Rejectomancy

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
23-day R from DSF. Really, really thought this one had a chance there. Argh.

Peace
Ty

Dani79

Registered
Reaction score
Website
daniellengales.com
Sorry all for the recent Rs.

I find DSF a toughie to work out, Ty. All the stories I think are just the right fit for them get outright rejections. The ones I think I'm wasting my time submitting because they clearly don't stand a chance? They're the ones that at least make it through to the second round. One day I'll figure it out!

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
I find DSF a toughie to work out, Ty. All the stories I think are just the right fit for them get outright rejections. The ones I think I'm wasting my time submitting because they clearly don't stand a chance? They're the ones that at least make it through to the second round. One day I'll figure it out!

Thanks for this, Dani! Perked me right back up.

Thanks,
Ty

CL_Hilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Website
clhilbert.wordpress.com
Sorry all for the recent Rs.

I feel the same way! They've definitely preferred my second string to my heavy hitters. I'm starting to think maybe they like simpler stories.

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
Keep it up man. At least you are subbing. I can't even finish a story before giving up on it and moving on to something else and getting stuck.

You will get one through :)

Thanks, Sudoroot! I was really, really feeling strong about this one—I've been reading a lot of Clarkesworld lately, and I can see it wasn't a great fit. Did a quick polish and sent it off to Shimmer...

Really appreciate the encouragement!

Thanks,
Ty

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
Form rejections from Goldfish Grimm, Stupefying Stories and Fictionvale today.

Last edited:

Melinda Moore

Registered
Reaction score
Form rejections from Goldfish Grimm, Stupefying Stories and Fictionvale today.

Good job putting your stories back out there. I feel like I have stagnated on sending rejected submissions back out. You inspire me to get to it. I hope you have good news soon.

StormChild

Registered
Reaction score
33 day form from Fireside (the alliteration tickles me).

Very quiet so far this month.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
19 day personal R from Strange Horizons. I found their comments both encouraging and helpful.

Batspan

My Religion is kindness -Dalai Lama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bathughes.wordpress.com
126-day R from Analog - found it on their sub system - no email, so not sure of the exact day.

76-day form R Inscription, 33-day form R Fireside, 25-day form DSF.

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
19 day personal R from Strange Horizons. I found their comments both encouraging and helpful.

Cool. I really like reading SH, but everything I send them gets form R'd as soon as they see it. Glad to hear they're giving good feedback to those who get close!

Peace
Ty

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score

I think the Grinder usually has them at about 1-2% personalized rejections, so they must have liked it. Hope the next market will like it even more...

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
Good job putting your stories back out there. I feel like I have stagnated on sending rejected submissions back out. You inspire me to get to it. I hope you have good news soon.

I'm glad I'm inspirational. :) Though a rejectolanche isn't very fun!

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
As I wrote on the other thread, 38-day form R from Fireside. Watching 31- and 32-day Rs come off the board ahead of it, I'd just started allowing myself to believe it was being held. Ah, well.

Peace
Ty

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
7-day personal from Shimmer. From Senior Editor E. Catherine Tobler, so I'm hoping that means I made it through slush. She said it's a poor fit for their style, and encouraged me to read more of the magazine.

Time to polish it up, and find the right market.

Peace
Ty

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
21 day form R from Grievous Angel. Did ask me to send them more work later so that's always a positive (even when part of a form.)

LolaVelo

Registered
Reaction score
Personal R today from Fantasy Scroll for the story that was lost then resubmitted, totally 94 days.

Also, I've noticed Penumbra Rs are coming in today on Duotrope - would those be for the Lewis Carol edition?