• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

ParaDon Books Publishing / Amazon Book Clubs

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
There are a number of companies who supply receipt tape to stores for free. The catch is that there are ads printed on the back. I guess they're working with one of those businesses.

This phrase doesn't exactly fill me with confidence:

The coupon, which will be handed to payed consumers in the supermarket...

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
That's easy. Most major grocery store chains sell ad space on the back of their receipts. If you look on the back, they list a 1-800 or local number to call. I don't know how much it costs, but it can't be that much. Regional and local mom & pop companies do it. It's got to be way less than $4500.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Last December ParaDon was selling these 'services' for considerably less:

Promote your book to the world.
Do you want your book in front of 400,000+ viewers? Do you want your book cover to be advertise through Walmart, Walgreens, Albertson, Food4Less, Target, etc? Or maybe you just want us to schedule you a radio show interview, a blog-post interview, magazine interview, or a television appearance for you? Whatever it is that you have in mind, our dedicated PR team have all sorts of packages designed to fit your budget.
$2,500
This service is provided free to all writers who choose to publish with us.

Now that's what I call inflation!

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
He's back!

I've just become the lucky recipient of the following spam e-mail from one 'Faspoken Ase':

750 Book Buyers and Sellers

RIBBON (https://www.ribbon.co/b76e22)

Authors! Pay attention! We've come up with solution to your promotional needs. Indie Writers, we love your books and want to see them everywhere. We have come up with a list of over 748 book buyers (people who love books like you and buys them directly from publishers and book warehouses all around the United States).

If you are a writer who want to increase your readership we highly recommend that you contact the people in this list. They are waiting to learn about your published book. You may be the perfect gem they are looking for to increase their monthly quota.

At Indie Writers Support our mission is to support every writer, and always bring new materials for people to read/learn.
Included in this list of 748 people are Book Store Owners, Book Vendors, Major & Minor Book Outlets, Independent Book Sellers, Used Book Sellers, Book Club Managers, Book Publicists, Book readers/reviewers/bloggers, Learning Center Managers, University Book Stores, etc. You will get their contact names, phone/fax numbers, locations, and emails. All neatly arranged in Microsoft Excel file.

Your wait is over.
Give your book the notoriety that it deserves. If you pitch to all of the members in this list, chances are one of them will store your published book(s) on their book shelves for customers to browse.
If you are a book store owner and would like to be added to this list or would like to be announce to our networks, leave us a message here.
Get the list at this website; RIBBON (https://www.ribbon.co/b76e22)
This list will be updated monthly.

Check out a full list our very cheap Products and Services here:
https://www.ribbon.co/users/5209663613

The nameless IndieWriterSupport Administrator is male and based in San Bernardino, California, the home of Korede Abayomi's mother and step-father. He also created IWP's website, which is full of strangely familiar phrases:

Get a taste of good readings. Read the most interesting story-lines in the world.

First Come First Serve Bases.

The outlandish claims are back again:

We are preparing to launch a major PR news release through premium news outlets
such as USA Today, NY Times, Washington Post, Wall street and more through the Associated
Press in the year of 2013, so we urge you to take advantage of these publicity...

Want to add yourself and your book title to the list on this website?
It will only cost you $100 to be permanently added to our list on this website
and many others, mentioned on our daily newsletter of 500,000+ email subscribers, and announced
throughout all of our social media networks and blog sites.
First Come First Serve Bases.
For this $100, we will introduce your book to hundreds of book clubs,
book reviewers, book store owners, literary agents, editors, publishers, expert bloggers, and
get you featured throughout all of our affiliated websites and social media networks.
We will do a major news release of your book(s), and guarantee you at least 500,000 viewers.
It's a win, win. You book is guaranteed to sell, and will be featured as 'Book-of-the-Day'
on this page and the many other websites that we sponsor.

Some of our promoted authors get as much as six or seven published reviews a day
on amazon.com if the story-line is very interesting.
http://www.indiewritersupport.com/

Korede Abayomi is one of 'our up and coming Writers', and his book The Oracle is a Staff Pick.

Since Faspoken Ase's Google Plus page links him to Amazon Book Clubs and Sohma Somadhi, Mr Abayomi's step-father, I think it's reasonable to assume that no-one has ever seen Messrs Ase and Abayomi in the same room at the same time...

Oh, and that e-mail was also sent to agents including Ethan Ellenberg, Andrea Brown, Donald Maass and Gloria Loomis.

:roll:

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
We are preparing to launch a major PR news release through premium news outlets
such as USA Today, NY Times, Washington Post, Wall street and more through the Associated
Press in the year of 2013, so we urge you to take advantage of these publicity...

