Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I demand a photo showing the tie. How cute!

Maryn, now with cold feet (the literal kind)

charmingbillie

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning! Repped as I went so I think I'm caught up (sort of).

Got my new furnace yesterday. YAY! It is tiny! Also, it sounds markedly different than my old one which is a little freaky. But it heats and it's comfortable and I am happy. There was rust all through the old furnace, including the heat exchangers so new furnace plus the old furnace didn't go up like a torch says WIN! (tho my pocketbook is sad right now)

I have notes from my agent on book 3 so will be starting revisions this weekend. She brilliantly told me what the book was about so that's helpful. It also means the YA gets a break so maybe I'll figure out my plot problem by the time I get back to it.

Hope everyone has a great day and I particularly hope the NE purgies get a break from storms and power outages and myriad other problems. You deserve a break!!

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

((Kasey))

My neck hurts this morning. Second day in a row. I think I'm sleeping on it wrong.

I really must write, but I keep having all of this other stuff going on. This time, one of my best friends got diagnosed yesterday with the auto-immune disease I have. Well, her fiancee' is a f**ktard. Basically, he keeps saying that if she'd exercise more, she'd lose weight. This is a girl who watches what she eats, goes hiking, takes yoga classes, and goes to the gym, and keeps gaining weight.

He also doesn't believe I have this disease because "If you have that disease, you are really skinny." Completely confusing it with another auto-immune thyroid disease. And because she and I both have the disease, he thinks the doctor is a quack.

Uggh- people drive me nuts sometimes.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Morning all!

Lily, I second the demand for pics!

Sammy, your friends fiance sounds like a real keeper...wow.

Well, it's snowing sideways here, so instead of driving for at least half an hour to go see a German class, I'm skipping that and taking the bus to university instead. Because people here forget how to drive once the first snow comes down and I need my car. :tongue

Also, I may be with Lily and do the skirt and combat boots thing. Because hey, snow! We need grippy soles. :tongue

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Dys- yeah, he's one of those that comes off really nice at first, but over time, his true colors are showing. I hope she dumps his ass. Soon.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Weird body + gym-related thing I discovered this morning. I've been pretty good with 1+ mile on the elliptical twice a week. (Anything is better than nothing. That's my outlook.) Yet my jeans are not as loose around the gut as I expected.

Then it hit me: In my old gym, I would do the elliptical part and head right for the circuit training machines to put in some arm and crunch time. I've been skipping that. D'oh! No crunches on the old broad belly = no change in the old broad belly. Elliptical running does not affect those muscles.

This moment of enlightenment brought to you by Wrangler Jean skirts. :tongue

*waits for Lela's uproarious laughter*

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
CALEB LIVES!!!

Pics, Lily, or it didn't happen

Gas rationing starts in NYC today, for the first time since the oil shortage on the 1970s. It's run on an odd-even basis, odd days for license plates ending in odd numbers.

We have an odd numbered plate so I could've tried to get gas today, but I didn't want to risk it. So I went out last night/this morning at a little after midnight and found a gas station with a tanker truck filling it up. I quickly got on the line with my car. The station hadn't even opened, but a long line had already formed. I waited two hours, which isn't that bad, and was able to fill up my car.

There are also police officers at every open gas station directing traffic. It's crazy to see and contemplate, but it's necessary because there was no problems and no one tried to cut.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
((((Kasey)))) How sad and heartbreaking. I'm so sorry. :(

Steve, that's crazy times in NYC. I'm glad you were able to get petrol.

Not much happening here. About to attempt making tartar sauce from scratch for first time. Salmon fishcakes for tea.
Heard about a butcher having a stall at a local market. So went to check it out this morning. Made out like the proverbial bandit. Enough meat for 6 meals for a very good price. This makes me happy.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I remember a co-worker of mine in the 70s gas shortage who waited in line for about 90 minutes, then couldn't get more than 50 cents' worth of gas in her tank. Just a stupid twat panic-buying.

