Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2drunk:
Hey! It worked! (copying that cute emoto, that is.)

Too bad it won't work for insomnia.

Okay if I lurk behind the door here? If I seem to slink away it's probably only cause I got lost.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Snow is coming down bad again at the moment, so tomorrow should prove an intersting day again if I go into work.

There seems to be ice under the snow, which is making things... interesting.

Although not that shiney happy people one, as I don't like shiney happy people they're annoyingly happy.

Ah. Maybe today is a Nick Cave day rather than an REM day... ;)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
*avoids being shiny and happy* ...that was easy.

*pours some Baileys in the coffee*

That helps with sore throats, right? :/
:hi: Hey there, where have you been? Baileys in coffee is just the right cure for sorre throats. I've lined another three up on the bar for you.

I'm guessing you have a sore throat because you've been outside in snow shouting and having fun and building snowmen and throwing snowballs?

Okay if I lurk behind the door here? If I seem to slink away it's probably only cause I got lost.
Hiya, Kylabelle. That emoticon is the best out there. Along with :yessmiley and of course :banana: oh, and don't forget :e2moon: which you don't want to do at the moment because it's way too cold. :D
There seems to be ice under the snow, which is making things... interesting.
I found that out the hard way when I walked to the shop earlier. The roads are bad, but the pavements are even worse. Slippity and Slidering all over the place. And I had made a mini snowman on my wall yesterday, and today it had been destroyed. There are some evil gets around here. How could they do that to my poor mini-snowman? :(

So long as I don't have to listen to that stupid crap song by Will.I.Am and Britney Spears, I'm fine. It's all they seem to play on the radio all day frigging long.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

Leave a trail of Baileys behind you, someone will find you. :D :welcome: to the pub and to AW. :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hey there, where have you been? Baileys in coffee is just the right cure for sorre throats. I've lined another three up on the bar for you.

I'm guessing you have a sore throat because you've been outside in snow shouting and having fun and building snowmen and throwing snowballs?

I have been MIA, fighting wolves and whatnot. Aw, thanks for the Baileys, Jed. :Hug2:

No, I got my sore throat without all the fun involved. No snow here. It was, but very happy to say that it has all melted and gone away for now. It was pretty stinking cold for a while there. brrr. Build a snowdragon for me. :D

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
*avoids being shiny and happy* ...that was easy.

Of course it helps sore throats. So does rum :)
Good to see you. Missed you. Sorry you have a sore throat. :( hope you feel better soon!

Lance, Jed - glad you enjoy the cookies - have some more, there's plenty!

Snow - that's the cold white stuff, right? We don't get that often here, but we've had it twice so far this winter.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
So what are all your plans for today?
Minion duties. ;)

:e2bouncey And I built you a snowman. Well, it kinda looks like a snowman....

Hey NF! Glad to see you back at the Pub. :)

*breaks out the Sekrit Stash*

Maybe this will help with the sore throat?
Okay if I lurk behind the door here?
Please c'mon in. :)

:welcome: to the Pub, Kylabelle.
I haven't heard of Nick Cave...had to Google him. Pretty cool stuff.

:yessmiley Thanks!

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
dont know how many of you are fans of one of my favorate locations but they have a glass that is perfect for this group.
mg-102.jpg

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Of course it helps sore throats. So does rum :)
Good to see you. Missed you. Sorry you have a sore throat. :( hope you feel better soon!

Aw, thanks. It's good to be back. Sickly, but back all the same. :) Now I have that song in my head, 99 Bottles of Rum on the wall, take one down pass it around, 98 bottles of... oh wait, that was beer, wasn't it? :D

Minion duties. ;)

Hey NF! Glad to see you back at the Pub. :)

*breaks out the Sekrit Stash*

Maybe this will help with the sore throat?

