Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I've never heard of Heartland. What's it about?

It's a Canadian program about a girl that lives on a horse farm that helps horses that have been abused or have behavioral problems. It's also a fantastic series of books by Lauren Brooke.

The TV series seems to have borrowed the characters and the general idea from the books, but doesn't really follow the plot.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Heartland is an amazing show. Just sayin'. I need to catch up...

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I just sent an email out asking for interviews for coursework. Cassandra Clare and Christopher Little are two of the people I asked.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I can't decide if I like it or not. I think I need to start from the beginning.

The first few seasons are good. What I don't like about the recent seasons is the've changed A LOT. No Scott and Lou is what really ticks me off.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the fact I have to get up early, I would write tonight. I think I'm coming down with a cold as well.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
My nose is a bit blocked and my head hurts.

I'm still hoping to hit 20K this week.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I've just realised... there's no scene I'm excited about writing in Sticks and Stones now. :(

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
I just sent an email out asking for interviews for coursework. Cassandra Clare and Christopher Little are two of the people I asked.

Clare? There's an author interview I'd like to see! :D

I'm wary I'll hate her when she finishes The Infernal Devices because I get the sense that Tessa will fall for the "bad boy" in the end. As the good boy in real life, this type of ending inevitably pisses me off.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm wary I'll hate her when she finishes The Infernal Devices because I get the sense that Tessa will fall for the "bad boy" in the end. As the good boy in real life, this type of ending inevitably pisses me off.

Yeah, that seems pretty clear to me. Will is just a copy of Jace with a different hair colour, so no matter how much of a dick he is, the heroine will always end up with him. I'm so glad Will is here to rescue Tessa from a romance in which she's actually treated with respect. :rolleyes:

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
Define "nerd."

I only ask for a definition because the stereotype is that nerds tend to be socially inept, which I like to think I'm not.

But I'm insanely passionate about literature and storytelling, and I've done a boatload of formal study in the field to supplement my writing.

So if "nerd" is "not tall, athletic, abusive or neglectful", then yes, I am a nerd. :p

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I knoooow. I'm pretty sure Jem is going to die in the last book, thus letting Will and Tessa walk away into the sunset, presumably with Will calling her a whore and mocking her feelings for him at regular intervals. (Stay classy, Will.)

CharacterInWhite

Kind of a big deal
Registered
Reaction score
I knoooow. I'm pretty sure Jem is going to die in the last book, thus letting Will and Tessa walk away into the sunset, presumably with Will calling her a whore and mocking her feelings for him at regular intervals. (Stay classy, Will.)

I'd rather Tessa be a spinster than hook up with Will. =/

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'd rather Tessa be a spinster than hook up with Will. =/

At one stage I was quite liking the suggestion that Tessa should set up home with Jessamine. They could dazzle gentlemen by day and fight evil by night! It would have been awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.