Status
Not open for further replies.

xC0000005

An exception has occured.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorjcnelson.com
I'm not ready for betas yet, but when I am, is this forum, or the Betas one the right place to go looking?

I'm editing my next fantasy novel and since it's the first time I've had a PoC MC, I'm (to be honest) deeply worried about not offending people about race with something I'm blind to. Not looking for a get-out-of-jail-free card, just someone who isn't me to say "You see this here? This is going to piss everyone off." or "This might piss people off." or "This will piss some people off, and you need to decide if that's acceptable."

I've read the stickies here, and while I found lots of useful information, I didn't see an obvious answer to this. (I"m sorry if it was clearly in post 1 and for some reason I missed it.)

Already did the "leave it out" pass, already went through and mucked with the characters to make sure I wasn't playing to sterotypes where I can see them, and so on.

Thanks, and if this belongs in the Betas forum and I shouldn't post here, feel free to lock/move/warn me. :D

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not the mod here, but my feeling is it should be in the Betas forum.

Whichever it is, it should probably be added to a sticky.

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
As someone who follows the room, I wouldn't mind if someone popped up here and pointed people to a request post in the beta forum, graciously expressing concerns and the desire for more POC eyes if anyone were so inclined. (I don't follow the beta forum so would personally be less likely to see a request there.)

I'm not a mod, though. :)

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
When I posted a request, I did so on the beta forum and added a link/short description to my signature. The signature thing will help bring in people who don't usually look to be betas.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
As someone who follows the room, I wouldn't mind if someone popped up here and pointed people to a request post in the beta forum, graciously expressing concerns and the desire for more POC eyes if anyone were so inclined. (I don't follow the beta forum so would personally be less likely to see a request there.)

I'm not a mod, though. :)

The mods don't mind! Wonderful idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.