Maybe I'll Earn a Pizza - Self Publishing Diary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
Now up to about 6 reviews, all very positive. A little worried to not hear any negative reviews as I'm completely in the dark about what people could complain about (and not be able to fix it).

I've gotten quite a few bites from blogs who are going to do cover reveals and interviews, which is very exciting.

I'm going nuts waiting until it comes out, even though I'm pretty sure there won't be some breakout start. I can hope though. I do have a pretty big social media network of friends from my theatrical work (I'm a produced playwright) that should come through on opening day.

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com
Six reviews! You are off to a great start.

I know what you mean about bad reviews, it is nerve racking waiting, wondering. But as a reader, I think that the best books have both good and bad reviews (I'm always suspicious of a book that only has 5 star reviews, and a little suspicious if they only have 4 and 5.) As long as the good reviews out number the bad ones, then I don't pay much attention to the bad reviews. So far at 6-0, I think you will be fine. :)

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not worried about getting a bad review, just kind of wish I would already so I would know what people are going to complain about. Especially if it's something that could change my mind about the work or future works.

Jazen

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on that negative review as well. I've had my book out since April and you already have has many reviews as I have on Amazon so great job there!!!!

I have a few more on Goodreads, but not many of them cross post. I did get a 1 star on Goodreads but no text review, just the rating. It's shelved DNF :( that was kind of a bummer but it happens.

Good luck with your upcoming release!

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
More and more hopeful signs....

I am up to 13 presales which is beyond my expectations
I received an email from my editor who said it was the best manuscript they had received in a very long time
I continue to have positive reviews from Goodreads which is supposedly a tougher audience

I have scheduled an ad with bknights on fiverr for 9/23, and will keep the book at 99 cents for that offer. Then I will bump it up to either 2.99 or 3.99. I keep debating. Based on the other books in my genre, I have either option and remain in the middle.

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
Well the deadline arrived for me to submit my final version...

It's scary to release it, and know I can't tweak it anymore. Not that I didn't think it was finished, but I always had the option. Now...it is what it is...

Only 10 days to go!!

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
So the playbuzz game has proven to be very successful! 77 shares already. Not bad. I had some sales today too and no one I knew told me they bought it so I'm guessing it could be related.

AnnaPappenheim

"Quod me alit, me extinguit."
Registered
Reaction score
That's a great idea, the playbuzz quiz! Good to hear it's going well for you!

AnnaPappenheim

Registered
Reaction score
I'm an "Inker" :)

Great quiz! It was a lot of fun to take and I like how you worked in info on your book-- you did it in a way that was fascinating and not pushy.

Did it take you awhile to make the quiz?

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
It took about 3 hours altogether. I found myself struggling on coming up with questions and responses that made sense for the powers. I would think most people on here would come up as Inker, since that's the creative-minded result.

AnnaPappenheim

Registered
Reaction score
That's good to know on the time. I think 3 hours is pretty quick, considering how well it turned out! It was interesting to take :)

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure if it's due to the survey but I've had very consistent sales this week. Much better than my expectations for a pre-order. Crossing my fingers that my friends come through on Monday to give me the boost I need to reach the top #100 in a few categories.

Literateparakeet

Nerdy Budgie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lesliesillusions.blogspot.com

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
I made it to my pizza! :D

My Facebook invite went out today to my friends to promote my launch date tomorrow. They've been sharing it and signing up so hoping for a nice push. Right now the book is around #60,000 and I need it to get to #30,000 to make some top #100 lists.

Dlmusic

Registered
Reaction score
My friends and family sure came through!

I ended up making the Hot New Releases top 100 in all of my book's categories! Most importantly, I'm at the top of the first page for Superhero. Very exciting times!

Celeste Carrara

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
That quizz was a really cool idea! I played & got Inker. :)

I'm happy to hear things are going so well for you. Congrats and I hope you have lots of sales and get to the top of all the lists in your category!!

Status
Not open for further replies.