The Fangster Summer of Doom--now with more pancake! (Volume II)

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to undo the bad habits I've fallen back onto over the last year or so. It hasn't been easy, especially when I see the ways my system is starting to protest.

I try too...but then I realize how much fun they were and how much I miss them and give in. Pffft...will power. Meh.

I'm not really here, but I'm here just to say "hi." Life is still chaotic trying to take care of my dad and stuff.

:(

:e2arms:

Hang in there SM.
We'z here for ya.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Well. At last, Aetna has FINALLY approved my surgery. It took a heroic effort on the part of my surgeon and his staff at OSU, but apparently the insurance asshats were cowed enough to cave--seeing as on Thursday, they were talking denial again.

So, you guys won't see me for a while. :( I am taking my tablet to the hospital with me, so I'll probably pop in from time to time to whine or to ramble on while drugged. I'll be at the Wexner Medical Center at Ohio State University for probably a week, and then back home for a long time of body brace, not moving, not sitting up, not even doing PT for about four months. And taking two months off from Musa will make me VERY bored.

So, I'll miss you guys. *sniff*

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
SRSLY, break a leg, Celina. See you when you get back. In two months. Whilst following doctors' orders all the time. :D

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For those of you that haven't heard, Celina's come out of surgery and is now in recovery probably asking for her red pen and laptop. The surgery was a success and she'll be in recovery for another hour and a half or so.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
For those of you that haven't heard, Celina's come out of surgery and is now in recovery probably asking for her red pen and laptop. The surgery was a success and she'll be in recovery for another hour and a half or so.
Good news, Ben. Thanks for sharing.

AJ Valliant

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ajvalliant.com
You are cordially invited to a civilized fete of decorum and dignity.

Nay, this is more than a refugee camp for Fangsters and Ne'er Do Wells. It is a foray into the open waters of AW's most shallow pond.

A special welcome to the sodden evacuees of Meeting House.

Please, perch delicately on the chair and nibble a crumpet.

Let me assure you that you will feel quite at home here.

It is like our former abode, but with more kitteh and less angst.

I can't eat crumpets, it sounds too much like an oldetimey pejorative. I feel like I'm swearing, lamely.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know Miss M is recovering, but how is the rest of the fang-gang? I'm up to chapter seven on my WIP. That's more then I've written, ever.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm barely keeping up with the promo work I need to do for BINSIDLY because of this overtime at work. I've been doing 5 to 15 hours a week since, oh, NOVEMBER. It's finally showing signs of abating but we'll know for sure tomorrow (which is what I was told yesterday and the day before that and the day before that, etc.)

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
I'm three chapters from the end of ALLEGIANCE, the third book for my Tor series. This one has been like pulling teeth, but I'm pleased with the results. I should be able to send this off to my editor in March.

Oh and we started the process for buying a house.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Finishing the first draft of a contracted long short story, editing novella #3, promo stuff, planning the next writing project, already freaking out over going to the Romantic Times con in April. Also job stuff and, like Jerz, reassessing things.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Just got home from the hospital and am lying on the couch. I am doing very well and I am going to be completely off from Musa until I can pick up my laptop. So I plan to do some world building and maybe read for fun. Just to be different. Thanks for all the good wishes guys. I really appreciate them and all of you. :)