Status
Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I was handing out hugs all around, but sorry I missed something there. Have another hug :Hug2:

Can I lend you one of these to relieve your frustration?

:e2chain:

No.

OK, how about one of these?

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Geeze, thanks for the show of support folks. :(

Back to frustrating reality.
Oh noes, what happened? I've missed a lot due to not back-reading. Do I need to crush your enemies beneath my mighty pink hooves? Say the word :Hug2:

Not only have I not learned a @!$%! thing, and had to sit once again through the professor reading his favorite sexually explicit poetry (like he does nearly every class) it's gone past convincing me I have absolutely no talent as a poet and now making me doubt if I'm any good as a writer at all.
Okay, well he just sounds SUPER-creepy and a total perv. I suggest you write an explicit poem about his minute genitals and watch him squirm.

ETA: If you figure out how to get the auto-bartender to punch itself in the head, please invite me, I want to watch.:popcorn:
Please do not abuse the iWench 2.0. She complains to me about it later and gets very upset. Robots have feelings too, people!

Meanwhile twitlike student sitting next to me could've easily composed his poem with a magnetic poetry kit after chugging a six-pack and apparently he's incredibly talented.
OOoooooh. So it is THAT kind of class. You know, blatantly sexist. Right. I seeeeee.

Morning folks. What did I miss?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was handing out hugs all around, but sorry I missed something there. Have another hug :Hug2:

Can I lend you one of these to relieve your frustration?

:e2chain:

No.

OK, how about one of these?

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hmm, I think I'll take the chainsaw. More versatile.

Oh noes, what happened? I've missed a lot due to not back-reading. Do I need to crush your enemies beneath my mighty pink hooves? Say the word :Hug2:

Can you stomp the stupid out of some people? If not, I'll settle for an assortment of gluten and corn free cupcakes.

Stupid people at work made more work for me. And during the second stupid fest, someone from one department comes up to me because someone in another department is sick. Um, tell their super? Your super? Wtf no my job why cant you ppl communicate?!? Two minutes later I go to tell the big supers something, and one was pissed because a sub-super had just been there and failed to pass on the bad news. I shrugged and walked off. After mentioning the sick employee.

All this could be laughable, but its just sad. After work I barely get to my lesson on time and it starts out okay but goes downhill. The horse also likes to play games sometimes rather than cooperate. So I'm trying really hard and the horse has checked out. I get pissed. Instructor misses point and says that horse is mirror of my riding (more or less). I KNOW that. But horse is also a bit of a shit. She ignores this and repeats mirror crap. I cant get horse to behave well enough to allow me to learn squat :gaah

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I cant get horse to behave well enough to allow me to learn squat :gaah
I really do sympathise. I know from when you've posted before that these lessons mean a lot to you so it must be incredibly frustrating that it's not going in the way that you'd hoped.

I hope you don't mind, I'd like to ask a question. I'm not expecting an answer, I just want to give your brain a way to work through it.

Given the situation you just outlined equine-wise. What could you do to change the situation in the future? Is there anything you could do at work or on the way to the lesson to help?

That's two questions, I never could count *Blows dust from maths degree*

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Can you stomp the stupid out of some people? If not, I'll settle for an assortment of gluten and corn free cupcakes.
*deploys attack pinatas*

That should beat some sensible into a few people!

*hands over delicious cupcakey goodness*

Stupid people at work made more work for me. And during the second stupid fest, someone from one department comes up to me because someone in another department is sick. Um, tell their super? Your super? Wtf no my job why cant you ppl communicate?!? Two minutes later I go to tell the big supers something, and one was pissed because a sub-super had just been there and failed to pass on the bad news. I shrugged and walked off. After mentioning the sick employee.

All this could be laughable, but its just sad. After work I barely get to my lesson on time and it starts out okay but goes downhill. The horse also likes to play games sometimes rather than cooperate. So I'm trying really hard and the horse has checked out. I get pissed. Instructor misses point and says that horse is mirror of my riding (more or less). I KNOW that. But horse is also a bit of a shit. She ignores this and repeats mirror crap. I cant get horse to behave well enough to allow me to learn squat :gaah

Stupid work people are my LEAST favourite kind of stupid people. I really do sympathise. It sucks when others won't pull their weight and make more work for you because of it :Hug2:

Unfortunately I don't know much about horses. Is it possible your stress from work is rubbing off on the horse? Can horses pick up on mood and tension like that? I'm not really up to speed on horse psychology...

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Ali has an avi!

Sorry that stupid people are stupid, Fen. It's amazing how some folks have zero capacity to see how their actions affect those around them.

Morning gang. Whut up?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*deploys attack pinatas*

That should beat some sensible into a few people!

*hands over delicious cupcakey goodness*

cupcakes.jpg

:)

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Fen, I feel for you. I don't know much about horses. Very little in fact. But one experience I had, may compare. A horse stepped on me. He did it deliberately. He looked me square in the eye and stepped on my foot. That bland "What are you gonna do about it asshole" bully look that is so common in 8th grade.

I'm assuming you know more and are much more experienced than I, or this conversation wouldn't even be taking place. So the only explanations are, 1: your horse was an asshole 2: the stupid people at work upset you more than you realized or 3: a bit of both.

Now, from the way you have talked I am sure that on a better day, you would have handled situation 1 just fine. So, here's what I suggest.

Give me their names and a brief personality sketch, exaggerating their more annoying traits. I will stick them in my WIP. My MC needs a few more annoying rich shits to get into trouble with. I have about three months of training that need to be covered without boring folks with the training. I'd skip it, but a couple of important events happen in that time, so I need sub-plot stuff to hide the boring parts. I promise they'll get what's coming to them. You've read "Luck", you can see I can do the "what's coming to them" thing.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Final weather report of the day.

