Your Writing Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoryofWoe

Sick and pale with grief.
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes I find music to be distracting. Sometimes. Other times, I love to put on film scores, but nothing crazy-epic like The Lord of the Rings or Interstellar (sorry, Hans). Usually, I turn to Youtube and set myself up a playlist.

These days, it's:

Becoming Jane
Jane Eyre
Pride and Prejudice
Belle

I recently discovered these fantastic Studio Ghibli soundtracks (music from Totoro, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, etc.) that bring me back to my childhood...which can be awkward while writing erotica, but somehow, it still works.

Relaxing Piano - Studio Ghibli Complete Collection
Relaxing Harp Music - Studio Ghibli Music - Hayao Miyazaki Collection

And I'd be stiffing you all if I didn't mention the Kingdom Hearts Piano Collections.

I'm such a nerd.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can write without music, but I prefer to write with music.

Depending upon my mood, it can be anything from EDM to jazz to solo piano to industrial medal. It can range from Joni Mitchell to Michael Jackson to Ministry to Miles Davis. A little soundtrack to the creative muse is an asset, not a liability.

Then play on. :Guitar:

Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. ~Charlie Parker

constanceg

Registered
Reaction score
I absolutely cannot listen to anything with words while I write--it's too distracting. I also can't listen to anything too slow, because I find that I start slowing down the pace of my typing to keep time with the music and get completely thrown off. But if I have to muffle other sounds, or if I'm really blocked and need something to distract my conscious mind long enough to get something on the page while it's not looking, a Yo-Yo Ma album usually does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.