesuch (the book was, IIRC, a dystopian version of The Bachelor TV show). The author & her agent (!) went ballistic, then Tweeted and otherwise got all the author's fans to rip WD to shreds. STGRB grew out of it, besides driving WD into hiding.

Thus, I'm staying the heck off GR for, like, ever. The crazies are a small percentage, but that wasn't the first time crazy won out over common sense. There's a huge thread on it in Roundtable.

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
There's no pity in Purgatory.

I buy because I WANT!!!!!

YEP!

clovia, if this is the kitsune novel,
i'm on it like spicy broth on stinky tofu!

This made me :D

Working on editor notes on book 2... Had to break out the spiral notebook and list the characters & their human counterparts so I could keep them all straight as I revise.

Hoping to get the rest of the chapters from her by the end of next week so I can get it back to publisher and make my insane release date that I want... The next 20 days I shall be crazy lady *nod nod*

ok back to work!!!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Lily, Sharkbite just pointed to your photo and said, "A KING!" (He does not yet recognize gender, so take that as a compliment.)

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Ugh, Dawn - That's just unbelievable :( (er, not that I don't believe it, just that it's unbelievably shitty of her). I hope everything goes well with your new release!

Sunna, awesome news about your doctor and hubs!

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, but my brain seems to have turned to useless scramble of goo and... yeah.

Night all

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Lily is the king!:) how cute is sharkbite?:D

cricket - feel better!

amarie - you can do it. also, love your quote "I need some wine with my whine.":)

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm so much happier without her. Worrying about pleasing her was an unnecessary weight on my shoulders. Besides, this is her MO - she's done it to other clients.

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
I'm sorry, Dawn. I had a similar thing happen in medicine and it hurts to be kicked when you're down. Glad that overall life is treating you better.

Thanks for all the pep talks and reps, guys. :heart: Onwards and upwards.

WritingDemons

Reclusive doesn't begin to cover it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jackykendricks.blogspot.com
So, totally off topic, but:

I'm trying to decide if I want to make a page for my RR pen name, or set up a separate FB account. Anyone have experience using either or for writerly stuff? Anyone have a preference or recommendation?

Sometimes I feel so utterly clueless about social media, despite being relatively internet savvy. =/

WritingDemons

Reclusive doesn't begin to cover it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jackykendricks.blogspot.com
Even more off topic...

There's this add that's been at the top of AW for a couple of days now about the Hobbit. I don't think I've ever seen the beginning of the add. Anyway, as the page was loading a catch a glimpse of it and have a :Wha: moment.

Because I am stupidly dyslexic, instead reading "This Christmas send them Bilbo!" I read it as...something highly inappropriate.

There are times my dyslexia gets me into all sorts of trouble. (There was a memorable incident at a party a little while ago where I read "Beach Pirates" instead of "Beach Parties" while we were playing Apples to Apples. Boy, did I manage to confuse everyone with that. :D )

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
(((Dawn)))

There must be something in the water at that agency, between what happened to you, me, and another Purgy.

Welcome to the D.C. area - there's 7 Purgies here. We just had a get-together a few weeks ago when Ink was in town. I would've invited you if I'd known you were in the area. We'll have to get together soon.

Good luck on Crush3d!

ETA (crap - missed a whole page):

(((Cricket))) Glad you're feeling better.

(((RAB))) Night, Becky.

NIYRAK - good luck on the revisions!

Because I am stupidly dyslexic, instead reading "This Christmas send them Bilbo!" I read it as...something highly inappropriate.
LOL! Sounds like you'd have a lot of fun at a Hobbit party. :D

Last edited:

Leanan-Sidhe

leaving trails of fairy dust
Registered
Reaction score
(((Sammy))) Here's hoping nothing changes drastically.

Dawn, welcome back and *hugs* :Hug2:

Lily, yay for the good review!

Para, that is a lot of words. :Hail:

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, Dawn, but...jeez you've had quite a year :Wha:
You've dodged a bullet with that agent, IMO. She's done it to another purgy in the past.

Hugs and cheers to all. Been crazy busy with end of month stuff. About to dive back in.

Laters!

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
bust out those corsets tas!
pub intended! ha!
happy birthday and hope
you get them soon!!

really loving my chinese beauty