A December to Dismember--500 words/day, all genres welcome

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Merry belated Christmas!

Didn't do any writing over the holiday, was fighting a migraine and the usual holiday craziness. I did manage to proofread 11 pages last night, though.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I hope the migrane is better, Saoirse. :Hug2:

No writing for me over the past three days either. Didn't have much of a Christmas, spent the day vegging out watching television. No family to spend it with and the GF was with her kids in east Texas.

Back at the day job and it is dead here, so trying to catch up on the WIP. Have 350 so far, not counting some minor edits to the first part of the chapter. Hoping to get a lot more before the end of the day.

ETA: Added another 335 words for a total of 685 today and wrapped up the chapter! Brings the WIP total to 33449! :D (And that's before lunch!)

ETA: Another 366 this afternoon, brings the WC up to 1051 for the day! WIP WC - 33815!

Last edited:

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
Good job with word count today, Ken! Especially at work!

I have 0 for the day so far, but I did write about 5,000 words for a client this morning. I have one more project due today, so that will add another 1,000 words. Too bad I can't apply them to the WIP! I'd be done by the end of December at this rate.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Good job with word count today, Ken! Especially at work!

I have 0 for the day so far, but I did write about 5,000 words for a client this morning. I have one more project due today, so that will add another 1,000 words. Too bad I can't apply them to the WIP! I'd be done by the end of December at this rate.

Thanks, Matt. Like I said, it is dead here, a virtual ghost town! Most lucky people are taking the entire time off until after New Year's Day! Being a contractor, I don't have the luxury of taking additional days off. :( On the bright side, at least I have a job!

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
494 today. Much better than I thought I would get as I assumed that Christmas would have reduced my brain to mush.

As I'm off tomorrow, I'm going to be crazy and aim for 2K.

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
No words at all yesterday. Too tired.
It's Christmas, after all. I need the rest.
But 1373 tonight. The chapter is rolling along.
Having a detailed outline seems to be of great help to me, as I expected it would be.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1,111 today. (Cool!)

Feeling a bit like it's getting away from me...but trying to remember what the other one was like at this stage. As I recall, I ended up doing some pretty major replotting on that one, too. One step at a time, I suppose!

Go, team!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I tinkered. So... probably not worth mentioning, except that I've done so little over the last year that several hours of dedicated tinkering sounds like progress. :Sun:

MsDashwood

Registered
Reaction score
^^ That's great, HJ :)

Getting ready to write. I have the whole day today, yay!

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
I am doing some major rewrites this morning on my WIP. I had some scenes that I really liked written, but there were so many inconsistencies and holes in my plot that I found I couldn't keep writing without making fixes first.

I guess that means I'm part of the tinkering club too!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Still tinkering here... wonder, I think there's a thread about iPad writing apps in Tech Help. :) (I like Pages, myself.)

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I've got about 1,400 today of the rewrite of my SF mystery. I like Pages as well for iPad, though I don't really use it so much any more.

MsDashwood

Registered
Reaction score
Great work, everyone; tinkering, writing, plotting and all of it :) Progress!

I have 1801 words today, and finished the chapter. A difficult chapter it was, with lots of scenes, and introducing characters, some that won't appear again but are only there because of their lines.

Will have a TV break, and try to put in a few more hours of writing before bed :)

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, nice work everyone. I haven't written a single word over christmas; too much :partyguy:

I'm going to try and make up for it today. Will report back tonight.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
What a fabulous word day, everybody!

1,409 on my end. End of a chapter, which always feels good.

Wonder, I also use Pages, although I find the iPad version crippled in some frustrating ways. One of the best things I did with it was figure out how to display word count in the document - that makes me like it a lot better. :)

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
1031 today.

I'm going to try and get my WIP to 10K before 2013. Thats 2500 words in 3 days. Let the countdown begin!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Got about 4,500 odd yesterday, the whole of chapter three and some of four, but it's going to need completely rewritten. I was kind of winging it and it's really forced. Still, New Year is a good time for me, because I stay at home and can have some real quiet time.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
1603 today which brings me to the end of the chapter.

Going to start the next chapter tomorrow as I'm having a DVD night tonight and cracking out the Xmas selection boxes!