NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Going to bed with 21,101 total, 7090 for today.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to edit poems for Uni. Making small changes, but I think they're about as good as they're going to get...

Still no fiction written. Poem deadline is sooner than NaNo deadline, so yeah...

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
You all make me sooo jealous! I'm only at 4700 at the end of day 4. In my defense though, the first couple of days I had a very sick little munchkin who pretty well monopolized my time and made it impossible to write more than a few hundred words. I still have time to catch up, and I always do better closer to deadlines anyway. The panic makes me write faster :tongue

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't write anything yesterday.

Today I have written 2,011 words of Non-Nano fiction. Will start writing Nano soon.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having to completely scrap my WIP. No inspiration for it at all. I mean, I like the idea and will come back to it later on but just not now.

so with 25 days left, I'm going to start the story I've been planning for ages and seem to have much more inspiration for.

So current word count - 0

Camilla Delvalle

Dreaming of other times
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having to completely scrap my WIP. No inspiration for it at all. I mean, I like the idea and will come back to it later on but just not now.

so with 25 days left, I'm going to start the story I've been planning for ages and seem to have much more inspiration for.
Sounds like a good idea, and with 25 days left you have plenty of time to finish it.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Good work everyone! :e2cheer:

I hit 11,110 last night. My time off is done, though, so I have to get used to not having the extra "up way too late" time :tongue

Jiloa

On Purpose
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at about 15k, and I'll be starting to write for day 5 as soon as I get away from all the boards...

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
Slightly over 13,000:hooray: Bit behind where I want to be though and I'll not get too much written in morning. Whole family is off so, doing some Christmas shopping. Have to catch up later on;) My other site is offline so least I shouldnt be too distracted:roll:

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Don't want to jinx it but I'm on a roll.

From starting afresh some few hours ago, I'm now at about 3k. Going to keep going for a few more hours. Feel inspired. Even with damn fireworks going off outside.

Storm Surge

Surfin'
Registered
Reaction score
Think I've made it up to about 8500. Hard to say for sure since it's mostly being written on a typewriter.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
3,524. Slow writers, unite!! ;)

glad I'm not the only one JustifiedBagel!

And here I was just about to ask if the pressure of every day life and a daily word count was starting to wear people down. But I'm thinking users saying they have 20k and over 50k is my answer to that question...

I'm at a meager 7,009 words at Day 5. Wrote about 788 of them tonight in the past hour (I have a job 9-6, I can't write during the day). I don't know why it seems my brain is working in slow motion tonight...maybe fall back? maybe I'm thinking into this too much?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Did another editing pass on the poems. Planning on doing at least 3 more passes today. Deadline is approaching, and I'm not happy with all of them... Some won't change much, but the others might change a fair bit.

0 words of fiction so far. Good thing I'm aiming for 20-25k to finish a WIP! Not sure I'd be able to do 50k now.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Have done 3 editing passes on the poems today. I'm going to do one more, then try to relax for the rest of the day.

I think I'm going to submit them tomorrow, a day early, just so I can get them out of mind.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Stopping at 23,000 total, 1899 for the day.