Winds were up to sustained winds of 65 knots, gusts of up to 90 knots. Around the city, fences are down, aluminum siding gone, some roofs have been damaged. Building signs completely gone. Several injuries and the news is saying one death, but no details so I don't know how directly related.

We in the Debio household are physically fine, the house is fine, the dog pooped on the floor in fear, but that is all for the house. My wife, on the way home from work, ended up in a rice paddy. Literally. She had to call the insurance, then the police, then a tow truck. She is completely uninjured and is more annoyed with the bill than anything else.

Too bad she takes things like this so seriously, I could have teased her for 30 years about this. But I won't tease folks who actually get hurt if I do. Especially her. She's special.

She ended up in the rice paddy because half the roads were closed, and all but one bridge. She works on the other side of the river. The back road she was using was barely wide enough for her car, it was dark, rainy and of course windy. Then suddenly it ends, dead ends. She tried doing the back and fill thing to turn around, and the side collapsed and she ended up driving right into the paddy.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
With all the crappy weather, I feel kind of bad for noting that it's a gorgeous blue sky day here. And it's supposed to go up into the high 60s, low 70s.

I have training today, though. At least the conference room has a nice view of the river.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
With all the crappy weather, I feel kind of bad for noting that it's a gorgeous blue sky day here. And it's supposed to go up into the high 60s, low 70s.

I have training today, though. At least the conference room has a nice view of the river.

It's raining here. Joy of joys. That brief summery patch did not just long...

I'm bitter about the weather. Traveled for work yesterday. Went from high 80s with a nice breeze in Texas to a snow storm in New Mexico. Also, the weather guy didn't predict snow, so I did not bring appropriate shoes. Flats + slush = sad Chelsea. :(

On the upside, I got my first full manuscript request on the current project last night. :banana: This helped me ignore the snow.

Somewhat.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

:Hug2: to Fen. One day, when I rule the world (it will happen) those types of people will be the first to die. I don't tolerate stupid. :evil

Stay safe Debio, that does not sound fun.

And awesome! :)

ION, I ache, all over. Well, mostly legs, lower and middle back. This sudden turn from nice warm weather to snow probably isn't helping.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm bitter about the weather. Traveled for work yesterday. Went from high 80s with a nice breeze in Texas to a snow storm in New Mexico. Also, the weather guy didn't predict snow, so I did not bring appropriate shoes. Flats + slush = sad Chelsea. :(

On the upside, I got my first full manuscript request on the current project last night. :banana: This helped me ignore the snow.

Somewhat.

Huzzah on the manuscript request!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers folks.

For stupid character sketch: add two parts oblivious to two gallons of doesntcommunicate. Mix well and sprinkle in some more oblivion.

For horsie: he's just a bit of a punk who gets bored randomly. I don't mind bratty horses like the skunk headed destrier I used to ride, but this horse just clashes with me sometimes, and its not in a way that gives me a good challenge to overcome. Like I said, we started out good yesterday, if not always prettily in tune.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to CA. I hope you have a contract soon :)

And I'm glad you and yours are fine Debio.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Geeze, thanks for the show of support folks. :(

I learned very young not to approach people in a smibble-stomping mood until they've come back and are ready to talk. Nothing like a ding around the ear or three to let you know that, no, in fact, mom IS still angry and perhaps you should just go sit quietly somewhere and read. *nods*

Rotten co-workers. Stupid trainer. Silly, uncooperative horsey. Hmph. :Hug2:

Hey, Ali has an avi!

She does! It is a very cute kitten. Not quite as cute as:

394021_207714789326689_166579720106863_365162_1531965208_n_large.jpg

but close.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
On the upside, I got my first full manuscript request on the current project last night. :banana:

W00T! Congratulations!

For stupid character sketch: add two parts oblivious to two gallons of doesntcommunicate. Mix well and sprinkle in some more oblivion.

That describes about 70% of the people I've ever worked with. Add megalomania, and you've covered 90% of the people I've ever worked with. :mad:

Things are not happening as I envisioned.

Teh scrying bowl lied? AGAIN?

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to take this opportunity to applaud Overly Helpful Co-Worker for his dedication to the job. Rather than stay home and recover from his horrible cold, he decided to suck-it-up, come in, and infect the rest of the office. The coughing and sniffing from his cubicle isn't just a sign of impending doom for our immune systems, it's also an audible indication of just how crucial his sick-ass is to keeping this ship afloat no matter what the cost.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to soak for a few hours in a bathtub filled with Lys0l.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all! *hugs Fen*

Awesome, pony sculpture!

Somewhat.

Yay, congrats!!! Good luck!

Morning peoples!! Still trying to arrange my world properly. Things are not happening as I envisioned.

:Hug2:

I'd like to take this opportunity to applaud Overly Helpful Co-Worker for his dedication to the job. Rather than stay home and recover from his horrible cold, he decided to suck-it-up, come in, and infect the rest of the office. The coughing and sniffing from his cubicle isn't just a sign of impending doom for our immune systems, it's also an audible indication of just how crucial his sick-ass is to keeping this ship afloat no matter what the cost.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to soak for a few hours in a bathtub filled with Lys0l.

Oh that's awesome. Nothing like listening to someone cough and blow their nose all day to make you feel good. :(

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score

It's always floored me when someone shows up at an office obviously sick. Worrying about whether the boss/supervisor thinks you're slacking, or "letting down the team," is not as disastrous to a workplace as infecting everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.