Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently, I have decide to be ridiculous in interviews. Yeah.

:e2bouncey

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Once again I need an author's bio, and my usual one won't work for Love Sucks. Here I go.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Why doesn't your usual author's bio work? How much do you put in an author's bio? My editor asked for 300 words, which seems lengthy.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I got a contract in my inbox about half an hour ago.

I am so shocked, and so giddy *grins*

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Why doesn't your usual author's bio work? How much do you put in an author's bio? My editor asked for 300 words, which seems lengthy.
I didn't look at word count actually. Hmm... 68 words. 300 does sound long in comparison.

I usually have certain things in my novels that I mention at the beginning of my usual bio, but LS is the only novel of mine that doesn't have one of the two things, so it doesn't make sense as it was.

Wow, that was fast! And exciting!

Can you spoil us for the publisher? Rep?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm very nostalgic for my old stuff these days. I just kinda want to sit down and read all my old novels. Probably because I just read the LS galleys.

But I have too many other things to read in the next month, so I guess I'll see if I still feel like it after I read those.

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by

Ooh, congrats, p-dragon! :partyguy: (I was just thinking the other day that we haven't seen you on this thread for a little while.)

Spill! We want more details. Which story is this for?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
It's still a little early. I am looking over the contract today. I'll let ya know more when I'm sold/solid on it ;) Looks good though.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting nervous about the release, guys. And about reviews. Most books get pretty positive reviews before their release because they get ARCs that they give out to people who are more likely to be their target audience (or to people who they actually know). I felt ready for reviews, good and bad, until today when I started thinking of things I'm anticipating reviewers complain about. And you know it will be the thing I'm not anticipating at all (for example, my ex-agent hating Logan, which came out of nowhere) that will devastate me.

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
@Sage: I wish you all the best for your release. I can imagine how nervous you are, but I'll be it will be awesome! (There are ALWAYS haters, but don't mind them, they're probably just jealous or too into their own self-worth they put everyone else down ... at least that's what I tell myself, lol).

@Parump: That's awesome news! Hope you let us know soon, I'm so curious. Congrats!

Okay, folks, serious long-@ss day today: work, doc's appt, meeting, and hubby's birthday. No time for writing unfortunately ...

I wish you all a great day!

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Just remember to breathe, Sage. ;) (And the other bit of 'sage' advice - you have no control over those reviews, you can only control your reaction to them. We don't want 'Sagegate', okay? Lol. Relax - you'll be fine. :D)

:Hug2:

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
My family and friends, when I'm anxious, tell me to just breathe. Or I go to my Oasis which is a bookstore & read if I can. :D But I think you'll be fine. Do you get ARCS, Sage?

Morning everyone. I'm off to go shopping for a graduation dress with friends - cannot believe university/college is over in 2 weeks. Craziness! :eek:

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Parump!! Keep us posted!

Sage, I wouldn't worry about the reviews. I'm sure they'll be great. If you get bad ones though, remember no one likes everything and just ignore them. Just try to enjoy the fact you've got a book coming out, yay!!!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Just remember to breathe, Sage. ;) (And the other bit of 'sage' advice - you have no control over those reviews, you can only control your reaction to them. We don't want 'Sagegate', okay? Lol. Relax - you'll be fine. :D)

:Hug2:
lol @ Sagegate. I know better than to respond to a review (except positively, and even then I'd be scared to do it). I'm just worried I'll be heartbroken. Trying to psych myself up for them. I think I'll really be all right for the stuff I expect. I'll probably even be okay for the simple "I didn't like ____" reviews. The reason it was so jarring from my ex-agent was that his revision suggestion was that I cut the character out completely, but since he had offered rep on a book that featured the character for half of it, it was a pretty surprising criticism. I totally understand someone not liking one character or another or a plot point or whatever. I'm just worried about the thing that shocks me, really. The unexpected criticism.

My family and friends, when I'm anxious, tell me to just breathe. Or I go to my Oasis which is a bookstore & read if I can. :D But I think you'll be fine. Do you get ARCS, Sage?
Yes...in the sense that I will be able to download a copy. No in the sense that I'm not sure what I'm allowed to do about giveaways and stuff. I might know more when that's available to me. Right now I have a PDF of the galley that I had to approve.

Morning everyone. I'm off to go shopping for a graduation dress with friends - cannot believe university/college is over in 2 weeks. Craziness! :eek:
Are you sad? I cried for my entire last semester that college was almost over (no lie)

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Good reviews or bad, at least it will be people talking about your book.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
This is true. I don't want it to be like Fireflies/Absolute Visions, where there are no reviews at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.