Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hon, if I was completely obsessed by it, then I'd have it not only as my avatar, but there would be large moving gifs in my signature and I'd be harassing people who don't give a whit with it in many posts on a semi-regular basis and with related such do-dads in their reppies.

This... seems vaguely familiar.

:idea:

Passive-aggressive much, Del?

:tongue

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Moi?

I am never passive-aggressive.

That would require subtlety on my part. And I am not subtle in my aggression. And there's certainly nothing "passive" about it, either.

:evil

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, PD, think you can hit 20K posts this month for your one-year anniversary?

Well if you want it to the exact day, I'll have to go check my journal from last year and see exactly what day I joined. :D

As for making another 1000 posts, I guess. It depends on how often people are here. I've gotten out of the habit of posting, just for posting count sake.

I prefer talking to people at the moment, just my mood, rather than bombarding the game threads. ;)

So, if I make it I make it. If not, oh well. :)

*Say - what is the record for post count in a year? Is there such a thing???

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've gotten out of the habit of posting, just for posting count sake.

:ROFL:

Right, sure you have. That's been so noticeable. :rolleyes

*Say - what is the record for post count in a year? Is there such a thing???

No, there isn't. Lest we turn into the kind of forum where we have too many idiots running around concerned about just hitting a number. That gets old, quickly.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:

Right, sure you have. That's been so noticeable. :rolleyes

THat's just cause I'm yappy.

No, there isn't. Lest we turn into the kind of forum where we have too many idiots running around concerned about just hitting a number. That gets old, quickly.

Well if we didn't have certain kinds of people here, we wouldn't have the Obcessive Repper's Thread: where everyone wants as many reps as possible, because it's apparently addictive. We also would not have the Count to 1 Million Thread...

So see, these people are good to have around ;) *kidding*

Hmm, that's got me thinking, I wonder who posts the most on AW. ...

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
THat's just cause I'm yappy.

That's one word for it.

:D

Well if we didn't have certain kinds of people here, we wouldn't have the Obcessive Repper's Thread: where everyone wants as many reps as possible, because it's apparently addictive.

There is a difference. Part of me says there is no point trying to explain this difference to you, however, I would think this would be something you would understand, PD, because this, in part, is why your actions got Susie's thread temporarily shut down.

Unless the lesson behind that just went over your head.

Also, how the heck do you spell "Obsessive" wrong when it's at the tip of the page???

We also would not have the Count to 1 Million Thread...

So see, these people are good to have around ;)

The game threads are there primarily for the heck of it, and not solely to boost post count.

And no, those people who are so obsessed with their post count that they just make a ton of meaningless posts, cluttering up the threads where people are actually trying to have a conversation without some needy idjit popping in going "hey, look at me! pay attention to me! acknowledge me!" every other post, are NOT good to have around.

As I said, I've been on other boards with people like that, and it gets incredibly annoying, incredibly fast, and too often devolves into a measuring contest where everyone is out to see who has more without making meaningful contributions.

If AW turned into that kind of forum where it was all about needy people finding self-validation in being a quantifiable center of attention, that would be a real shame.

(Granted, as writers we probably all have a certain level of narcissism, but there's a line there.)

Now do you understand the difference?

:gaah:

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And at the end of the day, while we fuss over it, the Repper's thread is not now, nor has it ever been, solely about the numbers.

With that, I have to be going.

Later reppers

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Hello reppers. I see I've walked into the middle of something.

I'm trying to learn to make cheese.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Really?
KissCollage.gif

Who?

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Ten years of chronic intestinal distress? I need no cutting lessons, but we can engage in a cutting competition, if you don't mind being thoroughly beaten by a girl. :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I know how to make it, I watched it on Reading Rainbow years ago - ya need whole milk though if you're not doing it with machines...:/

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Ten years of chronic intestinal distress? I need no cutting lessons, but we can engage in a cutting competition, if you don't mind being thoroughly beaten by a girl. :D

I have no male ego that gets bruised by being beaten by a girl, but I should warn you my chronic issues go back much further and my rump has been labeled a Weapon Of Mass Destruction.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
If you can beat me, you deserve the victory. I have nothing but respect for an adversary worthy enough to do that.

ETA: And I am using whole milk, which is surprisingly difficult to find. Plain whole milk, I mean. You can get it with things added. Vitamin D and such. Unless you meant raw milk. Which I could get, I suppose, but I don't really need to.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
If you can beat me, you deserve the victory. I have nothing but respect for an adversary worthy enough to do that.

ETA: And I am using whole milk, which is surprisingly difficult to find. Plain whole milk, I mean. You can get it with things added. Vitamin D and such. Unless you meant raw milk. Which I could get, I suppose, but I don't really need to.

no, I meant whole milk. I don't know if the vitimin D affects it. I have never personally tried to make cheese.

Rock-candy, yes. Boy is that a long wait.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So, in other words, you right characters that are virtually indistinguishable from one another.
:D
(Hey, it's worked for a lot of well-published authors.)
Well, the characters are kind of 'clones', in a way. So they have to be somewhat similar. *Okay, very similar. :D They even share the same memories.

It's what makes the story. ;)

Don't mind bos, PD.

He can't right today. ;)

Do something fun, Bos!

Bos, do something "fun"? Ha!

He's too busy grading papers and being anal about everything and then posting about it, while scolding us about something else at the same time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.