Supernatural (Warning: Spoilers)

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Rowena annoys me. She will take over Hell or some crap. Her being around to mutter things and manipulate Crowley makes him seem like an idiot. Bleh, just bleh.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Rowena must die. Period.

Cain's final monologue to Dean? Fantastic.

Everything else was okay. But I've sort of lost track of the point of this season. Er - grace for Cas? Heaven for angels? New prophet since possessed-Sam killed the last one? Seal Hell? Get Sam out of the Cage? (Hey, a girl can dream...)

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
The King of Hell, living in his mother's basement? That's just wrong.

Good point. What exactly is this season's storyline? Or did the story arc get thrown off by an early renewal?

So, how to fix Dean ... apparently passing the Mark onto someone else didn't help Cain, so that's out. Kill him and he'll just come back as a demon again. I suppose they could cut off his arm, but the CGI effects would get expensive. It's beginning to look like the only one with the power to help would be Lucifer, author of the original curse. Which would mean busting Lucifer out of the cage.

Girl, dreaming.

PS: Or we could have a Chuckus ex machina. Any votes for that?

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Girl, dreaming.
Oh. Oh, hey. Now THAT would be sweet. Especially since the musical ep casually mentioned that the brothers sort of left Adam in the cage, whoops...maybe they decide to let Lucifer and Adam out. Lucifer still needs a mortal agent, and of course Sammy would volunteer because He Can Control Lucifer Really and that way they could remove the Mark.

And then, once the Mark is gone (and the only one who could possibly destroy Lucifer is gone), Lucifer reveals that nope, he had been in control all along, Sammy's soul is repressed (because hey, if he can't fight off an angel, he sure can't fight off an archangel, especially a fallen one) and Lucifer starts End!verse. Cue angst!

Bonus: Michael may still be in Adam; maybe Adam is a shell of himself or batshit insane from being in the Cage.

Girl, dreaming bigly...

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Ptero and dragon FTW! :e2cheer:

The Mentalist, which had dived headfirst into the Well of Suck ever since Jane killed Red John, did the right thing and ended the series this week. I may have Tweeted @cw_spn that fact with "hint, hint" at the end.

"Chuckus ex machina" whould make an excellent usertitle. :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
No, johnny, I'm not. I only watched the 2-hour finale to see what they'd do with it. I fast-forwarded through a lot. The show simply lost it after Red John.

Candidate for Worst Line: Lisbon to Jane: "I have needs too." (Srsly, they had her character say that)

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished the latest episode and Ptero, I really think that's where they are headed with this. I had to read up on Cain in the Supernatural verse because I don't remember everything they've said about him, but the biggest thing to note is that Cain made a deal with Lucifer to save Abel's soul. Abel was under Lucifer's influence, so Cain traded his soul so Abel could go to heaven. There's an absolute perfect set up here for Sam to go all in to save Dean. Cas can't help, Crowley can't help, and there's no one left except for Lucifer.

Which would create a fairly incredible backtread for Sam, in that he would do this for Dean. This plus the writers' nudge that Sam is really in for it this back half of the season, Lucy is the next logical step.

Last edited:

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
As I watched this episode, I thought to myself, "Haven't we done the whole 'Sam tries to save Dean even though Dean is doomed' storyline in season 3?"

This was a decent Monster of the Week episode, but we shouldn't be in MotW at this point. Then again, season 10 hasn't really had a strong central arc, has it?

Oh, SPN. I want to fall in love again. I really do. But I'm losing that lovin' feelin.'

kimberlyFDR

Working On The Publishing Dream
Registered
Reaction score
As I watched this episode, I thought to myself, "Haven't we done the whole 'Sam tries to save Dean even though Dean is doomed' storyline in season 3?"

Exactly! I mentioned this in my Fandomania review of this episode:

Sam is still searching for an answer regarding the Mark of Cain and Dean is just wanting to enjoy what time he has left. Does this feel familiar to anyone? It should, since we went through the same actions when Dean sold his soul. Sam will always try to save his brother, and Dean will always try to prevent Sam from sacrificing himself to do it. I mean, I don’t mind that they will go to the ends of the Earth for each other, but for once I want them to break out and do something different.

I keep counting down the episodes and thinking that we're nearing the end, let's get on with some major storyline developments.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
I hope this doesn't end up like previous seasons, where we get week after week of filler and then they cram all the good stuff into the last three episodes.

The writers should be made to watch and study Season 4 (or any season of Buffy) to see how a season's done right.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I was so "meh" after the ep that I had no impetus to find this thread.

The show is now officially "that job I need to leave but am dragging my feet and making excuses because starting a new job so just too much of a PITA."