:Hug2: Good to see you, L.Y. and keeping up with your minion duties, I see. :D Yes, I believe this calls for Sekrit Stash booze. Then again, doesn't everything call for that?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
dont know how many of you are fans of one of my favorate locations but they have a glass that is perfect for this group.
mg-102.jpg

I can show you what an empty glass looks like. :D Good to meet you, Rockweaver, and welcome to AW and to the pub. :)

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*crawls out from behind door. Drains glass. crawls back behind door*

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

Who was that masked flower? :D Just don't hide behind the door that leads into the closet. :scared: Not sure if I've ever really found out what was in there, but I've heard rumors that it's terrifying. Maybe it's boozeless. :O

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
perhaps that is the location of the Sekrit Stash? Guarded by some fearsome beastie, no doubt.

Or......... perhaps only guarded by the rumor of a fearsome beastie.

I am not going to investigate. *hides behind very safe door*

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Good to see you, L.Y. and keeping up with your minion duties, I see. :D
Yeah, I make a pretty good dragon minion, huh? :D

Hey...that doesn't mean you're going to start ordering me around, huh? ;)
Yes, I believe this calls for Sekrit Stash booze. Then again, doesn't everything call for that?
Yes it does.

*slides over a round of Sekrit stash*

:D

Just don't hide behind the door that leads into the closet. :scared: Not sure if I've ever really found out what was in there, but I've heard rumors that it's terrifying. :O
It is.... :e2teeth:

Or......... perhaps only guarded by the rumor of a fearsome beastie.

I am not going to investigate. *hides behind very safe door*
Nah, it's just me. Hey, wait a minute, do I look like a fearsome beastie?

*checks mirror*

Well, maybe. But I'm a friendly beastie. :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score

Snow - that's the cold white stuff, right? We don't get that often here, but we've had it twice so far this winter.
Yay, more cookies. :Drool

I'll admit, I'm getting a tad bored and slightly more annoyed with the snow now. Be gone with you, Snow.
:e2bouncey And I built you a snowman. Well, it kinda looks like a snowman....
You're so kind building me a snowman. And it looks great.

**Snowman joke alert**
What's the difference between snowmen and snow-women? Snowballs.

I haven't heard of Nick Cave...had to Google him. Pretty cool stuff.
I hadn't heard of him either but couldn't be bothered to google.
mg-102.jpg
I so want one of those glasses. :D
Aw, thanks. It's good to be back. Sickly, but back all the same. :) Now I have that song in my head, 99 Bottles of Rum on the wall, take one down pass it around, 98 bottles of... oh wait, that was beer, wasn't it? :D
99 Bottles of Baileys on the wall, oooh, what a sight. Open one up, drink it down, 98 Bottles of Baileys on the wall. What? only 98 Bottles of Baileys on the wall. :cry:

:e2steer: I thought I saw something, Captain. But she gone now, sir. Maybe just a figment. Will be keeping watching, though, sir. :e2steer:
Who was that masked flower? :D Just don't hide behind the door that leads into the closet. :scared: Not sure if I've ever really found out what was in there, but I've heard rumors that it's terrifying. Maybe it's boozeless. :O
Shhh. We don't talk about what is behind that door.

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
I think its time for a new round of what is hiding behind Door number 1
the clues

1: the value of the gift is with out price.
2: it will be of great value one day
3: everything in large enough quantities will kill lab rats.
4: you have seen it before and may have it already at your home.

happy guessing

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
99 Bottles of Baileys on the wall, oooh, what a sight. Open one up, drink it down, 98 Bottles of Baileys on the wall. What? only 98 Bottles of Baileys on the wall. :cry:
*adds one more bottle of Baileys back on the wall* :D

My bad. :Ssh:

I think its time for a new round of what is hiding behind Door number 1
the clues
That was easy.
1: the value of the gift is with out price. Baileys
2: it will be of great value one day. Baileys
3: everything in large enough quantities will kill lab rats. Baileys
4: you have seen it before and may have it already at your home. Baileys

happy guessing
What do I win? :D

Hmm. So this is why so very few of my references work...
I got it. :D

Sazzamaroo

Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks! I say morning, it's 12:43 here and I've been sent home from work due to adverse weather conditions (a bit of snow). So, I'm about to make dinner and I'd love a pint with that. Mine's a cider and black please =D

Tipper Slinger

Registered
Reaction score
First time to the pub. I'm off to teach high school students the wonders of tense agreement, how to read non-fiction, how to look outside their own tiny itty-bitty worlds, pummel them into writing little expressive lines, and maybe have a little bit of conscious thought. All this joy will begin again in about an hour and forty five minutes.
I think I could use a virtual pint of stout.

