Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
Nah, you're fine Zoe. I'm the same way. I write what I write after researching the necessary topics, but by virtue of being in the business of ideas a writer will inevitably offend someone, just as you might inevitably inspire or help someone else.

It's part of the package.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
And then you have Nicki Minaj's Stupid Hoe. ;{ Have you seen that yet, Ely? I was absolutely speechless when I watched it.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
It's a rainbow vomit with too much ass-shaking, stupid rap lyrics, and just Nicki looking like she belongs in a mental hospital. There is something just off about her. It's either she's trying too hard or a person with that severe attention whore problems doesn't need to be in the spotlight.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
No doubt. Don't get me wrong. I love some good hip-hop. Just not Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, etc. kind of hip-hop. I love Lupe Fiasco and though Kanye West is a total ass most of the time, I love most of his songs. Particularly from his Graduation album. Flashing Lights has to be one of his best songs and one of my favorites.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
I love Lupe Fiasco and Kanye West. Then I love old school artists like Lauryn Hill and Nas. There are some Lil Wayne songs that I listen to and I like Drake too, but sometimes I get tired of rappers talking about how much money they make and calling female's disrespectful names and it's...like OMG WHY CAN'T THEY RAP ABOUT SOMETHING REAL.

That's why I love Lauryn Hill. She has so much soul and truth when she raps/sings.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I miss Lauryn too, but I am kind of glad that she isn't performing like she used to because I don't think people can appreciate the good talent when all they do is praise the bad ones. There are so many artists that I can name that should be getting so much more attention than some of the Hot 100 on Billboard. For real.

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
I heard that she normally performs in churches or overseas. She's doing a concert in February in Denmark I think, not sure though.

But yeah. There are so many artists out there that should be getting a lot more attention, but I think that's what messes them up. They get into the limelight and think that they have to do what everyone else is doing to stay popular. *shrugs*

Alouette

bad apple
Registered
Reaction score
Oh god, just watched that Nicki Minaj video. How does this kind of music even get produced? I don't even.....wow. Speechless. Makes me sad that in a decade or whatever we'll be looking back and this is the kind of thing we'll have to reminisce about. Okay, fair enough, lots of people like it and I'm pretty open-minded about music and art in general but that's just not talent or creativity or skill or anything, really.

Bleh, it annoys me to no end haha. Well, good night folks. Was nice talking to you all :)

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
BOOM! Cover!

I actually found a picture of a girl with a cherry blossom tree (I think) on her back that looks half Asian. THAT'S TOTALLY MAIRA!!! :D

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Ely!

Oooh such a great image, MA! How were you able to put the tattoo on there? AND get out the white space? lol

This particular tattoo I planned to put it on her side so that the phoenix head is partly on her front ribcage and the dragon head is partly on her back. It's a yin yang theme where the phoenix is yin and the dragon is yang.

ETA: Yeah don't reread or else you'll be tempted to revise. That's always my problem lol

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, that's a beautiful picture, Ely! She is gorgeous!

I had to use the blend called multiply to remove the white then I rotated it to fit along the contour of the arm and I used the warp tool to make it have some dimension.

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
MA - Did you mean me or Ely? lol And oooh I didn't realize that that's what multiply could do. YAY for learning something new! And I will definitely keep this in mind if I decide to do a book trailer and use pics of all her tattoos. But a lot of her other tattoos involve a bit more work like combining images and whatnot. Maybe I'll do it when I'm in the beta stage and waiting for their comments. :D

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Oops. I need to stop skimming the thread when I miss pages lol

ETA: I'm off to do some reading. Something stressful came up and I need something to help me cope and not freak out.

I'll catch ya'll later!

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
MA - Did you mean me or Ely? lol And oooh I didn't realize that that's what multiply could do. YAY for learning something new! And I will definitely keep this in mind if I decide to do a book trailer and use pics of all her tattoos. But a lot of her other tattoos involve a bit more work like combining images and whatnot. Maybe I'll do it when I'm in the beta stage and waiting for their comments. :D

I meant you, Karla. :) I've been thinking about doing a book trailer myself! I love book trailers.

I know what you mean, Ely. I found the perfect girl for my new WIP, but I have to change her hair to be a little more reddish. :<

Last edited:

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
I love red hair. It's odd but I think that in most of all the stories I've written there's at least one character with either red or reddish hair.

Ooh I made a book trailer but it was for Euphoria, the project I put on hold to work on Whispers in the Dark. I also made one of my NaNo project from a couple of years ago. I love making them and I might make one for Whispers once I get 25% into the story.

Karla - *hugs* I hope everything is okay.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Hahahahahah same here! I love gingers.

Pip and Laura are both gingers.
Evy is half ginger. With more auburn hair
Wit is a full blown ginger.

its so sad that they are going extincted... i wish i could have a ginger kid, sadly i'm only a fake ginger.

Status
Not open for further replies.