Through the Associated Press? Maybe they plan to send a release to the AP, but the AP won't touch it unless they consider it to be newsworthy.

Last edited:

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
(I read the first two pages of "The 419 Caper" and, cor blimey. It's almost a kind of masterpiece.)

LindaJeanne

On a small world west of wonder
Registered
Reaction score
(I read the first two pages of "The 419 Caper" and, cor blimey. It's almost a kind of masterpiece.)

Loved by critics!

"...a masterpiece" -- Torgo, AbsoluteWrite

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
We will do a major news release of your book(s), and guarantee you at least 500,000 viewers.
It's a win, win. You book is guaranteed to sell, and will be featured as 'Book-of-the-Day'
on this page and the many other websites that we sponsor.

I'd love to see an author hold him to this promise, although I notice that he doesn't specify how many sales can be expected...

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Our old pals at Paradon, Korede Abayomi and international woman of mystery Celina M, are still out there! This time they're offering a fantastic new service through fiverr:

I will accordingly promote your book to the 100 top amazon reviewers of the genre for $5

That's right. I will promoted your published book or eBook to 100 registered & top amazon reviewers for $5. That's 100 reviewers who buy and download stories on the regular and leaves good or average reviews on amazon.

Even better, I will promote your published titles to the reviewers who will most likely take interest in your subject. Example, if your book is an horror story, then the title will be advertised to 100 reviewers who had left published reviews on the genre's category (horror stories). Mystery fictions will get mystery reviewers. Simple and plain. Your published title is guarantee to sell and possibly get reviewed.

We have a software that collect emails of every reviewers directly from amazon, and another mass emailing software that quickly send emails to unlimited amount of recipients daily.
http://fiverr.com/paradon/according...to-the-100-top-amazon-reviewers-of-the-genre#!

*Monty Python chorus of "spam, spam, spam, spam" in background*

Judd Miller, once a humble logo designer, is now the Indie Writers Support Administrator. He's also quite obviously Korede Abayomi.

My name is Judd Miller, and I am one the top networking Public Relation agents in the world. I have utilized my skills for PayPal, Amazon, Salesforce, St. Martin Press, Harlequin, Simon & Schuster, and many other small press publishers by advertising their books / eBooks to the masses.

I am also one of the developers of over 520 different websites through my marketing website WebDvloper.com, including my latest here, Indie Writers Support, a writer's website. I specialize in website developments and promotions, and I would love to be the promoter of your book(s) / publishing press.

Give your book the notoriety that it deserves...

Online articles pertaining to you and your books written by our staff members will start appearing on the search engines (google, bing, yahoo etc) approximately two to three months after your initial promotion. [Given the standard of English displayed here I dread to think what these articles will be like - or will they be the hilarious 'spun' articles quoted earlier in this thread?]

Hire us, and we will guarantee that your published work is viewed by at least 500,000 views within a year!

I work on a first come first serve only.
http://indiewritersupport.com/profiles/blogs/promote-your-work-to-500-000-readers#!

Sadly, people are still falling for this. Could a mod please add "Indie Writers Support" to the title of this thread?

Last edited:

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Wait: they're harvesting emails from Amazon? How?

ALso, I'm really quite impressed by how broken that website is. I clicked on it and it scrolled automatically to the bottom of the page, from whence it is impossible to scroll up. Nice one, Judd!

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Hire us, and we will guarantee that your published work is viewed by at least 500,000 views within a year!

Yes, nothing sells books like being viewed by a view.

Judd/Korede can also be found on Elance:

My name is Judd Miller, and I am one of the top-leading net-workers' in the world. I have utilized my skills for Paypal, Amazon, Salesforce, etc, and I am one of the five owners of WebDvlopers.com. I am an internet marketer, and one of the top earning Affiliates in the world. Even though my money-making skills are only known to a few, I have decided to go against my past believe and sell out this knowledge with the software, and will even go to work for you. For $250 extra, I will send you my Email Software, 100,000+ marketing email list, a 10-page instructional manual on how to become a self sufficient internet millionaire, and I will even do a one-on-one tutorial with you via telephone and a desktop virtual training.
https://www.elance.com/s/amazonassociate/about/

From the portfolio page:

Here's a screen shot of how I send thousands of emails a day to my customers' lists.

Yes, it's a screen shot in which dozens of e-mail addresses are clearly visible. I'm touched by his concern for the privacy and security of others.

