What song are you listening to

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
You Make Loving Fun by Fleetwood Mac

I still remember listening to this while bagging newly formed clay for my ceramic class.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Blue Turk - Alice Cooper

Tastes like roses on your breath and graveyards on your soul.

T. Trian

Banned
Reaction score
Clutch - Binge and Purge

Legend has it that some venues banned this song because the audience got so worked up and rowdy when the band played it. I read somewhere (no idea how reliable the source was) that once they started playing the song and the people running the place pulled the plug.

I can relate to the audience though; this is an excellent training song. It's a little over 6mins long so if I put it on repeat and listen to it 10 times, I get an hour's warm-up. I have 1-minute breaks, punch and kick the heavy bag for about 4mins at medium pace when the song is still building up, and the last 1-2 minutes when the aggression pours out of the headphones, I go all out and then do it all over again. It's a great start for a workout. :D

T. Trian

Banned
Reaction score
Stoner rock, T. Trian?

Something like that, I suppose, but Clutch is a pretty difficult band to label since they tend to morph into something else between every album. I've never seen them live but I've heard they are quite the jam band in a live setting.

Now listening to... Nurse With Wound - Bottom Feeder

The video is a cut and paste-work combining Jiri Barta's The Club of the Laid Off as well as one of his rare live action movies, The Last Theft (which is awesome, btw). Whoever did the video, did a great job, imo. And the song... the groove is just... wrong. :D But I love it. We (me and K. Trian) listen to a lot of NWW when we write some of the spookier bits. Salt Marie Celeste is great for that, a piece that lasts a tad over 62 minutes.