Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
may: yes, I believe it does. Shoot me an email (alow33c3y at roadrunn3r dot com <--replace all the usual stuff) and let me know what kind of story it is and what markets you're looking for.

Off to get my dose of mouse venom. I want to draw whiskers on my cheeks with eyebrow pencil tomorrow and see if anyone notices. :tongue This constant pain is getting really old. If I had to grip a pen to write, I'd be screwed.

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya purgies! I'm horribly behind in here! Hugs and kisses to all!

(((Lily))) so sorry for your pain.:( hope you get some relief.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Off to get my dose of mouse venom. I want to draw whiskers on my cheeks with eyebrow pencil tomorrow and see if anyone notices. :tongue This constant pain is getting really old. If I had to grip a pen to write, I'd be screwed.
Aww, pain sucks. Yeah, you can quote me on that. I'm really going out on a limb there.

What sucks more, though, is when you paint fine whiskers on your cheeks and nobody says anything, but as you're leaving you overhear them promising each other that when they reach that stage of life, they will tell one another when they need to pluck that unwanted facial hair.

Maryn, who has one wild hair on her shoulder, gross!

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
Win! This begs the question...what superpowers will you have?

I would definitely have to be indestructible. Otherwise pretty much every other superpower would kill me. I'm not that coordinated. So, if I could fly, I'd probably get tangled in electrical wires. With superspeed, I'd probably run into a building or off a cliff before I could stop. Teleportation - I'd probably accidentally end up at the bottom of the ocean or in outer space. Telekinesis - I'd probably drop a piano on myself. And who knows the damage I could do with heat vision or superstrength.

Hmmm, maybe better not to be a superhero.

That said, if I did become a superhero, I probably wouldn't have a choice as to my powers ('cause which superheroes really pick their own powers), and I'd be someone like Ant Man and spend all day trying not to get stepped on by the Hulk.

Not that I've spent much time thinking about this or anything. Nope, not me.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
I just watched Lwalker's news clip! Like TEE VEE. Wow, girl, you handled yourself amazingly. I think I would have tripped all over my tongue and just died on set. May you reap mega-sales numbers from the exposure. :)

Well, thanks, honey! :) I was SO NERVOUS. Glad it didn't come across to y'all. Morgan could tell. He said "Hey, the cameras are going to move around and do their thing, but don't worry about them. You just talk to me. You'll do fine."

Hubs said I didn't talk too fast and I didn't say "um" too much, so yay!

Hopefully at least some people who never would have heard of me have seen the book now. :)

If anyone else wants to see me and my 6,000 chins (I REALLY need to remember to NOT pull my head back as I talk next time) it's here.

10 weeks from today, my book releases. Look at blog tour companies. Has anyone used them and do you feel they are worthwhile?

I still don't have the artwork for my book trailer and I'm panicking on that.

I also don't have the rest of my website, but that is being worked on, so I"m not panicking on that one.

My town I live in release party and such planned. The Vegas one I'm still working on. Why aren't these people in their offices?

You're doing great! Just breathe. :)

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Well, thanks, honey! :) I was SO NERVOUS. Glad it didn't come across to y'all. Morgan could tell. He said "Hey, the cameras are going to move around and do their thing, but don't worry about them. You just talk to me. You'll do fine."

At one point your voice shook a little and I was like, aha, I bet she's really super nervous. But it was a good nervous, like oh man I'm so excited all this is happening!

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
At one point your voice shook a little and I was like, aha, I bet she's really super nervous. But it was a good nervous, like oh man I'm so excited all this is happening!

Exactly! It's like walking around in a dream. I'm just trying very hard to not screw up. ;)

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
You did great, LynDee! First of many tv spots, I'm sure.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, I'm looking at this company who some authors at my publisher have had good success with. If anyone knows any negatives, could you please let me know?

The artwork for the trailer is coming in and I'm breathing a bit easier.

If any Purgies host authors on their blogs and care to let me be on theirs, just let me know. Also if any published authors want to be on my blog, it's actually getting traffic now. :) I have several of you who have been on and greatly appreciate you.

The podcast now has a waiting list going into September. Seriously. Thanks to Blond, LW and soon OL for being some of my first guests.

I'm still tired from excessive partying this weekend in So Cal, but it was totally worth it!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Dragon - Well, the price seems right! :) Honestly I think that's a good deal for not having to go out and dig up your own contacts. I dunno about the "twitter party" and other extras though.

