• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Aspen Mountain Press

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
On the scale of romance e-publishers, not all that new. They are a small e-publisher with no problems that I am aware of.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Celina does have a book out with them. I've bought things from Aspen's website and it's very user friendly. I see their books advertised around. Just adding in my $.02

Last edited:

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Yep. AMP is a very professional outfit to work with. The EIC is an established author with a loooooooooooooooong list of professional credits. The editing staff is extremely thorough (as those of you who listen to my comma bewailings know) and the standards are high. The publishing house itself is a little over a year old and publishes everything from erotica to mainstream. Several Aspen books are on Fictionwise bestseller lists.

The contract is verra nice. I've dealt with several other e-pub houses and I can reassure you that the royalty rates are high-end and fair.

The great thing about AMP is that they don't accept 'just anything.' No Poser covers ( I like my cover art a LOT), no excuses on deadlines, and not just any kind of manuscript is accepted. They also tend to lean toward longer works which I find refreshing. Prices are on target for the reading audience.

Royalty checks and reports come right on time. The EIC is being extremely careful not to build the house too quickly. She doesn't want it to fall into the same trap as some other well-known e-pubs that have folded lately by trying for too much too quickly. She's still in the process of building her core of authors so she's open to a lot of different writing styles. My novel is non-romance straight up hard core fantasy.

Hope that answers your question. :)

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
Whatever else they may be, they're spammers. I didn't ask to be subscribed to their newsletter, and having a nice discreet opt-out link at the bottom of their newsletter does not magically make their unsolicited commercial/bulk email not-spam.

The Boulder Pledge:

"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as the result of an unsolicited e-mail message. Nor will I forward chain letters, petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large numbers of others. This is my contribution to the survival of the online community."

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
Aspen don't appear to supply to the uk, is that right? I can't find any of their books on amazon.co.uk

Does anyone know if they have plans to make them available here?

para

Registered
Reaction score
From the submission guidelines.
Aspen Mountain Press is an e-book, royalty paying publisher. We do not charge fees for set up, or charge for editing your story once it has been accepted for publication. Our contracts request rights to the contracted work, including digital and print formats as we will provide some of our titles in print later this year.

Aspen Mountain Press are currently only an ebook publisher, you will only find their books on Amazon if they have a Kindle edition. When the print editions come out later in the year, you will probably find these on Amazon but as they will be POD or Trade Paperback they will be much more expensive than normal paperback books.

JL_Benet

writer/teacher
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlbenet.com
I don't see where their website tells the potential reader the length of the works. I understand that with different formats giving an exact page count would be problematic, but a simple short story/novella/novel/collection designation would be helpful. (Unless it's there and I'm just not seeing it)

JL_Benet

writer/teacher
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlbenet.com
There was talk about this publisher moving some of their books into print in the coming year. Does anyone have any more information on that?

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I don't see where their website tells the potential reader the length of the works. I understand that with different formats giving an exact page count would be problematic, but a simple short story/novella/novel/collection designation would be helpful. (Unless it's there and I'm just not seeing it)

Aspen Mountain publishes works of any length, from novella to epic. We do publish some shorter length works in our PBW line--usually around 15k. We also have a couple of a short story collections.

There was talk about this publisher moving some of their books into print in the coming year. Does anyone have any more information on that?

AMP's first print title is out with others coming by the end of the year.

I just recieved an offer for publication for my Futuristic Romance.

Congratulations!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I am a great supporter of AMP and very happy with them. But I must say I did not experienced the intensive editing mentioned in that interview.

That said, if you are looking for a mid-list epublisher who is on the way up, AMP would be it.

Last edited:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The book shown in my signature line is from AMP and specifically the new Aurora Regency line mentioned in the interview. I did receive intensive editing, but that may be more line specific than publisher specific. So far, I've been quite happy.

mscelina

Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
That because both of you were edited by the intensive editor who was interviewed by Snell and that editor was me.

Editing as a whole is a top priority at Aspen Mountain Press, but the editing at the Aurora/Aurora Regency imprint is tougher due to the historical accuracy requirement of the line. My editor at AMP is a very intensive editor--and a jackbooted AW member. The main focus of the interview was the new imprint and my own, specific editorial preferences.

Last edited:

Nya RAyne

On the verge of greatness
Registered
Reaction score
In a house on a corner, next to this old lady and
Question...

There are alot of you out there that have sang the praises of AMP. What I want to know is have any of you dealt with Sandra? What's you're feel for her?

If you don't want to post here, please PM me?

I'm only asking because, well, I want to know. :)