Tipper

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
First time to the pub. I'm off to teach high school students the wonders of tense agreement, how to read non-fiction, how to look outside their own tiny itty-bitty worlds, pummel them into writing little expressive lines, and maybe have a little bit of conscious thought. All this joy will begin again in about an hour and forty five minutes.

Tipper

hats off to you and best of luck. I am going to tell you a true tale all my life going through school i was told what a horrable person i was, could not write, spell or ever pass an english class.

at 35 i returned to school via my job. one of the classes i avoided was ENGL1301 first semester English. finally i was forced to take it. the teacher was exceptional she believed that every student was a gifted author but had not found the true voice of the work they were to write.

she made us journal every day. free write for class assignments and then we had 3 research papers , 2 lit reviews and 2 poem reviews to complete.

never did she complain about the work only offered ways to make it better. she expected you to always do your best. and she somehow got it.

when i publish my 1st book i will place her name in the forward and thank her for teaching me not how to write but that i could write. making my writing better was just mechanics and skill and nothing more. the key was practice.

never underestimate the impact you will have on your class ever. you never know who will listen and write a book that changes the world.

Scott

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Phew, that was a close call. All is better now. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Morning folks! I say morning, it's 12:43 here and I've been sent home from work due to adverse weather conditions (a bit of snow). So, I'm about to make dinner and I'd love a pint with that. Mine's a cider and black please =D
Good morning, afternoon, evening, whichever it may now be. And welcome to the Pub. You want a cider and black? Wow, now that's a drink and half. What's for dinnner?

Tipper
Hi Tipper, welcome to the Pub. Teaching students english is a tense subject, good luck, and the virtual pint is on me.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score

99 bottles of Rum - much better than beer; 99 bottles of Bailey's - bliss! Thank heavens Lance put one more back up, though. Running as low as only 98 bottles would be disaster.

*looks toward mysterious movement from behind door*

Yikes! :scared: Did something just move behind the door??

Tipper

Oh my! Bless your heart and best of luck. You could use more than one pint. Have another on me!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I make a pretty good dragon minion, huh? :D

Hey...that doesn't mean you're going to start ordering me around, huh? ;)

I would never, that's Jed's job. Now play some cool music and get out the Baileys! :D

I think it leads to the Horror thread, the newbies should check it out...don't let the screams scare you, it's just other newbies excited about the bbq'ing going on in there. :D

:hi: Welcome to the pub and to AW! Morning, noon, or night--anytime is a good time for a Baileys or drink of your choice at the pub.

First time to the pub.

Tipper

:welcome: to the pub and to AW, Tipper. Good luck with the kiddos. If you need a few virtual drinks in between classes, someone will probably be here. :D

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks!
...Mine's a cider and black please =D
First time to the pub.
...I think I could use a virtual pint of stout.
:welcome: to the Pub! jvc got your first round...I'll get the second.

never underestimate the impact you will have on your class ever. you never know who will listen and write a book that changes the world.
Wise words. :)

Phew, that was a close call. All is better now. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Now I'm in a dancing banana mood, too! :D
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
*looks toward mysterious movement from behind door*

Yikes! :scared: Did something just move behind the door??
*exits door with more cases of Baileys*

Just me. We've been having a lot of new customers at the Pub, and I had to restock. :)
I would never, that's Jed's job. Now play some cool music and get out the Baileys! :D
:eek: Anything you say.

*scuttles off to grab Baileys and play some music on the jukebox*

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.