Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I lived in California for almost 30 years. Washington and Taxachusetts have nothing on "the golden state" (yeah, all the gold's in the government's pockets at state, county, and local levels).

Oh, and they're practically bankrupt too. Wonder whose pockets all the money went into?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Uh, Ted...

You do realize that post is begging for the LA wackos to start whining and - actually, carry on. That's gonna be fun to watch.

:popcorn:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I've never had the burning desire to be served lunch by an actor.

Which is probably a bit harsh, but the stories from there don't inspire a great deal of confidence in the entertainment on offer. The one place that I keep thinking about visiting at some point is New York, which has theaters and libraries and museums and all kinds of wonderful diversions.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
While I am thankful that it is severe weather awareness week; sounding the tornado siren while it is windy as heck and dark clouds are moving back in, does not amuse me.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
While I am thankful that it is severe weather awareness week; sounding the tornado siren while it is windy as heck and dark clouds are moving back in, does not amuse me.

At least they work. A few years ago we had tornadoes on the ground and none of the sirens worked.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Plus, LA has some amazing car culture places, where some of the best custom cars are made.

The George Barris place? Not sure if he still has it, but he had James Dean's car - Little Bastard - on show for an age. And there's all the stuff he built for old television shows, like the sixties Batmobile and the Munster thing. That actually sounds like somewhere I could spend an entire day looking at cars, which isn't something I would normally think of doing.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

It is?

Wonder if that's why the siren went off here. They use the same siren for different things, and I can't ever tell which siren is supposed to stand for what.

All very confusing.

AnimatedQuestionMarkSmiley.gif

ASC McLaren

Intended for mature audiences
Registered
Reaction score
I also said it was awesome. I respect your convictions. Your blog is a fun read, I literally laughed out loud at some point reading each post. I just think that your regionalism would be better served if you lived in an awesome place, like I do.:tongue

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I also said it was awesome. I respect your convictions. Your blog is a fun read, I literally laughed out loud at some point reading each post. I just think that your regionalism would be better served if you lived in an awesome place, like I do.:tongue

When you write, do your stories take place in Washington?

ASC McLaren

Intended for mature audiences
Registered
Reaction score
When you write, do your stories take place in Washington?
Some, but I have also set sequences in Alaska (I use to live there) and Louisiana, where I have never been, but it fits the piece. I have a series that I am working out where the setting changes each "book" to keep one step ahead of the law.

My wife reminded me that I am required by RCW to tell you all that Washington has 385 days of rain a year, temperatures are mostly 40s and 50s year round and generally miserable. Twilight was set here. So stay out (especially if your from California).

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When there is finally a zombie outbreak in your neck of the woods, you're gonna be screwed. You know this, right? :D

No, I'm not.

Because I'm going to blow the bridges and hold up until winter, when they all freeze solid.

There's a reason Walking Dead is set down south, you know.

:D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Dude, read World War Z - when the waters thaw, those undead critters are gonna be lumbering around again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.