The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
YAY, Cin, for excerpts and writing and awesome events!

Boo for sucky moving, Lisa. (((hugs)))

*waves*

Busy weekend. I had SUCH a good time Saturday night with Rick and the gang. Rosie has this loveliest accent. I could listen to her talk for hours.

<--- is a total sucker for a British/Irish/Scottish/Australian accent. :D

Did the local turkey trot yesterday. I am SADLY out of shape. Yes, I was pushing the stroller and dragging my preschooler behind, but damn. 51 minutes for a 5K? Oy. Hubs, OTOH, finished third in his age group. :) Proud of him.

I am sore today. Got up early and trotted out to the local @pple store in search of oldest's Christmas gift anyway. We're (under protest from hubs, but I so don't give a damn) getting her an iPad mini. In case anyone else wants one of these things, they were already sold out at my local store. I ordered it online, est. delivery 12/3 already! So don't wait. :) She is going to flip her shit when she opens that. I'm more excited for Christmas as a mom than I ever was as a kid. I can't wait to see her face. She would NEVER ask for such a thing, which of course makes me more determined to get it for her. Her Santa list this year consisted of:

1. Gifts for Angel tree kids
2. Peace and joy for everyone
3. Building blocks I can play with my little brother and sister

She says "that way Santa can spend time on other kids' gifts."

This is totally where hubby lost. He'd been arguing that it was too expensive a gadget for her. After this, I said "I'm going to get her the damn iPad." He just nodded and handed over his CC. :D

Yay for holiday joy!

Sunna, love the idea of buying on etsy. I'm going to look for stuff on there. That's brilliant! :)

Must get some words in today. 3K on Saturday, 0 yesterday. Need to get going. My draft is not going to finish itself. (Right? I there an app for that I don't know about? :D )

Happy week before Thanksgiving, y'all!

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Cindy, thanks for coffee. :D

Lwalker, you're oldest kiddo is officially awesome! That's such a sweet list to Santa.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hola, Senor Caleb!

Maryn, curiously Spanish

That reminds me. So girl wonder that has me all wrapped up... She's in PR (raised there, moved to states, moved back to PR to help her mom out after her dad died will be moving back to states in less then 2 years) anyway. I can't speak Spanish or understand it verbally but I can usually understand bits and pieces of it in written format. So she sends me various websites to look at that are in Spanish and I usually can get the gist of it. NOW every other ad on youtube for me is in Spanish.

The internet ad software are super crazy scary monsters.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1. Gifts for Angel tree kids
2. Peace and joy for everyone
3. Building blocks I can play with my little brother and sister

She says "that way Santa can spend time on other kids' gifts."

lwalker you have a young little saint there.

Last edited:

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Just have to tell everyone that Xiao did an AMAZING job organizing the YA book event in San Diego on Saturday. One of the best I've attended in recent memory.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that's because xiao is xiawesome. (Groan.)

Speaking of Etsy, I ordered some really cheap earrings over the weekend, from a seller in Hong Kong. I had no special instructions or anything, but I like to fill in something nice for the artist, so I wrote something along the lines of how difficult it was to pick what I bought because so many were really quite nice.

Not only have they shipped already, arriving not in 21 days but expected in 6 (from Hong Kong!), but I got a message from the artist telling me s/he gets so discouraged when sales are slow and was more grateful than I could know for the kind words.

It just made my day. I'd been in a kind of funk, with most of the things I'm trying to do going poorly, so making someone feel worthwhile made me feel better myself.

Maryn, shrugging

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
huggles blondie!

it was NOT just me! everyone who
helped including librarians were fabulous.

i'm relieved it's over. ha!
i think i'm incapable of relaxing at
these things if i'm helping to organize.
but i still had a good time when i
wasn't running around.

maryn i love etsy!

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
No way I'm going to catch up.

Hugs to those who need them.

Brain is fried.

Did get a lovely review today for Lord of Endersley, if anyone's interested.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
That was a great review, Fire!

*waves to Blond as she zooms through*

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
*waves*
I am trying to write an insane amount of words between now and Sunday so will catch up later.
I'm sitting at the orthodontist waiting to hear the total for younger kiddo. The year break from payments went by too fast!

