The Avengers

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
It's because he's a fantastic actor. The fact, as I said above, that he can somehow underplay Loki is fantastic. Plus it's clear he is having a ball. I've had a crush since THOR, but it was his few moments in WAR HORSE that solidified it for me - again subtle and interesting. And so compelling.

Also, he's not so bad lookin' himself :) .
Good news: He's coming back in Thor 2. Count me as a Loki fan as well. :D

Saw this movie over the weekend and loved it. Great way to kick off the summer flicks.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Smiley - He was captain nichols, the guy who first takes the horse to war. The one who is also the artist and draws the horse. :)

Ah thanks, Toothpaste. So he tends to play memorable characters :D I was going to say - the artist/Captain guy in WAR HORSE was pretty hot ;)

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
And

Just saw it...awesome!

Hawkeye is teh bomb. No way around it. And the acting really was superb, all the way around. I think Hemsworth carries himself just right for Thor. And the Hulk-Thor scenes were priceless, imo.

Also, I have it bad for Agent Maria Hill...

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Honestly, I'm not remotely interested in going to a theater to see this movie. I'm just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired of movies structured around loud flashy special effects and simplistic plots populated by stereotypes.

caw
You should probably skip this and go see Battleship.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Well, then. I guess I will be seeing Thor 2. I wasn't super impressed with the first movie, but now I'm a bit more, ahem, invested.
Same here. The best parts of Thor were the Loki scenes, which I think is why they're bringing him back. You can't have Thor without Loki, kind of like you can't have Batman without the Joker.

Magnas

Really Devious
Registered
Reaction score
I took my sister to see the Avengers. We kept track of how many times Loki wound up on his back. It was pretty amusing.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
One thing The Avengers movie was sadly lacking, however? Shirtless Thor scenes.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not remotely interested in going to a theater to see this movie. I'm just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tired of movies structured around loud flashy special effects and simplistic plots populated by stereotypes.

caw

Ah, you've seen Transformers, then? :p

You should give the Avengers a chance. It's the first time in decades that I went to the theater to see the same movie twice with the same girl (because she insisted, and I'm the geek). The characters are deeper than many in oscar movies, and the storyboard is among the best I've seen.

Best of all, this superhero movie doesn't take itself as seriously as... say, Batman or even Transformers. They know that they're kind of ridiculous, and they love every moment of it.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
After his "battle" with Hulk, I expected Loki to lit a cigarette or something. He had just the expression. If you know what I mean.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
After his "battle" with Hulk, I expected Loki to lit a cigarette or something. He had just the expression. If you know what I mean.
As much as I loved Loki, that scene was the highlight of the whole damned movie. :ROFL:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
As much as I loved Loki, that scene was the highlight of the whole damned movie. :ROFL:

As my wizard said over at hard hobbit to break: "Why do they hate the Norse wizard so much?"

2012-05-07-Cosplay.png

rachelle elisabeth

Registered
Reaction score
Website
rachelleelisabeth.tumblr.com
I honestly thought it was just okay. I've been looking forward to this movie for a while, especially after adoring the Captain America movie, and I just felt disappointed. I don't know if I just had my expectations too high or what. I found the humour all really forced and like they tried to hard to make an action movie a comedy. I d'know though, I enjoyed it overall though. And yes, so many good looking people in that movie I didn't know what to do with myself.