S.T. Literary Agency / Stylus Literary Agency

JustinoIV

agents

Another good source of agents is www.wga.org (the Writers Guild) The Agencies in California tend to rep screenwriters, while the agencies in NY tend to focus more on novelists (though some rep playrights and screenwriters).

So just contact the NY agencies, their the best for publishing.

phoenixstarr512

Re: S.T. Literary Agency

:rollin sorry to confuse you that scandanavian thing is my siggy it's from the movie signs. Thanks for the info, I only wish I'd seen this site before the 129.00:lol

HapiSofi

Thank you, Shiva.

If Robert Fletcher's been convicted of securities fraud, moved from that to working with the thoroughly bad guys at Sydra Technique/ST Literary, and has shown a long-term pattern of lying about things like his nonexistent degree in chemical engineering from LSU, I have to think that what we're looking at is a career con man.

That's too bad. Those guys are conscienceless predators. But it does have one upside: If things get too unpleasant or unprofitable for him in the scam agenting racket, he'll move on to some other crime of persuasion -- mulcting seniors of their retirement money, perhaps, or running business blowouts, or devising some new ponzi or pyramid scheme.

So many of these fraudulent agents only know the one scam. Look at the histories of Edit Ink, or Deering/Sovereign/Daniel Craig, or Janet Kay and George Titsworth. Those guys are like something out of Night of the Living Dead. They can be repeatedly exposed and busted, and have their credibility hanging off them in rotting shreds, but they'll still keep pulling themselves together and running the fake agent scam because it's all they know how to do. Some of them haven't had an honest job in decades.

If I were running the universe -- which, unaccountably, it appears that I am not -- I'd strongly encourage judges to not only bust these people, but make any clemency or probation contingent upon their getting some serious training followed by a supervised internship in some useful, productive, and legitimate occupation.

JustinoIV

career criminals

"If I were running the universe -- which, unaccountably, it appears that I am not -- I'd strongly encourage judges to not only bust these people, but make any clemency or probation contingent upon their getting some serious training followed by a supervised internship in some useful, productive, and legitimate occupation."

The thing is, who would actually hire some of these people? With records like these? Some of these con artists have issues that they should work out in a mental hospital. Others will get themselves in trouble so many times that one judge will throw the book at them. And then they will be locked up until it is time for them to move into a senior citizen home.

vstrauss

Um. I'm not any more impressed by the rantings of an anonymous anti-scamster than I am by the rantings of a pseudonymous pro-scamster. It's easy to cast aspersions if you don't attach a name to them (yours). Fess up to who you really are, Shiva, and how you know all this stuff, and I'll be willing to take you seriously.

- Victoria

James D Macdonald

"What a web of lies we weave - when one chooses to deceive."

The correct quote is "Oh what a tangled web we weave/ When first we practice to deceive!"

It's from Marmion by Sir Walter Scott.

Also from Marmion, and curiously apropos:

<blockquote>

Vengeance to God alone belongs;
But when I think on all my wrongs,
My blood is liquid flame!
And ne'er the time shall I forget,
When, in a Scottish hostel set,
Dark looks we did exchange:
What were his thoughts I cannot tell;
But in my bosom mustered Hell
Its plans of dark revenge.

</blockquote>

Shiva, dude, forget spamming writers' boards with your diatribes. You want action? Hire a lawyer. Take your receipts and sue the man. Who knows? Maybe a class-action suit would stir up some stuff. I'm not a lawyer; ask someone who is. Meanwhile, this ranting and raving on messageboards all over the place is a losing proposition -- for you. The first notice Fletcher gets that you're after him should be when the process server shows up at his door.

candnvent

St Literary

It may be rantings of a very frustrated author/artist, but better to rant here and get it out of his system However, there is truth behind his message. Shiva provides the link to the Cease & Desest Order filed by the State of Washington. Take a look. The Expo he speaks of is announced on the ST site, take a look. They provide the website of the Expo. There you will find the names and contacts who are in charge of the Expo.

So Shiva rant away and get it out. That way when you do seek a lawyer you will be able to present yourself in a calm and professional manner.

By the way, the address ST provided, 669 SW 8th Terrace, Boca Raton is a RESIDENCE I was there on business in the Fall and did a drive by. A woman was watering her lawn.

candnvent

ST Literary

Oops, make that address 699 SW 8th Terrace. And it is still a residence

Shiva the Destroying Angel

ST Literary

Thank you very much James, I stand corrected on my wanton misuse of poetical phrases; my humble apologies to you.
Victoria - I don't need to cast aspersions, I have FACTS, simply follow the posted link, or drop me a line - [email protected].:D
Further, what person in their right mind would file briefs against anyone for the paltry sum of $300 or so?