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Xiao is of the awesome <3

cool review Fire :)

WOOT! Yay Maryn :)

Pls send good j@b interview vibe$. I have one on Thurs. I rly rly rly want the job. It's awesome and yea, I rly want it :(

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
:gaah The Christmas shoppers are out.

Had to get kiddo a winter coat, since he outgrew his old one. *hugs the Internet*

Came home to kitten purrs--he was in his "Mom! Mom! Mom!" stage. Well, for about a minute, till the Orange Beast crossed his field of vision and he was all "Mom! Mo-- Big Cat! Gotta see what Big Cat is doing! Down! Down!" :tongue

So tired. Might read online manga all night.

Little, *vamp dust*!

Yay for a good review, fire!

Amarie, I hope the numbers are smaller than you anticipate.

Must clean supper dishes.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since I went to the liquor store today, would it be really so bad to open a merlot just by myself?

Yeah, I thought so.

Maryn, listening to the wind picking up

moonfairee

Registered
Reaction score
Feeling anxious. I have a big project set to launch on Thursday, which may or may not be my official book release day. And I think I'm going on sub this week.

Best of luck with the launch, release and the sub!!! Many fingers crossed for you :)

Emerging from lurkdom with :e2fairy:*fairy dust* for everyone on sub.

YAY!! Thanks :) Much needed encouragement and magic dust.

oh, i forgot!

for those who want to procrastinate, fotos
have been posted on fb of our event:

https://www.facebook.com/YaInTheSun?ref=ts&fref=ts

LOVE the photos! Looks like a lot of fun :)

LWalker, that Christmas list is too sweet for words.

Fire, congrats!!!

Me: woefully behind on NaNo, but determined to catch up.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my launch is now December 1, Moonfairee, but thanks! This week is too crazy anyway -- but I AM going on sub tomorrow! Can anyone spare some G-rated vamp dust? Thank you.

Maryn, open that merlot.

Amarie, my dentist has been pushing me to take my 7-year-old to the orthodontist for the past year. Haven't done it yet -- seems so early but I guess they do some kind of palate thing young and braces later. I don't know if I trust it because Jeff's cousin, who is now in college, had it, and her teeth are very weird. I think they were over-corrected or something so I don't trust it.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the sweet words for my little girl, y'all! She's pretty cool. :)

Moon, I am also very behind. But I have to get caught up. Got distracted today by the arrival of e-ARCs!!! :) I really am hitting it hard tomorrow, though.

Kell, A has been going to the orthodontist since first grade. MAJOR crowding issues. I think it depends entirely on the talent of the doctor. Our guy is amazing, and has saved us a couple of big problems already. Her canines were in danger of becoming impacted or erupting through the top of her gums, and we've thankfully avoided that with his help. He still says she "may" need braces on the top teeth, but he can't say for sure until a few more come in. Good luck! :)

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
I know, Lwalker, I have to do it or I will regret it! I'm worried about a different tooth problem for them -- opposite of crowding. My husband has congenitally missing top lateral incisors. Daughter has not lost her baby teeth in those spots so I suspect she may have the same thing. Apparently it's pretty common -- I have another friend with the same condition -- but it does require braces, implants, veneers, etc.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I total killed the thread last night!

Good morning, all you busy bee Nanoers who were writing diligently.

Sub day! Getting my editor list today. Did somebody see a gutterfly go by?

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Some good news- I just found out that my vamp book is slated for an early 2013 release. :)

Now, I just need to get cracking and finish this W.I.P. so I can start hunting agents with it.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk!

Doing the lovely insurance enrollment at the real jobs this month, and figured out that if we switch to hubby's insurance, we're going to be saving about $150 a paycheck, for the exact same coverage. Don't know about you, but an extra $300 a month sounds awesome. And it's all part of my "someday, Tas won't have to have a REAL job" plan.

So many new release dates to keep track of! So excited for everyone.

That's all I got right now.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, Kell, and Sammy! Exciting for both!

And today I find myself back to square one. Four days before my closing on the cottage, four days mind you, I get a call saying my buyer was not approved by her lending bank. How could this happen? Her bank did an appraisal, and issued her title insurance and gave us a closing date. Second time I've wasted time with buyers.*bottled scream*

Status
Not open for further replies.