Not open for further replies.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning cantinas :Sun:

So far today I have managed to not step in anything, not have anything hurtle from the ceiling and keep my breakfast down while backreading the thread. Result.

So far this week I have written 26 words. this is the pits really. Must do something - perhaps take own advice and stick butt in chair hmm?

Tea first, and lots to do on house. Er, hurrah.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Morning cantinas :Sun:

So far today I have managed to not step in anything, not have anything hurtle from the ceiling and keep my breakfast down while backreading the thread. Result.

So far this week I have written 26 words. this is the pits really. Must do something - perhaps take own advice and stick butt in chair hmm?

Tea first, and lots to do on house. Er, hurrah.

My word count has been pathetic so far, too. Back to BICT time is my vote. I'll be there, too, whenever you stop wasting your time on silly things like food, hygiene and home maintenance ;)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
My word count has been pathetic so far, too. Back to BICT time is my vote. I'll be there, too, whenever you stop wasting your time on silly things like food, hygiene and home maintenance ;)

You mean I'm looking at things the wrong way around? :e2steer:

I'm thinking you're right. Well, of course, you're always right, but in this you're even more right. Right.

There's a song in there somewhere - I take all the blame if anyone spends the next three days singing it. Talking of which, someone mentioned 'Misfit Land' yesterday and I spent ages warbling away at Bedsitter by Soft Cell. My brain is weird.

Now I'm rambling.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
You mean I'm looking at things the wrong way around? :e2steer:

I'm thinking you're right. Well, of course, you're always right, but in this you're even more right. Right.

There's a song in there somewhere - I take all the blame if anyone spends the next three days singing it. Talking of which, someone mentioned 'Misfit Land' yesterday and I spent ages warbling away at Bedsitter by Soft Cell. My brain is weird.

Now I'm rambling.

Shh...Don't worry about the rambling. I've been rambling a lot the past couple of days, and folks here have been very kind to pretty much ignore the worst of it. You'll be fine.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
OKAY. This will be in white for anyone who has an especially delicate stomach today. It's not that bad if you've ever hung around with 5 year olds. And I think most Cantinaites can handle it. But you have been warned....

My MC frequently screws with arrogant snobs by pulling a little "duh, I'm a disgusting slob of an idiot" act. This time he very blatantly picks his nose and flicks the booger onto a drunk lordlings cheek to provoke him.

There is a point to this. I promise.

I discovered a sad thing about our society in general, and the wonderfulness of AW in my quest for a synonym. I'm writing a fantasy plus. I felt that booger was a very American present day idiom so I went to the thesaurus.com site to get a better word. Guess what. No entry for booger of the snot type. They have an entry for F**K but none for booger. Interesting priorities.

Hmmm....

Google is your friend. I googled "synonyms for booger", #1 result?

A link to the Water Cooler. Unfortunately, all the suggestions fall short of booger, so I will keep that for now. Unless one of you has a suggestion?

End of whited out material. So, how about them *insert whatever team you like*

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

Despite what my fat, pregnant, tired body thinks, I'm going to do SOMETHING productive today. Either cleaning or editing. I have a feeling it will be editing considering I can do that sitting down. I can always make Mr. Kricket clean for me when he comes home.

Hi all. Hey I'm beginning to get a little nervous about Kricket's review of my book..........................

I enjoy being brutally honest. You have been warned ;)

ION, 2 yr old can be cute. We're watching Thomas the Train while he plays with his Dinosaur Train with Cars inside. He's very happy and that's all that matters.

:D

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
It's Friday here too!

I finished editing a manuscript for the pub I'm editing for and typed up the editorial notes for the author. I always feel like starting off with DON'T PANIC in large friendly letters.

Tomorrow, I think, will be all about writing my own stuff. I have some smutty paranormal romance to finish and get out to an editor. Who will probably send me back a letter with DON'T PANIC in big friendly letters at the top...

*sings* The ciiiircle of liiiiiife..."

oh yea been there several times with those words.... >.<

GreenEpic

...because you don't know yourself
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so proud of me. I actually put on make-up for my morning shift.

No, the tips won't double. But the mirrors won't be avoided. This is good.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so proud of me. I actually put on make-up for my morning shift.

No, the tips won't double. But the mirrors won't be avoided. This is good.

Congrats! You're doing better than me. I stay in my PJs all day unless I HAVE to go somewhere. I know, I'm so lazy it's scary.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I WAS having a good writing morning. then my mother's Alzheimer's decided to raise its ugly head. she's been a mess since about ten minutes after my last post.

the whole business makes me want to scream, tear my hair out, curse God, or kill something small and fluffy.

Can I just take a pillow and fluffy blanket, and go camp out in the E-Z Freeze for a while? All I need is some hot chocolate, some cookies, and some Insta-Thaw for Dean Winchester.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That sucks June. Have you looked into any coping with family with Alzhiemers info?? I know second hand how hard it is from watching my grandma deal with my grandfather before he passed.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
That sucks June. Have you looked into any coping with family with Alzhiemers info?? I know second hand how hard it is from watching my grandma deal with my grandfather before he passed.

Not yet. I rather thought, with three of us sisters, plus husbands, plus three adult children, we had enough hands to handle it. I didn't calculate on being the No. 1 designated monkey for 90% of the work.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Not yet. I rather thought, with three of us sisters, plus husbands, plus three adult children, we had enough hands to handle it. I didn't calculate on being the No. 1 designated monkey for 90% of the work.

Hugs Junie.

Both of my great-grandmothers on my mom's side had it. Luckily, not at the same time as my grandparents took care of them.

The bad part is that I know my mom will probably have it. And guess who will be responsible for her care. Not that the other siblings won't help out, but they've never worked in healthcare, nor are mentally capable for all of the decisions that will have to be made at some point.

HUGS hon

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
The latest problem with Mom.

She takes about nineteen different sorts of meds. She keeps them all very neatly in a box in her room, and normally is very on top of things. But once the dementia hit, she started obsessing over those meds, sure she's going to run out. I have counted them out for her, showing her that she has plenty, every morning and night for days and days.

I don't mind doing it once. I don't mind doing it a hundred times. What I hate is the look of panic in her eyes when she thinks she's forgotten/lost/failed to get those medications.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
:Hug2: June. That's really rough.

My 94-year old grandmom suffers from bouts of memory loss and dementia. It's really heartbreaking sometimes.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

A link to the Water Cooler. Unfortunately, all the suggestions fall short of booger, so I will keep that for now. Unless one of you has a suggestion?

I'm weird, so I looked up the word origin. Dictionary.com has a reasonable aggregator for definitions that include word origin.

Looks like booger as nasal mucus is from about 1890. Boogers can also be boogymen, which is a bit earlier, probably from bogy.

Why not nose mucus? Mucus has a 1660-ish origin (from Latin).

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
*huge hugs for June*

I swear I almost cried when my alarm went off this morning.

The end of the day can't come fast enough. I'm nearly voiceless and conducting phone interviews for job candidates at work. I didn't want to reschedule them because they're all antsy about the job, but a scratchy whisper doesn't come across the phone well.

Just ready to be done and home doing things that don't require a voice. Like writing. Or reading. Or watching whatever's up on the Netflix streaming queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.