Last Movie You Watched...

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Back From Hell... I think it should've stayed there. :eek: I thought it was one of the stupidest movies that I've ever seen. Shaky camera and all. I do not recommend this unless you really loved the Blair Witch Project...

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, night. I watched the trailer and the shakycam deterred me. Glad I didn't rent this one.

It wasn't just the shaky cam...spoilers:

One thing, I waited for the scene, the one on the cover to take place...it never happened. Another thing is I don't believe someone would just stand their a film everything while his friends are being attacked and murdered right before his eyes. Even when the girl was attacked he stood there filming, not helping at all...really? A lot of the acting was bad. And I found the whole premise rather stupid. There was lots of opportunity, especially with the shaky cam, to make things really scary and they missed out on all of them. I'm glad I had a promotion code to get it free from Redbox, because this wasn't worth a dollar. IMHO.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
The Dark Knight Rises. For a finisher of the trilogy, it was good. But too filled with incoherent flashbacks and predictable ending. The characters seem to want to tell some story every time a point is brought up. The gem was Anne Hathaway in a latex suit... I couldn't stop staring.

Top Gear: The Worst Car In The History Of The World. Jeremy and James bicker about cars. What's not to love? But, I though it'll be different, instead, it was about the worse cars that were expected to be good, not just the worse cars they could find... which was quite sad. The first ten minutes is the best part.

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Been watching a lot of movies lately.

Loopers. My god, it was terrible. The directing was the worse part, and then the writing, and then everything else all filed in line.
The premise was good, but how it was set up and worked, wasn't.

SJNew

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thelanguageofimagination.blogspot.co.uk
Midnight in Paris. i was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed this because normally I'm a bit cautious of Woody Allen films, what with so few appealing to me. I'll fully admit that hearing Tom Hiddleston talking about it in an interview piqued my initial interest but it was probably the literary references and my own desire to get away from where I currently live that made it appeal so much to me when I watched it.

(technically, Captain America was the last film I watched, but seeing as that was a re-watch, I don't think it counts :tongue )

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. Kinda on the gory side but really funny.

You and I seem to have very similar tastes in our likes. my hubs and I LOVED that movie. I thought it was brilliant and had a great twist to the typical teen slasher film.

ETA: In fact, I think I could maybe add that to my list in the funniest movies thread! I laughed so hard in some parts of that film I had tears coming out of my eyes.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Tried to watch Paranormal Activity 3. Watched about 45 mins of it and then I had to shut it off. I'm a horror movie buff, but I couldn't handle this one. There were two little girls in it (about ages 4 and 7 or 8) and I couldn't handle it. I have twin 6 year old girls and when the older girl was getting attacked by the ghost/spirit I was done. Not for me. I like me some good horror but not where it involves torturing and frightening children. *shudders*

Tevin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ryansteiner.com
My wife and I watched Dungeons and Dragons: The Book of Vile Darkness on SyFy this weekend.

We started off watching it ironically but by the time the lady with the glowing, disembodied purple hands started strangling people we were actually into it for real.

It was equal parts ridiculous, absurd, awful and entertaining. I can't actually recommend it, but I can't dismiss it, either.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Total Recall (Colin Farrell) - I liked it. Better acting. More Dickian (more dystopia and dysphoria). OMG, Kate Beckingsale (spelling?) was like the f-ing terminator. No Mars. John Cho with blonde hair.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Skyfall, which I saw a couple of days ago. I may well be the only 52-year-old in Britain who'd never seen a James Bond film before, mainly because action films of any kind don't appeal to me, but I was curious to see what Sam Mendes would make of it. Surprise, surprise - I enjoyed the film TREMENDOUSLY and plan to see it again next week! Screenplay, acting, direction - everything was outstanding.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Watched Jack Nicholson in The Passenger on TV last night.

I've never watched such a load of disjointed pointless rubbish with, as far as little old me could see, absolutely no storyline whatsoever.

To get away from his presumably hum-drum life as a journalist, he swaps identity with a dead gunrunner in the adjacent room of a minus two-star hotel in the middle of the desert somewhere. Then he has an accidental meeting with folk who think he is delivering 800 sub-machine guns and god knows what else to them. He takes a massive down payment from them and there the story ends apart from three days of wandering around Southern Europe with a stray tourist for company till he himself has a heart attack in another grotty hotel in another desert.

Gunrunning?

Never hear of that again, nor anything about the folk who presumably are looking for the weapons he can't deliver.

Still it was 1975.

And a Carlo Ponti film, so I must be really dumb.:Shrug:

ETA - just read the Wikipedia article on it and discovered the final 'action' takes place off-screen. Great. No wonder dumb old me missed it. Sheesh.

Last edited:

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Apparition - Low budget horror. Production values were fairly solid, but the script was meh. Some good moments, didn't care for the ending.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Watched a Filipino horror film last night called The Road. It was actually quite enjoyable. Had some nice filming angles and had that slow moving sort of creepiness that I love from many foreign horror films I watch. The acting was sometimes a little off to me, but I loved the way the story ran on a backwards timeline to help you figure out who was responsible for killing the girls. It was unique and I enjoyed that aspect of it.

