Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Black-Marlin. :welcome:

That stinks, Fen. Definitely sounds like you need a more bird-friendly or generally dedicated vet. Hope you get good news. :)

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Fen :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2:

Now for random writing-based, small good news: I'm finished with the first part of my short story/novelette (we'll see how long it ends up being). This bit was only supposed to be roughly 1,500 words but it ended up being 2,151.

Oh well. It was supposed to end on a twist/cliffhanger and it did that, so I'm not too bothered. I'm actually moderately happy with it, overall. There are some small bits I'm already not too fond of, but for now... I'm okay with it. :D

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
*huggles Fen*

I've been sick with a cold and really just want to curl up and sleep... but every few minutes I wake up because I can't breathe through my nose and I have an irrational fear of things entering my mouth (spiders, bugs, random aliens) when I sleep with it open so I always naturally cover my mouth with a blanket.

Why do colds have to be so annoying? I'd rather have something worse... like a haunted leg. At least a haunted leg deserves being frustrated and losing sleep over.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
About the gentleman taking me to the show... we were undergrads at the same time and in the same fraternity*. He went off and got a PhD, but came back to the area for work.

While we don't have the *same* set of friends, our circles intersect quite a bit and I kept running into him at events and parties and stuff.

He's nice-looking, yes. :)

*We were both brothers of Alpha Phi Omega, the national co-ed service fraternity.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Words were had Cantina! Nearly 900!!!! :snoopy: I would have written even more but I had to make dinner.

I'm working on my Contemporary Fantasy right now. This is the only one I current have an outline for and I must say that it helps immensely. Knowing where the chapter is going helps the words to flow more easily.

I feel like there are those writers who can tell a story, but have little flair for prose ....
I throw myself into that category. Although I'm a little better Meyers and James, I just don't have that fanciness I see in a lot of fantasy novels. My prose is a little more casual. But since I'm writing UF and CF, I think it's okay.

Evening all. I've been lurking awhiles, checking out the Cantina crowd (Cylons in the far corner, I'm watching you) and now I think I'll pull up a bar stool and ask for a shot of that Ol' Janx Spirit (leave the bottle, barkeep, leave the bottle).
:welcome:

Pass it this way. I'll make Colcannon.
*gives Cameo the entire patch*

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
About the gentleman taking me to the show... we were undergrads at the same time and in the same fraternity*. He went off and got a PhD, but came back to the area for work.

While we don't have the *same* set of friends, our circles intersect quite a bit and I kept running into him at events and parties and stuff.

*We were both brothers of Alpha Phi Omega, the national co-ed service fraternity.
Get in love. :D Having smart, sexy men asking you out to musicals... I want your life! Minus the "being female" bit, though. :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gina, you had a date? Details ;)

Blueberry is not only cute, but handsome. He know 'Hi Blueberry' 'Give me kiss (followed by kissy noises. Very excited kissy noises)' 'Pretty bird/Blueberry' etc. he mimics a whistle I do. He used to mimic the songbirds for each area we moved to (St Kitts, OK, and DE). Now he does general bird song.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I need to announce more happy news.
Sorry to hear about that crappy vet experience. That has to be really disheartening. You're expecting someone to be an expert and they're entirely incompetent. :Hug2: for you and Blueberry (cute name BTW).

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. His original owner, who I never met, named him. I sometimes call him Neville Bluebottom, though he's nothing like Neville :)

Black-Marlin

Avoiding cliches like the plague
Registered
Reaction score
Website
starlingford.wordpress.com
Hi LadyV and Hillary; thank you for the welcome. I am trying to be ruly and reputable (as opposed to un- and dis-, but you know, Janx Spirits...). Not least because I wanted to extend sympathies to Fen and Blueberry. It sucks to have a vet who doesn't seem to be on board with your concerns - I hope you find one more willing to get involved.

BM

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Star Trek: TNG, Farscape, or Babylon 5? Hmm...

I love B5, but I'll admit that it takes a bit to get into. But it's sooooooooooo worth it, if for nothing else than the payout when you get to War Without End Pt. 1 & 2. OMG.

And for Jason Carter as Marcus Cole. :e2brows:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I love B5, but I'll admit that it takes a bit to get into. But it's sooooooooooo worth it, if for nothing else than the payout when you get to War Without End Pt. 1 & 2. OMG.

And for Jason Carter as Marcus Cole. :e2brows:

QFT!!!!

(there's room for him in the EZ Freeze, right?)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's tomorrow. :)

Well I demand details tomorrow then.

Hi LadyV and Hillary; thank you for the welcome. I am trying to be ruly and reputable (as opposed to un- and dis-, but you know, Janx Spirits...). Not least because I wanted to extend sympathies to Fen and Blueberry. It sucks to have a vet who doesn't seem to be on board with your concerns - I hope you find one more willing to get involved.

BM

Welcome and cheers. Have you gotten a magic glass yet?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Well maybe I officially belong in here since I'm writing the sequel to my supposed SF series. My publisher, I've got to love him, with his inspiring, begging, suggesting, hoping, asking, recommending and just praying that I would do a follow up to Planet Janitor. I mean, it's done okay, but he just loves the whole concept, characters and that out-in-space feel of the whole thing. So, I'm 50 pages into it, and he wants me to send him every ten pages in installments. I've already gone through a substantial rewrite of chapter three and four. Guh. But it's awesome having a publisher as a serious, intense writing buddy. And his ideas are so accurate and dead on that I fear I wouldn't or couldn't do this without him.

tri;)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
:hi: Tri. Pull up a chair. Have a magic glass. Do watch out for the Kracken and the Raptors...

There's a map of the Cantina Pirate Ship Treehouse at the end of the Universe somewhere around here...

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Yay, RA, for words!

My goals tonight include: words (!) and reading friend's new words to help point her in a direction with them. So, overall, A Very Writer Tuesday.

Why do colds have to be so annoying? I'd rather have something worse... like a haunted leg. At least a haunted leg deserves being frustrated and losing sleep over.

:dire:Now I'm going to be worried about a haunted leg.

However, I would have to agree, I often would pick something more severe that didn't last as long over a cold. I think that's the worst part, is often you get better enough that you can do things...and that makes it worse. I hope you feel better soon.

SCORE!

I throw myself into that category. Although I'm a little better Meyers and James, I just don't have that fanciness I see in a lot of fantasy novels. My prose is a little more casual. But since I'm writing UF and CF, I think it's okay.

I don't think it's a bad category to be in (despite the authors previously referenced). There's a whole lot to be said for fun, can't-put-it-down books.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
*hides Jason Carter in a Ranger Uniform behind her* Uhh... NOPE. NO ROOM AT ALL in the EZ Freeze. Pay no attention to the Ranger behind the 'Gina.

Does he have the Mimbari pike? There's no point if he's not armed, babe! :e2brows:

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score

I don't know, I figure having a haunted leg would be kinda painful, and leave your leg all stiff lots of the time.

Google says this is probably a reference to something else but to hell with it I'm making an EarthBound joke

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Random question: Which do you think sounds better?

Modular Integrated Prosthesis (M.I.P)
Integrated Modular Prosthesis (I.M.P)

It's just a name for the sci-fi style prosthetic limbs in my science fiction story. I'm agonising over this incredibly minor detail, I know. But still...

Status
Not open for further replies.