Remember how I was opining about being unable to get the "ideal" burrito anywhere but my hometown? I looked into it. Apparently the chef/owner that's been at my favorite place since 2003 is Oaxacan, and he cooks all his childhood favorites. I dunno if that particularly extends to plain old burritos, but they use chile salt with ground up grasshoppers. I'm not sure how I feel about this. :)

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
The podcast now has a waiting list going into September. Seriously. Thanks to Blond, LW and soon OL for being some of my first guests.

Thanks for having me! It was fun, and it's a great show! :D

You did great, LynDee! First of many tv spots, I'm sure.

Thanks! First of 2, anyhow. Morgan invited me to come back and talk about BL in October. :)

Remember how I was opining about being unable to get the "ideal" burrito anywhere but my hometown? I looked into it. Apparently the chef/owner that's been at my favorite place since 2003 is Oaxacan, and he cooks all his childhood favorites. I dunno if that particularly extends to plain old burritos, but they use chile salt with ground up grasshoppers. I'm not sure how I feel about this. :)

Grasshoppers?! Hmmmm. I am not an exotic-food girl. But I could be missing out. ;)

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
Lyndee you sounded and looked great! Did you know the q's in advance? You answered flawlessly. Nice job! Also, your accent is cute.:)

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Off to get my dose of mouse venom. I want to draw whiskers on my cheeks with eyebrow pencil tomorrow and see if anyone notices. .

I'm still hoping for mousy senses to kick in.

Gave blood for the first time today... Well at least for a blood drive. Given lots of blood over the years for medical testing... Anyway Was sitting up and I started shifting and the lady monitoring me was like "oh don't do that." She paused and was like "How are you feeling?" and I said "well. very nauseous at the moment" So she got some of the other ladies and they helped me lay down and immediately the nausea went away. Having never experienced that before I became very curious and asked why. She didn't know so she grabbed someone else who explained to me. So then I asked other questions and before I knew what was going on I had four of them around me answering my barrage of questions because I asked "interesting questions"

Last edited:

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening all!

YAY For giving blood.

UUGGGGHHH it's sssssooo cold and windy :(

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Sounds like you might be a writer, Caleb. ;) (I did the same thing when I was in the ER. Five minutes after I thought I was dying, I'm all, what's that for? How about that?)

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jo that's awesome... I also scared the lady that stuck me.... She asked me "Are you going to watch?" and I said "No" and she said "I understand. A lot of people don't" and I said "Well... It's probably not for the same reason as others. You see. I have a really strong self preservation instinct and if I watch you try to stab me I might try to break your hand. It almost happened once."

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
This may have been my last dose of mouse venom! The FDA finally approved a pill for RA! Same Gawdawful side effects, but just two pills a day! We've petitioned the insurance company, which should be okay since the mouse venom is simply not working like it should (because I can't tolerate methotrexate and mouse venom is designed to work with that nasty little drug). This new pill is so new, I'll be only the dr.'s 5th patient to try it. And trust me when I say I'd do anything, even swallow unicorn blood at this point.

Here's hoping!

Oh, I also got the 6-day mega steroid hit which I start tomorrow. i realized I had to when I seriously considered not putting on socks today because it hurt too much. Bah. Getting old and diseased SUCKS.

Enough about me. Yay, LynDee for a great TV appearance! *hugs* all around. I'm making lava cakes. Belly up to the bar, Purgs!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, poor Lily. I'm so sorry when "my" people are hurting.

Maryn, scared to hug you

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Just got the text that they've preemptively cancelled kiddo's school for tomorrow.

Hunker down folks, there's gonna be a big'un!

#Snowpocalypse

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Evening Purgies!

LynDee - Awesome interview!

Off to get my dose of mouse venom. I want to draw whiskers on my cheeks with eyebrow pencil tomorrow and see if anyone notices.
You'll need to check the mirror in the morning. My daughter got a shot of the mouse venom and she woke up looking like this.

CourtneyCatPhoto.jpg

(Just kidding. That's one of my favorite pics of Kiddo #3.)

stay safe for those who are affected
by the snow storm!!
+1!

Today turned out to be a productive, if not tedious day. I transferred all my contacts from my Gov't Blackberry to my personal address book. My Blackberry is encrypted so I can't sync it to the computer, so I had to enter over 500 contacts by hand. I probably won't meet most of these folks again, now that I've left that job, but I figure they might buy my book next year if I ask them.

Rick, 500 Shades of Shallow.

Now - off to finish reading Red's book.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Tas, stay safe!

Lil, thanks! And boooo, pain.

Rick and Jen, thanks!

Jenn, I did not. He did not! We just winged it. ;)

Amarie, hope you get some sleep.

Blondie, the ARCs are so pretty!

Rick, hey, 500 books is 500 books. Well worth it. Also, your tidbits I the govt secrecy thing are always interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.