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
Tears of the Sun. Excellent film. Sometimes Bruce Willis surprises and actually has character. The story is both uplifting and depressing as hell, guaranteed to make a grown man cry.

Watched The Expendables before that. To anyone who didn't like this movie, seriously what did you expect from that particular cast of characters? It delivered exactly what any good action film should. Lots of Action. And the more movies I see with Jason Statham the bigger fan I become.

druid12000

Registered
Reaction score
You and I seem to have very similar tastes in our likes. my hubs and I LOVED that movie. I thought it was brilliant and had a great twist to the typical teen slasher film.

ETA: In fact, I think I could maybe add that to my list in the funniest movies thread! I laughed so hard in some parts of that film I had tears coming out of my eyes.

If you like cheesy, awful-but-they-knew-it-was-awful-while-making-it flicks, check out Thankskilling (starring Turkee. Gobble, gobble, Motherf*cker). There are parts of that movie that I had to rewind because I was laughing so hard I missed whole blocks of the movie.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
If you like cheesy, awful-but-they-knew-it-was-awful-while-making-it flicks, check out Thankskilling (starring Turkee. Gobble, gobble, Motherf*cker). There are parts of that movie that I had to rewind because I was laughing so hard I missed whole blocks of the movie.

I'll check it out, Peter! Thanks!

ETA: I just watched the trailer and uh, I'm a little speechless. That might be a little TOO cheesy for me. haha. my husband might like it, but I don't know. It looked pretty shittastic LOL. I might still watch it. I tried to watch Clowns from Outter Space because dh and I were laughing so hard reading the reviews we were crying. But omg, I couldn't watch more than 20 mins it was so freaking stupid. I fell asleep but dh watched it. he said it was hilariously bad. He does the bad cheese better than me. I could NOT watch the 300 spoof. It was so freaking bad/stupid. I don't like stupid cheese. I like smart cheese, ya know?

Last edited:

druid12000

Registered
Reaction score
I'll check it out, Peter! Thanks!

ETA: I just watched the trailer and uh, I'm a little speechless. That might be a little TOO cheesy for me. haha. my husband might like it, but I don't know. It looked pretty shittastic LOL. I might still watch it. I tried to watch Clowns from Outter Space because dh and I were laughing so hard reading the reviews we were crying. But omg, I couldn't watch more than 20 mins it was so freaking stupid. I fell asleep but dh watched it. he said it was hilariously bad. He does the bad cheese better than me. I could NOT watch the 300 spoof. It was so freaking bad/stupid. I don't like stupid cheese. I like smart cheese, ya know?

Do you mean Killer Klowns From Outer Space? Cuz that was just awful. I saw that on USA Up All Night 20 years ago and couldn't even muster a chuckle at how relentlessly bad it was. Honestly, ThanksKilling is incredibly stupid but it was done intentionally. There is one scene that I just keep cracking up about because it's so over the top...

Ok, moving on...just watched Limitless. Bradley Cooper is a great actor and this film had some great twists and turns. Imagine a drug that could take you to your highest potential. Highly recommended.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Do you mean Killer Klowns From Outer Space? Cuz that was just awful. I saw that on USA Up All Night 20 years ago and couldn't even muster a chuckle at how relentlessly bad it was. Honestly, ThanksKilling is incredibly stupid but it was done intentionally. There is one scene that I just keep cracking up about because it's so over the top...

Ok, moving on...just watched Limitless. Bradley Cooper is a great actor and this film had some great twists and turns. Imagine a drug that could take you to your highest potential. Highly recommended.

Yes, that was the one. See? I can't even remember it's proper name. Yeah. Left a MAJOR impression on me, can you tell? ha.

We had family movie night with our six year old girls and watched Matilda. Hadn't seen it in years. LOVE THAT MOVIE. It's just so funny and cute and sweet, but it was a bit too intense for one of my girls. Hopefully she won't have nightmares :(

Just watched Woman in Black with my husband. Not sure how I feel about it. I'm a bit mixed. I loved seeing Daniel Radcliff in something other than HP, but the story left me with more questions than answers and I don't really care for that. I don't know if hubs and I missed something or if was really that lamely written, but IDK. I just don't get it. He does all this stuff and for what? And why was she taking all these innocent children? What did they have to do with her sister? And then the end? WTF? Confused. It has a lovely creepiness to it and was filmed wonderfully, IMO, but the story was a bit...incomplete. I think. I don't know. Ugh.

druid12000

Registered
Reaction score
Just watched The Deal with William H. Macy and Meg Ryan. I love both of them as actors, but let's face it, neither one could carry a movie on their own if need be. Great performances but no chemistry. I thought it was odd, pairing these two as lovers, well I was right, it was odd. Not a bad film, just bring a grain or two of salt.