researching strange things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SML7318

Registered
Reaction score
Another strange thing I had to look up is what type of limes are best for decomposing bodies. I remember in Kevin Weeks memoir he said he used the wrong type, and it mumified the body instead.

Katerina

Registered
Reaction score
I write Romance so I research a lot of kinky things. Some of it's for novel research, anyways, some.... o_O

Shunter

Registered
Reaction score
I had a character attempting suicide and was looking up how people slit their wrists, how much scarring it leaves, recovery times etc. Cue me googling with my hands covering my eyes for fear of what pictures would come up, as I'm quite squeamish. The answer is: no pictures, thank heavens, but also very little information. I ended up just winging it.

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Bombs, potato cannons, small hot air balloons used to deliver bombs, lasers, laser guns, EMPs, poisons... Yeah...

Also, we had a zombie cockroach in our living room last night. It was weird. The husband started going on about how we'll wake up in the morning and the entire world will be dead because of the zombie cockroaches except for us, because he killed ours. He's a bit of a nutcase. Also, he also writes scifi/fantasy, so there's that.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I think the research project that bothered me most was how to take out the power grid, and how to poison a city's water supply, both with easily obtainable materials.

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
Now I can see how *that* might get you a knock on the door in the middle of the night James!

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Now I can see how *that* might get you a knock on the door in the middle of the night James!

I don't mind a knock on the door all that much. It's a no-knock warrant from a full Homeland Security team that disturbs me.

Marianne Kirby

Blue Hair, Don't Care
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.xojane.com
I have 8 browser tabs on my laptop plus several open on my phone researching teenaged murderesses. I started out with teenagers who had been killed by serial killers but that wasn't quite right.

On that note, does anyone have a favorite teenaged murderess?

Status
Not open for further replies.