American Horror Story

Tanglewood

Registered
Reaction score
Johnnygottakeyboard said:
By having Tate be the Rubber Man.

I could be wrong, but I've got a funny feeling that this was revealed a few episodes ago. Am I misremembering?

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
no i never saw that coming!!! I gasped and started freaking out when i found out the rubber man was Tate! I kind of liked Tate up until now.

How messed up is that for Violet, her ghost boyfriend just impregnated her mom and will be the father of her siblings... WEIRD!!!

Tanglewood

Registered
Reaction score
So if they were to get married, she'd be her own little sister's grandmother?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well if Tate and Violet got married she would be her twin siblings step- mom and sister. And Violets mom would be her own kids grand mom and mom

If Tate and Violets mom got married... Violet would just a half sibling.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
So yeah, I kind of yelled at the TV when we saw the Rubber Man revealed. Just....ew....

But I loved getting more of the backstory on Original House Owner Chick (I can't remember her name, but the one who wants her baby back), and finding out why people keep dying. And the additional details of the murders of Pat and Chad were kind of heartbreaking.

Having Vivian committed was awesome. I feel more sorry for all the ghosts in the house than the annoying humans.

(Although on a completely surface level, loved seeing Zachary Q in that latex suit.)

Tanglewood

Registered
Reaction score
amlptj said:
Well if Tate and Violet got married she would be her twin siblings step- mom and sister. And Violets mom would be her own kids grand mom and mom

And that wouldn't even be the weirdest thing in the show. Awesome :)

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I've got a funny feeling that this was revealed a few episodes ago. Am I misremembering?

Violet ran into him wearing the suit, I think in the same episode that Viv was impregnated. But it wasn't directly implied that he was the same person as Rubber Man. It was set up more as a fake-out.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying not to think about the Violet and Tate situation in connection with the Viv and Tate situation.

The reveal at the very beginning left me with so many questions followed by air-retching.

Yeah it was pretty much put in our faces that Tate was rubber man when he scared Violet in the basement -- I'm thinking the second episode where he was also hinted at being a ghost. And again on the Halloween episode when he stood behind Violet as that half-burned man harassed Ben from outside the front door. But then Quinto's character donned the suit as well, but he obviously wouldn't have impregnated Viv. I'd like to think, at least.

How is that even possible; a ghost knocking up a human? Things are so warped now.

I could care less about the original woman crying all over the place about her baby. Ben's mistress makes me want throw something across the room at her. Moira kinda redeemed herself in this episode but I could care either way.

I liked the gay couple and felt for Quinto's character, oh man that was just wrong.

Tate can't blame all his actions and problems on "mommy issues". He just took things to another level. I'm surprised he's attracted to Violet so and not Viv -- just for the fact that she's an older woman.

Ghosts have way too much power in this show. Sure they're trapped in Murder/Hell House, but they can move among the living and be seen and touched whenever they want. Or some can like Tate and Moira.

It was still a great episode of course. I just wanna know the why's of what has all happened.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
this show is sucking me in more and more with every showing. IT just gets more twisted and screwed up... God i really hope Violet doesnt find out that her ghost boyfriend knocked up her mom, because i think that is just the kind of Jerry Springer shit that will push her over the edge and cause her to kill herself.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
The Black Dahlia? They really went there? Interwove it like that?

I was obsessed with that case when the movie came out. Wow.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
This show is like an acid trip. And the ghost collection is becoming a "who's who" of "did I see them on some tv show/movie a while ago" actors and actresses. And I mean, Mena Suvari and Joshua Malina are dead in the house now?

I'm fascinated with how two-faced Ben is being about the twins. I cheated on my wife, so let's fix our marriage. My wife cheated on me, so now she's a horrible evil person I will hate forever. WTF??? Jerk.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but aren't you glad he's starting to see things "as they are"? i.e. Moira.

I was wondering when that was going to happen. I wanna know who's gonna get the half-ghost baby. (still hung up over that whole concept)

It was refreshing to have Constance back. I wasn't expecting her to go off on Tate like that, but it was good.

I reeeaallly hate Hayden. Just can't express that enough. Would like for her to go away, but I guess she comes in handy for screwing up Ben and Vivien's relationship even more and stirring up crap among everyone.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
And really, the house is teaming with ghosts at this point. Enough already. Let's (pardon the expression) flesh out the ones we have, not keep adding more each week.

And they also did stray into Omen territory...O man.

Eh, I'm still a huge fan.

This. All of it.

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
Yeah, it is getting a bit crowded, but as long as they're crowding up the place with the likes of Mena Suvari, I'm kinda okay with it.

