Registered
Reaction score
Taken care of, Haggis

**paw bump**

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Umm...Porter? That was really a mean thing to say about the Lions. And since my team looks like crap on toast this year and probably won't even make the playoffs, dissing the Lions just seems like sour grapes.

Exactly. And the Lions have only sucked for what, 50 years or so?

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Exactly. And the Lions have only sucked for what, 50 years or so?

Well, when you put it like that...

It's not like you're a Cubs fan. We just keep saying, "oh, well there's always next year." The angst has been passed down through generations and when/if they finally do win The Series the release would be so great that it would upset the balance between species and forms of life.

My sister and cousin live in Chicago. Both of them have run into Cutler at various places around the city and both say he's an incredible d-bag. It's like he goes out of his way to be rude and nasty to fans. It makes being a Bears fan a little tougher.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Porter's problem is that Moose Jaw has never been to the Zooper Bowl. He's just jealous. Then again, neither have the Lions.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I never got into that sport. But I do enjoy my college football and it's nice to see your Michigan guys giving Ohio a time. I hate Ohio. I hate the state, the school, the teams, etc.

It's a tough game. I'm at my editing place watching it as we speak. One clown is wearing an OSU jersey. I'm trying to decide whether or not I should have him killed.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Of course you should. Just make sure they trace the hit to cray.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are hard on Ohio. They must be pretty good to get you so riled up.

:D

There's nothing good about Ohio. Or their thug coach either.

I wonder what bowl game they'll be going to this year.

Oh. Wait....

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
There's one good thing about Ohio: it's not Notre Dame.

Damn straight!

You know, I'll tell you guys a story about just how obnoxious Ohio people can be.

I went to Western Illinois University. It's a small, proud state school in an area not well funded and full of economic hardships. The area used to be called Forgottonia because the state and federal grants just went on by us. But after years of saving and lobbying, they finally got money for a badly needed library because the current one was falling apart. It was too old and too full of books. The doors wouldn't close and cracks were forming because of the settling.

So they got a new library. There was an odd problem, though. At night, from a distance, when the lights were on it spell OHIO all around the oddly shaped building. It seems the architect found out that it was a university library and decided to rub his alma mater into everybody's nose. So for a few years, every night, I would look to my favorite building on campus and be reminded of just how obnoxious people from Ohio can be.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Actually I'm happy as anything since TheOhio State University will have a perfect record this year and NOT go to a bowl game this year (since they refused to self regulate themselves out of one last year) and next year they won't be perfect and in the national champ picture (even with four teams going).

The next happiest is that none of the rats who deserted their Penn State team mates will be going to the big one either. The idiot who dumped the team for Oklahoma, then said he was making sure all of his credits transferred back to PSU so he could graduate from there, the school he was most proud of, will probably show up on an election ballot someday.

I applaud the guys who stayed with Penn State and faced a rough season without a light at the end of the tunnel and who are miles ahead of the horse chestnuts (called buckeyes in Ohio) who went searching for the brightest light and screwed that up.

Thanks for the avi, which I'm taking to mean that I'm as good as anyone currently on the roster.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would look to my favorite building on campus and be reminded of just how obnoxious people from Ohio can be.

Pah!! Humbug! It prolly won all sorts of design awards. Ohio rocks!

And besides, with all that protective gear your gridiron footballers wear it's not surprising that my hubby (an ex-rugby player) calls it 'Rugby for sissies.'

This is how it's done, boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twb37gBGehM

Watch and weep.

:roll:

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
.. but when I learned to play Rugby while I was in college, the Aussie intsructor we had always complained that Americans who had played football hit too hard.

I ended up with a torn ACL, so maybe he was right.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.