Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
:rant: So I thought I would take advantage of the post-Hallowe'en sales and get an Alice in Wonderland costume for next year on the cheap. I hit the 3 main online costume places.

Silly me! Why didn't I know that Slut-Alice is the only available way to dress up like that? Silly, silly me.

I can get a long blonde wig and black patent Mary Janes and white tights easily. Even a white frilly apron shouldn't be too hard. the blue dress with crinolines and puffy sleeves... that'll be a challenge.

Because you do not want to see a pic of me in a micro-mini that barely covers my hoo-hah, with a bustline cut down halfway to my navel, and these BOOKS in a push-up bra. Trust me. Some of those slutted-up costumes even had strategically placed lights on them!

If I were 20 years old... maybe. But now? :ROFL:

I foresee a few trips to Goodwill and the Salvation Army in my future.

/rant

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
:rant: So I thought I would take advantage of the post-Hallowe'en sales and get an Alice in Wonderland costume for next year on the cheap. I hit the 3 main online costume places.

Silly me! Why didn't I know that Slut-Alice is the only available way to dress up like that? Silly, silly me.

I can get a long blonde wig and black patent Mary Janes and white tights easily. Even a white frilly apron shouldn't be too hard. the blue dress with crinolines and puffy sleeves... that'll be a challenge.

Because you do not want to see a pic of me in a micro-mini that barely covers my hoo-hah, with a bustline cut down halfway to my navel, and these BOOKS in a push-up bra. Trust me. Some of those slutted-up costumes even had strategically placed lights on them!

If I were 20 years old... maybe. But now? :ROFL:

I foresee a few trips to Goodwill and the Salvation Army in my future.

/rant

I agree 100%. I went into our shop here this year looking for a fairy costume. Conversation with clerk:

Her: Can I help you find something?
Me: I need a fairy costume.
Her: Right over here.
Me: But a regular fairy. Not a 2-bit-hooker fairy.
Her: Oooooh. (walking, furrowing brow) Let's go see if we have anything...

I found ONE outfit out of three racks that my ass did not hang out of. It's sad. I originally wanted to go as rainbow brite, but there wasn't a non-whorish one of those, either. I have no recollection of my Rainbow Brite resembling a Bratz doll. And yet...

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
LOL. When did the hoochification of Halloween start? Ten years ago? Five?

It used to be you had a category of "sexy" costumes for women, but now all of them are, and worse, there are many for kids and teens.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
blondie, i've let SD puglets know!

i think blue definitely was going to try
and make it and gjb if he could. i'm bummed
as due to ordering and stocking issues, my
anthology won't be there.

disappointing but what can you do?

lily pie, seriously.

do you know what i had the hardest
time with? finding a ONE PIECE swim suit
for my sweet pea. she is almost 9 but
so slender i usually get her a size down, like
7 (last summer). there were REAL bikinis
and also tankinis. but the selection of one pieces
were like 10%.

it was so disappointing.

not only is all that baring of skin boggling,
but also, she is active and playing in the pool,
and bikinis and tankinis simply aren't practical.

lisa's editor edited a great book called
The L0lita Effect which is all about the
s3xualization of young girls in marketing.

what a FUN and EXCITING time to be raising
a girl.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pick any female cartoon character or story book character and I can find a skimpy Halloween costume for it. Some of them you might have to go to fetish sites but yeah trust me they ALL have their own ... interesting form.

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
lily pie, be relieved you don't have
a daughter. =(

so many things to worry about these
days. including social networking and the
internet. never mind the insidious culture
and media.

gone were the days when we just passed
notes, read, and played on the Apple IIe
all by ourselves. not much could go wrong there.

except when you couldn't kill the basilik
in the dark dungeon in The Bard's Tale.
that always sucked. ha!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
The sun rises over the distant hills. The earth rumbles. A bunch of bored Roman soldiers shit their skirts. Three women shit their dresses, then grumble about more laundry. Then the angel shows up. Hidden behind a tree, a multitasking doctor scribbles on a potsherd: "On the first day of the week, at early dawn..."

It's gonna be work, finding coordinating bracelets to hide these *!$#@! wrist scars.

:D

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay I'm going to vent something that's been bothering me it does revolve slightly around the election rather how people I know are behaving and how I feel. The majority of my family, the people I grew up with, classmates, etc are all in Oklahoma. The majority of them are VERY conservative. I'm fine with that. I don't agree with them but I don't have to, but I see people like my dad posting these borderline hateful messages and being so horridly negative on his facebook and how "godless everyone has become in this country" all because the man he wanted to win the election didn't... Part of me wants to say something but I know it's not worth the energy but I find it so bothersome. I really don't like my family but I am related to them. These are the people that I share very near genetic material with... And I see so much narrow minded hateful things from them and I sigh and wonder why I bother keeping in touch with them. I guess why I'm bothered is why i've always been bothered by my family ... obviously my life style choices will never be approved by any of them I will always be on the fringes of the family and only accepted because they have some weird obligatory feelings that they have to. I see these things and I want to ask them "so you feel I don't deserve a place in this country?"

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Caleb, don't get me started. My 75 year old aunt waded in on my FB the other day. Really pissed me the hell off because she doesn't get that my FB page is a place for me to expression my opinions. She accused me of disrespecting my family because I said something she thought they wouldn't like. Um, I'm 53 years old and entitled to say what I bloody well like.

There's be some absolutely hateful stuff turning up in my FB feed. Enough to provoke me to post something.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ug it's stupid. I told my family that started friending me on FB that "this is my page. You will see things you don't like and if you want to discuss it that's fine but don't argue with me." So what do they do? Instead of directly attacking me they post things on their pages alluding to things I said and condemning me that way.

Oh well... Life goes on and I'm 5 1/2 hours away from all of them.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
lol I've not gone to a family holiday event in.... 3 years and I've denied them visiting me on the holidays :2angel:

ETA: But I do go down and see all of them once a year.

Last edited:

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
OMG I clicked on that hello kitty link. HAHAHA EYE BLEACH, PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.