Good to see Ben outside of the house for a change. It's becoming the only way we can confirm a character is still alive.

For example, it's been a while since we've seen Violet leave the house. Any theories?

One thing I'm confused about is how many of the murders have been committed by ghosts. I thought the house's schtick was to drive the owners into murdering sprees.

Wasn't sure about the show at first, but it's really turning into a favorite.

Macca

Registered
Reaction score
All in all, a bit bonkers this TV prog. However, despite being a bit all over the place, it's keeping me interested - with a few shocks too. Also, I think it has referenced nearly every horror movie of the past 50 years in the course of the first 6 episodes or so. And Jessica Lange is just superb.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it is getting a bit crowded, but as long as they're crowding up the place with the likes of Mena Suvari, I'm kinda okay with it.

Good to see Ben outside of the house for a change. It's becoming the only way we can confirm a character is still alive.

For example, it's been a while since we've seen Violet leave the house. Any theories?

One thing I'm confused about is how many of the murders have been committed by ghosts. I thought the house's schtick was to drive the owners into murdering sprees.

Wasn't sure about the show at first, but it's really turning into a favorite.

Good point; two weeks was mentioned since, I think. Anything could've happened in two weeks. Though Tate is determined to keep her safe.

All in all, a bit bonkers this TV prog. However, despite being a bit all over the place, it's keeping me interested - with a few shocks too. Also, I think it has referenced nearly every horror movie of the past 50 years in the course of the first 6 episodes or so. And Jessica Lange is just superb.

AGREED.

cherita

Registered
Reaction score

Seconded. Or would it be thirded? But yeah, this show is so all over the place, it is a little nuts. I mean, the Black Dahlia? Okay... but I love it! I think the over-the-topness of it and the blatant referencing of every horror trope ever are part of what make it so entertaining. It's like one extended inside joke for horror fans, with panache and style. And Jessica Lange is amayzing.

I reeeaallly hate Hayden. Just can't express that enough. Would like for her to go away, but I guess she comes in handy for screwing up Ben and Vivien's relationship even more and stirring up crap among everyone.

I totally hate her too. Someone somehow needs to disappear her -- I don't like her brand of conflict at all. She's definitely not a character I love to hate. Instead, I cringe when she's on, and she's featured more and more.

So, a random observation: the house seems to draw in doctors who work from home. What's up with that?

Poetic_Justice

Pondering affirmation
Registered
Reaction score
So, a random observation: the house seems to draw in doctors who work from home. What's up with that?

It's the study. :p

To be truthful though, I'm not entirely sure, but you're right. That house does have the habit of pulling in doctors... and pulling in doctors who aren't quite right, if you know what I mean.

I've been lurking around this thread for awhile, but I'm finally answering now. As far as the two weeks thing, I think Violet is dead. I've thought this for awhile now. I'm sure other people have thought this too. I'll be really surprised if she's not, to be honest.

I also really liked how in the end of that last episode, Moira's all You're starting to see the bigger picture, ben.

I really love this show so far. It's probably one of my favourite on tv. (And I know I haven't added much into the theories/speculations going on) but I felt now was as good a time as any to pop in and say hello.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Good time to pop in Poetic_Justice, might I say that your username just goes with the show of topic :D

I never would've came to that conclusion about Violet being dead this early on without this thread. Makes a lot of sense with all her attempts. Maybe Tate didn't save her in time during the bathtub scene. That would be sad, Viv and Ben losing one child...as another comes into the world. Maybe.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
As far as the two weeks thing, I think...

AAAAAAAH.

But...if Violet is dead, why aren't she and Tate in their afterlife version of Happily Ever After? Perhaps she, like Tate, is unaware of being dead?

And...if Violet really is dead, I'd think that would be too irresistible for Hayden to pass up. She'd rub that in Ben's face, wouldn't she?

Given that Violet has been a cutter for a while and then attempted suicide at least once, maybe she's just depressed and thus isn't leaving the house.

cherita

Registered
Reaction score
Given that Violet has been a cutter for a while and then attempted suicide at least once, maybe she's just depressed and thus isn't leaving the house.

This is what I think, combined with the fact that recent storylines haven't been about her. I think in a show that's so much about the house, I'd imagine it's hard to have characters who aren't essential to that episode's storyline frolicking outside just to assure us they're still alive. Or maybe that's just what I want to believe, because otherwise I'd be so disappointed if that's the choice they went with.

Poetic_Justice

Pondering affirmation
Registered
Reaction score
DragonJax, that could very well be true, but at the same time, if If Violets dead, it's a good possibility no one knows. Though. This would make you wonder what did happen to the body, but at the same time there are so many ghosts around there that know what to do with a corpse.