During that time is when I started car-pooling with my friend Dolly, and sometimes walking home when the weather cooperated. This was way before anybody sane walked for exercise, especially women, so I was quite the oddball.

Maryn, still qualifying

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Go Lily, with your cute quirky fashionable self.

Hugs to Kasey -- not enough in the world.

Hugs to Steve. This is one of those events that changes perception of the world by reminding us how vulnerable we are. The forces of chaos are never far.

Working on promo stuff -- offline stuff, the old-fashioned way. I think some of it will pay off but you never know. Right now I'll be happy for every reader I get.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
mornin' puglets,

trying to get too many things done
today on top of wordage.

we'll see what happens.

i'll be glad when this week is over, ha!

went to see the physical science doctor
about my shoulder and he said i'm just
more prone to injury because of hypermobility.
the joint simply is not as stable as a normal
person's. ah the joys of mutations. he did
give me some exercises to do to strengthen.

lily pie, every small thing DOES make a difference!
go you! hope you can bring the crunches and
some strength back into exercise.

i haven't had time this week.

tas, love no pants friday!

cuddles, that is crazy! stay safe.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Kasey))) Repped, but there are no words. I am just so very sorry for you and your family. More hugs.

(((Sammy))) What an @$$hat!

Steve, I haven't even attempted to get gas yet. I'm on a 1/4 tank now. :(

Thanks again for all the reps. I'm okay. I promise.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Gas rationing starts in NYC today, for the first time since the oil shortage on the 1970s. It's run on an odd-even basis, odd days for license plates ending in odd numbers.

We have an odd numbered plate so I could've tried to get gas today, but I didn't want to risk it. So I went out last night/this morning at a little after midnight and found a gas station with a tanker truck filling it up. I quickly got on the line with my car. The station hadn't even opened, but a long line had already formed. I waited two hours, which isn't that bad, and was able to fill up my car.

There are also police officers at every open gas station directing traffic. It's crazy to see and contemplate, but it's necessary because there was no problems and no one tried to cut.

This is insanity to me. I honestly can't imagine what would happen in LA if we had an infrastructure meltdown of that magnitude. Even the Northridge quake wasn't this debilitating!!!!

It's also amazing the way people are getting by. You north easterners are a hearty breed. ;) We'd have riots.

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
mornin' puglets,

trying to get too many things done
today on top of wordage.

we'll see what happens.

Since I'm out of the loop, do you all know about the massive YA author/reader event Xiao is co-organizing this weekend? There are like 20 authors, all converging on the SD area tomorrow. I can't wait!

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
((((Kasey))))) I said it on Twitter but it certainly bears repeating: I'm so very sorry, honey.

Steve, damn. Hang in there.

Hugs and high fives for anything I've missed. Pretty please rep me news if there's been any. It has been a CRAZY week and I'm determined to knock this rough draft out by the end of the week.

Love you guys. :)

SteveCordero

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
{{{Sammy}}}

Snappy, the rationing plan is supposedly cutting down lines so it might be easier for you on your alotted day.

I was at 1/4 last night and was approaching the need to do full grocery shopping since we lost everything in the fridge, so I made sure I got the gas now and not having to choose.

SteveCordero

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
This is insanity to me. I honestly can't imagine what would happen in LA if we had an infrastructure meltdown of that magnitude. Even the Northridge quake wasn't this debilitating!!!!

It's also amazing the way people are getting by. You north easterners are a hearty breed. ;) We'd have riots.

LOL, Blond. But, yeah, I agree with you. It's because of gross incompetence by the utility companies and our elected officials, mainly Bloomberg. Gov. Cuoma is raising hell, but he has to before fingers start pointing at him.

The adaptability thing for us north easterners is probably because of the wild swing of the weather here during the year. We go from freezing cold/blizzardly winters, to beautiful springs, to scorching hot summers, to beautiful fall, to freezing cold/blizzardly winters, etc. Heck, some of these changes can happen in a single day, with 30 degree temperature swings in a matter of hours. But now we have to add hurricanes to the list, which sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.