Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Me - I am just waiting to hear the results of the second round of cuts on the SpecFic Anthology... *sigh*

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
I always want a vacation. Though if I truly want a vacation, I need to find a sitter for my kids. I don't think moms ever actually get vacations. Exhausting.

How's everyone doing today? We've got some cold and rainy weather here today. My kids might go nuts not being able to go outside. I think winter is going to be tough this year.

MadSquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
Website
meganayscue.blogspot.com
Ugh, the high on Thursday here is 90 and on Friday 63. I might go crazy with the temperature difference. My bad knee certainly will. I'm 24 and already have arthritis because of sports, gah.

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm struggling to make time for my WIP. Today I worked until 8:45pm. By the time I started dinner and laundry my brain was fried. Now it's time for bed, but I have so much to do at work tomorrow I can't afford to stay up (or sleep in)!

At least I'm traveling again next week... I miss being away from home and my husband when I'm gone, but Boston is a great place to write and I should have normal working hours for a stint. Maybe I'll even find some new inspirations there. :)

cryaegm

Snakecakes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
enigmainklings.blogspot.com
I bought some books and manga today from Borders before they close (close tomorrow), well over $400 worth. Got all of them for $44.13, too. :D

I'm thinking about starting with Prey by Lurlene McDaniel or Thirsty and Tandem by Tracey Bateman. :tongue Or I could go ahead and read Across the Universe. Decisions, decisions.

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
Cool cscarlet

I've been traveling not away from YA but more towards my blogging lately. It's a different kind of writing, but I really love it and put a lot of energy into it. I don't know how much longer I should hang out in this group, especially since lately I am writing more poetry and short stories.

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
I bought some books and manga today from Borders before they close (close tomorrow), well over $400 worth. Got all of them for $44.13, too. :D

I'm thinking about starting with Prey by Lurlene McDaniel or Thirsty and Tandem by Tracey Bateman. :tongue Or I could go ahead and read Across the Universe. Decisions, decisions.

Niiiiice! :) I haven't read any of those yet. Let us know how you like them!

cscarlet

AW = Procrastination.
Registered
Reaction score
Cool cscarlet

I've been traveling not away from YA but more towards my blogging lately. It's a different kind of writing, but I really love it and put a lot of energy into it. I don't know how much longer I should hang out in this group, especially since lately I am writing more poetry and short stories.

*cries!*

Don't leave us! You can write poetry and short stories with a YA voice, methinks. ;)

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
Haha, but I usually don't. Usually they're much more adult with older characters.

cryaegm, have you read Lurlene McDaniel before? I own that book but haven't read it - she's a favorite author of mine.

cryaegm

Snakecakes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
enigmainklings.blogspot.com
Haha, but I usually don't. Usually they're much more adult with older characters.

cryaegm, have you read Lurlene McDaniel before? I own that book but haven't read it - she's a favorite author of mine.
Actually, I don't think I have. I never really heard of her until I found her book today. If I like this one, I think I will check more of her books. I figured I get Prey because it's not necessarily the kind of book I'd be into with the teacher/student relationship thing.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Saturday - and I am waiting for result on my sub to the SpecFic.

If I get an email today, I'm out of the running, because they are only sending out rejections today ...

Praying for an empty inbox all day long!

Trw78Writes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
collegelackey.com
New Here

I am ancient, old, dusty, etc and I am trying to write a YA novel that I am not *sure* is really YA. The protags are teens, the narrator is an adult barely out of her teens. The setting (year) is when I was a teen which is 95, 96ish. There is language and...and...I'm really not sure what to call it. It's all semantics, so that pubs know where to put you on a shelf. Is there such a thing as Contemporary Historical YA? Or Literary Historical Contemporary YA? Oh my GOD this sucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.