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
The last episode was just a sorry excuse for an episode. Add that to the Wendigo realm and let it die. Who came to the table with that idea? "Hey, people reacted well to the worm that infested people and had to be electrocuted out of body."

The only thing I can think of is that they're planning on using Cole for something important. (Please don't let it be a spinoff.) Because why the heck would they bring him back for such a crappy episode? Just to give his character a chance to say, "OMG, guys, I totes get you now?"

I imagine he gets paid less than Crowley and Cas per episode. Maybe they're running out of budget money. IDFK. Either way, this was a filler episode that was so useless I miss the fairies.

Oh, and I loathe it when they try to cram a season finale build up into 2-3 episodes. Fans know when it sucks and when the writers are avoiding answering certain questions. I remember this happening in BSG. The last episodes seemed less about the big plot holes (that should have been filled) and more about introducing NEW conflicts and NEW stuff and NEW characters.

Like Rowena. Just... why?

Last edited:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is that they're planning on using Cole for something important. (Please don't let it be a spinoff.) Because why the heck would they bring him back for such a crappy episode? Just to give his character a chance to say, "OMG, guys, I totes get you now?"

That, or just to drive home that we were supposed to care, because he's the only character left they could have brought in for such a "big" moment. And I say "big" moment because I think it was supposed to be one--a former enemy of Dean's acknowledging him a hero finally lets Dean accept his future. Sam not being able to save the guy solidifies his trek to do anything in his power to save Dean. It should have felt big, but it didn't.

We're bringing up the season 3 thing, and although Sam is sort of in the same place, I think Dean isn't. He's acting more like he's accepted his fate (and himself, maybe, in the first time since who knows how long). Nobody wants to go to hell forever. The mark? Sucky, but liveable until the nasty end.

Now that we've set this all up, though, the next episode had better make some progress toward whatever move Sam is going to make.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Now that we've set this all up, though, the next episode had better make some progress toward whatever move Sam is going to make.

That sure would be nice, but I'm doubting it.

Rowena needs to usurp Crowley. (Because that's all but been spelled out for us.) While it would be fun to see Crowley go "regular demon on the run" again, I'm over the Rowena storyline. She makes me miss leviathan Dick.

Then, maybe 1-2 episodes dealing with the mark. Unless they plan on having Cole take the mark? I am not sure.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The trailer for this coming Wednesday's ep, (all 20 seconds of it) affected me in two ways:

1. I remember the ep from S3(?) when the dead priest was appearing as an angel to people, Sam included, and charging them to kill evil people and Sam's horrific disappointment at the end that it wasn't an angel and perhaps Sam had lost his last hope of being saved from turning darkside. THAT ep moved me. I have zero hope that Wednesday's ep will do so.

2. When are they going to get nuns' habits correct? It's not that hard. The nun in the preview looked like she was wearing origami.

I miss the fairies too.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Coworker and I have the season-ending ep all worked out: Dean kills Sam because of the Cain and Abel curse. Dean kills himself out of remorse. Cas heads to Hell to save them but finally gets fed up with their codependent angst. Instead, Cas finds Meg, rescues her from Hell, and they finally have that pizza.

For the last 2 mins before the credits, Lucifer returns, ganks Crowley and Rowena. Chuck casts Metatron into Hell and sits back with a glass of single malt, feet on desk, watching a rerun of season 1, episode 1.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
Coworker and I have the season-ending ep all worked out: Dean kills Sam because of the Cain and Abel curse. Dean kills himself out of remorse. Cas heads to Hell to save them but finally gets fed up with their codependent angst. Instead, Cas finds Meg, rescues her from Hell, and they finally have that pizza.

For the last 2 mins before the credits, Lucifer returns, ganks Crowley and Rowena. Chuck casts Metatron into Hell and sits back with a glass of single malt, feet on desk, watching a rerun of season 1, episode 1.

Love it, especially the bolded. I'm indifferent about Metatron, but wouldn't THAT be a way to end the series: with Chuck getting all nostalgic about the boys' journey??

Did anyone see that Jim Beaver will be back as Bobby for a season 10 episode? I'd have to go scrounge up an article, but I saw it on Facebook.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Okay, Rowena ticks me off so much I muted the show after her first 2 sentences whenever she appeared. Do I gather the big reveal was the Men Of Letters supposedly stole the beginnings of their great storehouse of knowledge from these primal witches, thus giving Rowena an "in"? or another crowbar to use on Crowley? or this reveal somehow makes the Men of Letters not the good guys they claimed to be?

I couldn't bring myself to care. The origami habits ticked me off too. And the *yawn* reused climax from "Provenance" in S2(?).

They could make me care. I want to care again.