Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Damn it! I finally had a breakthrough on a script I had been soooo stuck on. But today I can't write, I have to mix audio, because I'm miles behind. Mixing is an all day job.

The sacrifices I make....

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina! Got a good night's sleep so I'm feeling alive again. I'm going out with my friend today, but I'm hoping to finish up my chapter.

Warm Bodies? I don't think it's a spoof per se, but it looks like the only z-word movie I'd try to watch :)
Same here. They actually gave it a decent rating (3 out of 4 stars) in the paper.

GOOD LUCK FEN AND WARHORSE!
:hooray:

We expect a report when you come back! :D
Go Fen go! :hooray:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I hope Fen is doing ok.

ION, new technology is nice, but I have to use old, slightly crummy technology to load it up. Not so good.

Please pass the coffee pot.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks! About 5 inches of snow, more falling as we speak. The circuitry in my apartment picked this day to go weird so that I have power to 2 pairs of electrical outlets and not the other 4 pairs, my stove functions but my fridge does not, and all my lights refuse to turn on except the bathroom light, so I had to come out to email the landlady. As soon as I get home will have to cook everything in my freezer before it can go bad, and find some fellow human carnivores to help me eat it. Half my close friends are vegetarians... :dire:

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
As soon as I get home will have to cook everything in my freezer before it can go bad, and find some fellow human carnivores to help me eat it. Half my close friends are vegetarians... :dire:
How long does it take to mail things from Canada to England? And how long do cooked meat products last before they become unfit for human consumption?

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my sister's in the hospital with pneumonia and I feel I have a touch of it, or more than a touch. This all came about as flu symptoms and progressed from there.

Ooooh... Pneumonia hurts, many hugs and immune-boosting smibbles to you and your sister.

Damn it, Fen! I had never heard of Honest Movie Trailers until you mentioned it! now i can't escape!!!!

Wait... You mean you don't remember a few months back when someone linked in here to the Honest Trailer of the Avengers movie? I swear I recall you saying you LMAO'd at it...

In my defense, I have a temperature, and the painkillers are doing very strange things to me. Case in point - I slept for just over fourteen hours, so... Yeah.

*waggles stern finger* You are not allowed to get sick!

:Hug2:

How long does it take to mail things from Canada to England? And how long do cooked meat products last before they become unfit for human consumption?

Hmmm... I don't know the exact answer the either of those questions, but there's only one way to find out! :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers folks :)

Looks like we got two thirds. More later.

GOOD LUCK FEN AND WARHORSE!
:hooray:

We expect a report when you come back! :D

I r reporting from the showgrounds. Warhorse is grazing happily. :)

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't know the exact answer the either of those questions, but there's only one way to find out! :D
Then send it on over! :D

ION: I'm trying to figure out a way to justify magic (or something like it) existing in what is otherwise a fairly realistically-presented science fiction story. I'm leaning towards playing the 'advanced technology just looks like magic if people don't understand it' card by having said magic actually just be the result of super-advanced technology from either an ancient race or one that just doesn't exist in the known universe any more.

But still, I am unsure...

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
So, um, last night a close friend of mine confided some self-doubts and shizz in me, and I just put an arm around her and was like, "Nuh-uh, you are awesome and there's nothing morally wrong with you" in person, but then today since I was already here I sent her like a three-paragraph email detailing exactly how she is awesome and there's nothing wrong with her. Now I'm SUPER-NERVOUS, because ohgodsohgodsohgods emotional intimacy aaaaah! and like half-afraid that I've inadvertently made her feel worse or somehow undermined our friendship or something, because I am super-awkward and verbose and neurotic. :chair

I mean, not that I expect you guys to be able to magically make me not-awkward or anything, I just did not want to have to try to keep how nervous I am to myself so I spilled. No worries, guys, I'm okay. And last time I did this and was also nervous as hell, the same friend was just like "Awww! I'm glad I have a friend like you!" and it was all good and super-okay and I think it actually did bring us closer, so I know I'm just being a goofbag, and um, I figured it would be safe to be a goofbag in here.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
ION: I'm trying to figure out a way to justify magic (or something like it) existing in what is otherwise a fairly realistically-presented science fiction story. I'm leaning towards playing the 'advanced technology just looks like magic if people don't understand it' card by having said magic actually just be the result of super-advanced technology from either an ancient race or one that just doesn't exist in the known universe any more.

But still, I am unsure...

Does said advanced species even need to not exist anymore? They could just be so advanced that nobody else has yet been able to interact with them much because the understanding gap is so wide.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Does said advanced species even need to not exist anymore? They could just be so advanced that nobody else has yet been able to interact with them much because the understanding gap is so wide.
Well my villain (or at least one of them, really) needs to know they exist, considering him being in contact with them is largely what causes the MC's primarily motivation.

Beyond that, the sky's the limit with the specifics.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
There ya go! So, assuming the villain wasn't chosen by these super-advanced folks as a model member of the various less-advanced species, the founding block of any justifications seems to be how he is in contact with them. Once you have that, they can exist or not exist, or anything, as long as they have magic-that-isn't-magic.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back from my day out. Stuffed from lunch, but it was oh so good. Now I must write. This chapter needs to be finished.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
taking a break from mixing to bake a dump cake. Food is good. Cake is better.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Ack - conflated the two in my brain.

In my defense, I have a temperature, and the painkillers are doing very strange things to me. Case in point - I slept for just over fourteen hours, so... Yeah.

:( Get better soon

Ack. Now I want cake.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Chapter is finally complete. And I love how it ended. Totally unexpected. :D

Now on to some editing before I submit it to the writers group.

What exactly is in a dump cake?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
What exactly is in a dump cake?

Start with an oblong cake pan. Pour in two cans of pineapple chunks, with the juice. Pour in one to two cans of cherry pie filling. Pour in one box of yellow cake mix, DRY. Top with two sticks of sweet cream butter, cut into slices and spread over the top of the dry cake mix. Bake at 350F for one hour, or until top is golden brown and crumbly.

Allow to cool for at least an hour before trying to eat; it's like napalm otherwise.

One of my friends does a variant with spice cake mix and two cans of apple pie filling. I like it, but I prefer the cherry.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Is it called a dump cake because you just dump everything in in layers then bake it?

Exactly.

Had myself two goes at the cake. It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever: butter and sugar and it's just so bad for me.

But it's sooooo gooooood!

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly.

Had myself two goes at the cake. It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever: butter and sugar and it's just so bad for me.

I'd consider "sooooo gooooood" to be a definite redeeming quality.

But I think I'll stick with my devil's food. =^_^=

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
For Fatihah:

395645_480704145324618_1854964697_n.jpg

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly.

Everything that tastes good is bad for you, just like the amazing bacon cheeseburger I ate today. That's the unfortunate way of the world.

ION: I'm almost done with edits. But I've gotta go to bed. And my back is starting to really hurt from sitting too long.

Goodnight Cantina!

Status
Not open for further replies.