Best Regards,

Shiva

JustinoIV

this forum

Only a limited number of people will read this and similiar forums.

If you have truly been defrauded by these people, then you need to file your complaints to the authorities. They may even ask you for proof of payment and any contracts. Save all emails and forward to to the appropriate people.

We all know S.T. are crooks. No one here is law enforcement, so spending a lot of time "exposing" doesn't do much to stop him.

James D Macdonald

Re: ST Literary

...exposing ST Literary for what they are - absolute FRAUDS.

We were years ahead of you, dude. You know what, though? I don't have any standing to bring legal action against this guy. You might. Interstate telephone and mail? Federal raps? RICO? Maybe your $300 isn't enough to interest you, but how about getting a class-action suit going, with all the hundreds of others that ST has defrauded? This guy has boasted about making hundreds of thousands a year through ST Literary. How about restitution for all of those authors, punitive measures, fines, jail time for Fletcher? You're the one who has that in your hands. Me, all I can do is expose 'em. You're situated to stop him.

Shiva the Destroying Angel

ST Literary

James - a brilliant idea; you have a point, and the wife agrees with you.
A class action against Fletcher and Sydra is indeed possible, e.g., mail fraud, racketeering, interstate commerce violations, et cetera. I will look into it, not for my paltry loss, but for the grievous losses of others.
Thank you very much for the suggestion, I was so busy entertaining myself with this foolishness it hadn't occurred to me.
Hey - I'm only human.
Wish me luck.

Best Regards to you,

Shiva

HapiSofi

Re: Re: ST Literary

Perhaps this is irresponsible of me, but I can't think that making life miserable for Richard Fletcher and the rest of the Sydra Technique/S.T. Agency people is a bad idea. So many authors subside in quiet despair when they realize they've been scammed, and the rest all seem to decide to take the high road. Why shouldn't one writer play Mad Ahab and go after the scammers' unsecured ports? It forces them to worry about and defend themselves from a much greater variety of possible attacks.

Authors aren't naturally talented at spotting scams, but they're really, really good at thinking up novel responses to what had previously been assumed to be simple transactions. It seems a shame not to encourage them to make use of that.

candnvent

Make a Difference

My philosophy is, if you can make a difference only if you are one individual, do it!

"If you build it, they will come"

Good Luck, Shiva

Chris

vstrauss

>>Why shouldn't one writer play Mad Ahab and go after the scammers' unsecured ports?<<

If we're going to jump all over poor ol' anonymous Newsflash for saying crazy things that sound pro-scammish, I don't think it's right to accept at face value an equally off-the-wall anonymous anti-scam poster, just because he/she/it agrees with our opinions (and, it has to be said, our knowledge of this particular very scummy agency). I'm just trying to be consistent.

- Victoria

James D Macdonald

Why shouldn't one writer play Mad Ahab and go after the scammers' unsecured ports?

This is a very bad idea; it would leave the writer open to federal hacking charges of his own, it would make the villain into a damaged party, it would dilute, and possibly derail someone else's lawsuit against that scammer. If one is planning to sue some villain, one needs to make sure one's own hands are clean.

I know that thinking about such things is tempting. Doing it would be ... not very wise. Doing it then boasting about it in public would be ... unwise indeed.

DaveKuzminski

Let's not forget that this type of thinking is typified by what Hollywood and the record industry wanted the power to do recently. They wanted the right to strike out at anyone stealing their products with a computer. We could be looking at a lot of "old West" justice if this kind of thinking becomes accepted. I think it's the wrong way to go because too many people shoot from the hip at the slightest provocation without giving sufficient thought to their actions.

legendone

;) Not if he speaks only the truth and is able to produce evidence of that truth James.;)

HapiSofi

Eh, Jim, you and Victoria are right. Someday I'll learn to realize earlier than I do now that when I find myself saying "This may be irresponsible of me," my suspicions are always well-founded.

solutionrs

Jill Mast ST Literary Agency

Could anyone offer any info on this?

I recently rec'd this from

Jill Mast
ST Literary Agency

ST Literary Agency has performed a top-level review of your submittal package and we believe that you have potential. However we are very particular about the authors that we choose to work with. As success in this ultra-competitive business requires the "whole package" we would like to know more about you, and about the history of your work, before we take the next step.

Below is our PreContract Author Intake Form (AIF). Would you please take a minute and fill it out?

Thank you again for your time. As always, we congratulate you on your achievements thus far, and we encourage you to continue to follow your dreams.

Best regards,
The New Author Group
ST Literary Agency
:clover

emeraldcite

Re: Jill Mast ST Literary Agency

did you read the topic named ST Literary Agency listed a few topics down from here?