Edited to add: OMG! This is what happened when Judd/Korede tried to spam a Yahoo group in May this year. Marvel at his professionalism on being told to stop spamming:

Last edited:

acockey

Bronies, Bronies Everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
shhh... its her secret... click now and pay her money and she will tell you too

TheOneTrueBen

Making it up as I go along...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chancefortunato.com

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
When asked if ParaDon Books charge reading or publishing fee, the publisher declined, and stated that ParaDon Books do not charge fees of any kind to their authors except for payroll taxes.

Granted I haven't had my coffee yet, but does this mean the publisher declined to confirm if there was a reading fee? And no, taxes withheld and forwarded to the government are not fees, and they're certainly not reading fees. Using that logic, anyone with a job is paying money to their employer in order to work.

And that whole thing about having to turn over your email address before you can even look at a site? No. Just no.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, God...are these jokers still around? In the past couple of days I've had two atrociously-written emails from the elusive Celina Marka. Apparently I'm "among the very first 500 writers that showed interest".

The company's new website debuts in November, and according to Manta it has an estimated annual revenue of between 20 and 50 million dollars. It employs 50-99 people, presumably at its state of the art base in Great Falls. Wow! As if that wasn't impressive enough, Paradon is also a member of the Mystery Writers of America and several other august literary bodies.

Says Celina: "We are looking to publish best-sellers, and will give every fitting writers the chance...Our job as your publisher is to a lot of your books so nthat we can both profit...Don't forget to spread the news and forward this email to your writer friends. You have our permission."

I have their permission! Isn't that adorable?

Incredibly, Paradon's press release of 18th August simply regurgitates the nonsense about press mogul Richard Eglund and the company's large building in Great Falls (complete with the old 'insert your name here' fake photo of the glass facade).

Last edited:

cheriedesues

Registered
Reaction score
Well crap, crap, crap...don't I feel foolish.

I wish to the Goddess I would have come to absolutewrite first before I emailed a letter to the contract manager, paulj@paradonbooks.com

I was just asking a few questions because the whole thing sounded too good ya know? I'm glad I didn't send any of my work. I've been so burned by Noble Romance and then Silver Publishing couldn't pay their authors...now this. Crap. I am going to pass this information on to my many Facebook writing pals. I know they'll be pissed off by yet another lousy publisher...sigh. Thanks for doing the legwork, I'm glad I haven't agreed to anything.

https://www.facebook.com/paradonbookspublishing is their lousy Facebook page. I should have known better by all the terrible grammar errors...crap.

Much love, Cherie De Sues

Oh, God...are these jokers still around? In the past couple of days I've had two atrociously-written emails from the elusive Celina Marka. Apparently I'm "among the very first 500 writers that showed interest".

The company's new website debuts in November, and according to Manta it has an estimated annual revenue of between 20 and 50 million dollars. It employs 50-99 people, presumably at its state of the art base in Great Falls. Wow! As if that wasn't impressive enough, Paradon is also a member of the Mystery Writers of America and several other august literary bodies.

Says Celina: "We are looking to publish best-sellers, and will give every fitting writers the chance...Our job as your publisher is to a lot of your books so nthat we can both profit...Don't forget to spread the news and forward this email to your writer friends. You have our permission."

I have their permission! Isn't that adorable?

Incredibly, Paradon's press release of 18th August simply regurgitates the nonsense about press mogul Richard Eglund and the company's large building in Great Falls (complete with the old 'insert your name here' fake photo of the glass facade).

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
An email from these people turned up in my yahoo spam folder today. It was titled "
[h=3]Why Writers Should Consider ParaDon Books Publishing[/h]
and it came from "AmazonBookClubs.org" which was a little confusing because at first I thought it was something from Amazon. It was full of links, about sending work to their acquisitions editor, but I never click links from emails in my spam folder.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
There's a new face at ParaDon - that of Mr Bolade Omo Niaja. Like Korede Abayomi he was born in Lagos and has lived in San Bernardino, California. Let's pop over to his Facebook and find out a bit more about him.

Oh, wait a minute...

https://m.facebook.com/korede.abayomi?_rdr

Evidently he isn't such a new face after all.

Niaja/Abayomi is the administrator of Readers Books, yet another ParaDon spinoff:

http://www.readersbooks.info/

Remember Indie Writers Support, another head of the ParaDon hydra? A new member has posted excitedly that "My book is Publish by a WELL KNOW publisher". A quick Google reveals that the book was published through CreateSpace, has a grand total of 46 pages and hasn't been proofread, let alone edited. I don't know what she paid for the privilege of membership but it was too much.

http://indiewritersupport.com/?xg_source=msg_invite_net

Last edited: