A Life of Crime and Chocolate

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: everyone! The funeral is over. It was lovely.

and for 100Kč you could get your picture taken with a bird...

Beautiful--you and the bird!

Great thread!

:welcome: Another FL person!

I feel, in the interests of clarity, that I should make sure everyone realises I didn't actually take that awesome photo of the graveyard - I just shamelessly pinched it from another site. There is a watermark with the details of the actual photographer, though :)

Everyone be careful of this. Go read Kristen Nelson's blog, quick!

Sitting here, about to dive into my story again. Arranged to have this friday off work, so I could have a long weekend to just write. Still rewriting and editing and finishing my old story. Meanwhile, the new one is still developing in my head - and changing and turning. I think it may actually not be a mystery at all anymore :Huh:

Maybe I entered this section too soon... :eek: Heh..

Hope everyone enjoys good writing today!

Everyone's welcome here. :) And surely there will be some kind of suspense...

I'm going to bed. Spent part of this afternoon collecting for a local animal charity - hard work smiling! Still, last time I was part of the team we collected over £700 or there abouts. Good time though. A woman walked past me, stopped, had a conversation with her self and then came and put lots of money in my tin. She glanced about and then leaned close to me and said quietly "my spirit dog told me to give you money!" I smiled and thanked her, thinking that by her aroma her spirit dog was probably called Whisky!

:roll:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score

I only ever use Wikimedia to get photos if I don't have one that I've taken myself, and those are usually things like historical woodcuts or portraits. But then ours is a commercial blog so I was always a bit more careful. That's a scary case though.

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
WB, HJ. Shakes, my spirit cat had a fight with that lady's spirit dog once! Oh, how the spirit monkeys laughed. Morning, everyone else.

Really? Is it by choice?
It sounds both interesting and difficult :)

Cold in the winter?

By choice. Not difficult at all--difficult is having a crazy neighbor with kids who scream in the street at 3 a.m. and whose dog poops on your lawn. Difficult is raking, mowing, and repainting/reroofing a whole house. This is fun.

And cold a few mornings, but there are blankets. On cool mornings, I bake a potato for breakfast, open the oven door when I'm done to take the chill off, and think about how cavewomen had it worse during the ice age.

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad, hj!

If you haven't already, this bears reading. I deal with permission requests as part of my job. Attributing an image does not mean you can use it freely. It can be really annoying to follow the rules on this ;) but it can also keep you out of trouble.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
HJ I am pleased the funeral was a good experience.

Just back from a boot sale. I made some money and spent it on coffee and cake on the way home! So tired. Again. hmph.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
QUOTE=heyjude;7452197]
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this, HJ. I've learned something new today.

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
WB, HJ. Shakes, my spirit cat had a fight with that lady's spirit dog once! Oh, how the spirit monkeys laughed. Morning, everyone else.

By choice. Not difficult at all--difficult is having a crazy neighbor with kids who scream in the street at 3 a.m. and whose dog poops on your lawn. Difficult is raking, mowing, and repainting/reroofing a whole house. This is fun.

And cold a few mornings, but there are blankets. On cool mornings, I bake a potato for breakfast, open the oven door when I'm done to take the chill off, and think about how cavewomen had it worse during the ice age.

Do you buy fire wood?

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score

I'm glad, though I wish your trip were for a better circumstance. :Hug2:

I still don't understand how people are so naive about this sort of thing online. When one comes across something walking down the street, we may assume that thing has been lost, but we assume it has a rightful owner.

Why is it when people find stuff online, they just assume it's free? :Shrug:

When I take stuff online, I just assume I'm stealing it. ;)

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I still don't understand how people are so naive about this sort of thing online. When one comes across something walking down the street, we may assume that thing has been lost, but we assume it has a rightful owner.

Why is it when people find stuff online, they just assume it's free? :Shrug:
Because "everyone" is doing it. Or they never even give it a thought. I can understand it to an extent. To an extent.

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
This is my 1500th post. I thought I'd do it here because HJ is used to cleaning up messes Neptune is retrograde and in Pisces I feel like MTS is my home on the board.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the 1500 lorna. :)

I used my 10K post to take Susie cake. :Cake:

And a sleepy good morning, all. Took the kids to an amusement park last night. We saw some friends, had some laughs. All in all it was a good time and helped everyone ease through the grief.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Just thought I'd pop in and say hello. Been busy. Tough finding me time in the summer. When school starts I'll have my whole day Mon & Tuesday back for writing/editing. Right now I'm just squeezing it all in.

Busy too with a lot of court stuff in regards to my daughter and her babe -- and the deadbeat dad. Actually, I'm glad he hasn't been around-- at least til he grows up some.

Baby is almost 15 mo now. A real hoot. She has like dance moves, no kidding. She could so be a sitcom baby. :)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: History. Sorry you're still having trouble with Deadbeat. :( Are the rulings coming up in your daughter's favor?

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Busy too with a lot of court stuff in regards to my daughter and her babe -- and the deadbeat dad. Actually, I'm glad he hasn't been around-- at least til he grows up some.

Baby is almost 15 mo now. A real hoot. She has like dance moves, no kidding. She could so be a sitcom baby. :)

Deadbeat dad = twatwaffle*.

I hope the court stuff gets resolved soon - for all of you. It can be so stressful. :Hug2:

* Ha. You'all forgot about that word, didn't you? :ROFL: