Braggage III

Dani79

Registered
Reaction score
Website
daniellengales.com
Thanks. :)

Nicely done on the HH story, Peter. And Bats too, for your drabbles a couple of pages back. I'm always amazed when people can write such succinct but satisfying stories. Doubt I'd be able to do it in a million years.

V1c

Hmmmmm
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Dani and others I've missed! Let's keep this place rockin'!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Dani!

I got an acceptance from DSF last night for "The Sevent Habits of Highly Effective Monsters" fantasy humor flash. This will be my 11th story at DSF!

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Dani!

I got an acceptance from DSF last night for "The Sevent Habits of Highly Effective Monsters" fantasy humor flash. This will be my 11th story at DSF!

Wow! That's awesome!

ACFantasy

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Dani!

Congrats to you too, Alex. I see the ongoing effort to make the site into Daily Shvartsman Fiction is continuing apace! :)

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats pdichellis and Dani! And also, again, Alex. I love the title Alex, so I look forward to seeing that one arrive in my email.

Today, I heard I've made my first resale. Kasma SF will publish 'The Kyne Extraction' as their September story. This was first published by Plasma Frequency Magazine, in April 2013.

I'm chuffed, especially since I enjoy a number of the authors Kasma SF has published previously. :D

StormChild

Registered
Reaction score
Massive congrats to Simon, Peter, Dani, Fihr, and triple congrats to Alex.

Last edited:

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Barbara R.

Old Hand in the Biz
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbararogan.com
Yesterday my latest novel, A DANGEROUS FICTION, was reprinted in Penguin paperback. Seeing that logo on my book brought back memories of when I lived in Ein Gedi, a Dead Sea nature preserve. One of the most beautiful places on earth, and I loved it, but it had one huge disadvantage: the closest bookstore was 2 hours away in Be'ersheva. Once every month or so I'd hitch a ride to the city, head straight for the bookstore, and snatch up all the Penguin paperbacks I could find...because even if I didn't know the author, I trusted the imprint.

So it's a huge pleasure for me to see that imprint on my own mystery...which, btw, is set in the NYC publishing world.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Barbara.

Aislinn, that was a lovely read, which gently touched many issues. Perfectly suited to the Futures section, too. Congratulations!

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
Congratulations Dani, Alex, Fihr, Barbara, Aislinn (hope I got everyone)! And thank you for the congrats to me.

New news: My fun summer crime yarn “Carnival Beach” (a quick 700 words) is now free to read at Shotgun Honey.

Storyline: A petty thief gets a surprise while prowling wild and crazy Venice Beach, California.

Best wishes,
Peter

Sudoroot

Registered
Reaction score

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had no idea you had a kickstarter going on. I just backed the $25 SIGNED! pledge!

Woohoo!

Thank you very much! I'm thrilled to see that people are actually backing this. Can't wait to have my own book to waive around at conventions. (That's the purpose of physical books. Right? Right?)

There are a few live events I'll be doing soon as well as some more online promotion, so I'm very cautiously optimistic about hitting the $4000 mark and creating the audiobook!