• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Trident Media Group

Crzywritergrl

The Devil is a selfish twit
Registered
Reaction score
Aren't they a no response=no? Each agent's bio is different and some say they will respond and some don't. You might want to go to their site and check

Hoovlette

Mommy of Two (Soon-to-be three)
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've queried him before - like a year and a half ago - and he responded. But I've read that sometimes he will, sometimes he won't. Since he responded to me last time, it's probably going to be a no response=no policy. LOL

college boy

Less interesting than you think.
Registered
Reaction score
I got a request for a full from Melissa Flashman within hours of sending my query four weeks ago. I sent my full and haven't heard anything back since. I guess that it is going to be a while.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I heard back from Don F.ehr; I'd sent him a proposal. He said my writing is strong and clear but he wasn't sure the outline worked for him as it is. He suggested another way of doing it, and says: Is there any chance you would agree with this? Otherwise, I don’t think this is a project I could really sell for you.
The funny (and great!) thing is that his suggestions are EXACTLY what I've been thinking about for the last three or four days, and making notes on! So it seems we're on the same page...
Fingers crossed for me, folks, please!

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Thanks! Just heard from him again:
I am glad to get your response, and yes, that book would interest me more. So I’ll be happy to see a revised proposal when you have one ready for my review.

ovadamoon

Registered
Reaction score
Having submitted an email query I had expected a response time of days & weeks - but it took less than five minutes. Affirmative!

Important Lesson....make sure you have your partials & full manuscripts ready before you submit query.

KelleyVitollo

Registered
Reaction score
Having submitted an email query I had expected a response time of days & weeks - but it took less than five minutes. Affirmative!

Important Lesson....make sure you have your partials & full manuscripts ready before you submit query.

Who did you query? And congrats on the request!

RMeridian

Registered
Reaction score
I just received a partial request from Alanna Ramirez a day after querying. Trying not to get too excited but it still feels amazing. I'm in the same boat as ovadamoon - make sure everything is ready before querying! I had to do a quick format fix on the ms and fix my printer since it's a hard copy request. I'm so used to rejections and no responses, I thought I had time!! LOL

Last edited:

Gokstad

Mostly clueless
Registered
Reaction score
Ligtning fast (when they want to be)

Queried Scott Miller 4/24/10, no reply whatsoever to date (approximately seven months). (Of course, his info. says that 'no reply' = 'no,' so nothing to complain about there.)

Queried Rob't Gottlieb 9/15/10 (with "referral from X" [another agent] in subject line). Reply 7 minutes later requesting full submission, with their I-won't-sue-you form and a 3-week exclusive.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Ms. Henkin 11/12
Rejection received 12/3

YA science fiction

flyinghorses12

Registered
Reaction score
equeried Melissa Flashman 11/29, request for full 12/4. Now I wait, and based on posts on querytracker it'll be a long one. It'll be worth it, though, if I can have her as an agent or at least get some good feedback!

Creole Lady

Registered
Reaction score
Sent a snail mail query to Ellen Levine after reading her "would love to see" list. My novel met every item on that list yet all I received was an unsigned form rejection. There was about a three week turnaround time.

kafeinuhai

nom nom nom.
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Alyssa Henkin on 10/13
Request for a partial on 11/02
Request for a full on 11/15
Got an offer of representation on 12/03.
Accepted 12/13 :) WOOT!!!

My novel is YA Science Fiction. I wouldn't classify it as "hard science fiction," more on the soft side, but with thriller-aspects. And of course some romance thrown in there, too.

And I can't say enough nice things about Alyssa. She's been prompt and courteous, informative, professional, plus just super, super nice.

flyinghorses12

Registered
Reaction score
So Melissa Flashman has my full (sent 12/1) and it just dawned on me that she didn't ask me to sign the release. Thing is, I signed one a long time ago when Stephanie Maclean (now gone from the agency) had my full. I did the online one on their website that it asks you to do before anyone will even look at your query. Do we think that's enough? Wonder if you have to do a new one each time you submit to a different agent...I'd hate for this to slow down her looking at my material, ya know?

kafeinuhai

nom nom nom.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Amergina! I'm really excited. :) I will try my best to share my experience with Trident for anyone who's interested. So far I've been really happy.

grizzletoad1

Plodding around into things.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, new here to this forum. I queried Scott Miller back on November 23. To date I received no reply. I could not find the information that others on this thread have said where his terms are "No reply = No interest," but since it has been over a month, I submitted another query to another agent at Trident. I hope I didn't jump the gun here, but a month is a long time not to hear anything regarding a query, but did I do something wrong here? This is not my first trip around this block. 20 years ago, I wrote a manuscript that I tried to publish, but it went no where, except into the hands of an unscrupulous agent who rooked me. Lesson learned. Today, the internet and computers have really changed the playing field here, so I went back, completely rewrote my story with a new story line and am now actively searching for representation. So far, no luck, and I'm getting very discouraged. Hope I haven't wasted my time. Anyway, in spite of the down sound of this post, have a very Merry Christmas, everyone! Best regards,

John

Last edited:

augusto

Registered
Reaction score
Website
willtinkham.blogspot.com
Welcome, grizzletoad1! One month is a little quick to write off any agent. Hang around here, soak up all this useful information, and you won't get rooked again. Maybe introduce yourself over at the newbie forum. Good luck and you have a good holiday, too!

grizzletoad1

Plodding around into things.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, August. This looks like a fairly good site that I found completly by accident. Merry Christmas to you.

John

oshun55

Registered
Reaction score
Kafeinuhai congrats! Your posts are *extremely* encouraging, esp. since I recently queried Henkin w/ my YA Urban fantasy. I have a long (well it seems long) history with this agency:

Feb. 2010 queried Scott Miller - no response ever (one of my very first queries)
March 2010 queried John Silbersack - Got request for full, rejected couple months later
June 2010 queried Kim Whalen - no response ever
Sep. 2010 queried Alex Glass - no response ever
Dec. 2010 queried Ms. Henkin - still waiting for response.

So with the exception of Silbersack, I'm used to never hearing from any of the agents here. We'll see if I get a response from Henkin!

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everybody know I'll be posting an interactive interview with Ms. Henkin on my blog this Thursday, January 27. If you have any questions for Ms. Henkin, feel free to drop by that day!

I'll be back Thursday morning to post a direct link...