Work from Home 0pportunities that aren't a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESHanson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, folks:

I'd like the thoughts of others. Right now, I'm employed at a (full time) non-writing job. I'd like to do something to supplement my income, either via editing or writing articles outright. Given my background in the medical industry, I've been looking into Medical Transcription certification. However, from my research, I've deduced that the jobs are few and far between.

How is it going for those of you who are using editing and or writing to supplement your current job? Are content sites a feasible entry point into paid writing, for example?

For those of you who are in transcription--is this a viable path for someone seeking supplementary work at this time?

I'm sorry if this post comes across as vague. I really am just starting to explore potential opportunities.

If this threat would fit better elsewhere, please let me know. :)

Thanks,

Erika

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've lost touch with her, but one of my first online friends was a woman who did medical transcription at home. She was putting her husband through medical school. IIRC, she was employed by either a large practice or a hospital. I would guess that transcription for an entity like that which you could physically visit if you wanted to check them out, and vice versa, might eliminate the scam element.

I'm not sure, but she may have begun transcribing for them in their office, and as their need for space grew, the job shifted to home.

Maryn, not sure if this is any help, but glad to meet you

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
I know a lady who owns a transcription business, catering to all kinds. She does really well from home. Hats off to you if you work transcriptions for a living! That's a very demanding career. :)

I work content editorial for a publishing company from home. That's very much worth it.

The work is there, it's just getting in the right places.

Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.