Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I feel so dreadfully inadequate. Everyone in this thread has millions of posts and rep points, and i'm getting dizzy just trying to follow the conversation. But i'm dropping in anyway since I've only been on AW a couple of weeks, yet i'm already a shameless rep point whore. For a brief shining moment a couple of days ago, i had as many rep points as posts, but now I'm falling behind, and I'm absolutely losing sleep over it.

Can anyone recommend a therapist? Or give me some rep points?

Don't worry, Cassandra. We were all there once. PD was there only a year ago, and look at her now!

Just hang around and post so we have something to rep. ;)

I sent you a multi pointed rep

You sent him a polyhedron?

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! I was only four points from a spectacular aura, and NOW I'M THERE! I've given everyone on the page a rep point to celebrate!

But I do feel rather like a large unruly dog prancing into a black-tie cocktail party. I need to figure out what it is you people do in this thread before you lock me in the shed.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! I was only four points from a spectacular aura, and NOW I'M THERE! I've given everyone on the page a rep point to celebrate!

But I do feel rather like a large unruly dog prancing into a black-tie cocktail party. I need to figure out what it is you people do in this thread before you lock me in the shed.

yay. :)

Fins Left

Registered
Reaction score
please help a newbie... I've found how to give rep points, but can't seem to figure out where to check your own rep points. I've read through several pages, hoping for an explaination, but at 194 and counting, could someone just take pity and post a link to instruction on how to check your own rep points?

I'd be eternally grateful (and also give rep points)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
please help a newbie... I've found how to give rep points, but can't seem to figure out where to check your own rep points. I've read through several pages, hoping for an explaination, but at 194 and counting, could someone just take pity and post a link to instruction on how to check your own rep points?

I'd be eternally grateful (and also give rep points)

Go to the blue title bar on this page.

Click User CP

You will get a new screen, on the right hand side as you scroll down are your reps.

*hope that helps.

:)

I sent you this in a PM too, so don't be surprised if it shows up when you 'refresh' the page.

Fins Left

Registered
Reaction score
Go to the blue title bar on this page.

Click User CP

You will get a new screen, on the right hand side as you scroll down are your reps.

*hope that helps.

:)

I sent you this in a PM too, so don't be surprised if it shows up when you 'refresh' the page.

THANKS, that worked! Now I have a whole new area (User CP) to figure out :)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Let me know if you need more help, or want to make a 'signature', like the ballerina and text I have below my post, or changing your details, and what not. ;) That's all in the User CP sidebar.

Oh - and if you want to post a photo/image/or icon, it's best to have a photobucket account. Otherwise the host gets charged for bandwidth. ;) Same goes for images and such in reps.

Last edited:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Good luck figuring out what it is we do here. We don't even know that.

I wondered about that, but being new here, I thought it might be rude to bring it up. However, now that I know we're using paper napkins instead of cloth, I'll loosen up a bit.

It looks to me like this is the Seinfeld of threads: it's about nothing. Except rep points. Lots and lots of shiny, sparkly rep points.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Excellent. I could use a break from ripping my hair out in Query Hell. Of course, I could do some actual work or wrestle with my latest manuscript-in-progress, but neither would be much of a break.

Well, then! Hello to all of you, and thank you for the rep points. It's dank and dismal here in NYC, but no tornadoes, so I won't complain.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
You don't wanna hear about my weather then. No one here usually does, since I'm on the west coast and it's nice out :(

If you're into lots of fun distraction, with a twisted sense of humor and need a break, you could try the comedy cabaret. It's nuts, but like watching a spoof movie. :)

I'll rep you the link.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The weather here is nice enough that we took the dogs out without coats. Hard to beat that in very early March. :D

On the dog-front: we had a very restless night. He couldn't stop panting and always had to be laying on me, which made it hard for me to sleep as well.

This morning, we cleaned his wounds (they're popping out all over the area now--which is good) and got a lot more gunk out (also very good). He's resting next to me now, but still panting. At least he's interested in food, treats and chicken-water.

Talked to the vet (who checked up on him), and got hints on how to deal with his pain level and fever (both have spiked several times). She doesn't want to see him until tomorrow, if he's still having spikes. All-in-all, he seems to be doing well, considering. The antibiotics won't kick in until tomorrow, so we won't know until then if we caught the blood-poisoning in time.

So if I don't get on much for the next couple of days, yinz know what's going on.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent. I could use a break from ripping my hair out in Query Hell. Of course, I could do some actual work or wrestle with my latest manuscript-in-progress, but neither would be much of a break.

Well, then! Hello to all of you, and thank you for the rep points. It's dank and dismal here in NYC, but no tornadoes, so I won't complain.

We REALLY don't need any tornadoes down here. Heavy winds out though, with the tale-tell clouds.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Hope the pup is ok Del.

Waiting for the Weekend to start.

? to everyone, based on something I heard this am on the radio. When do you consider the weekend to have started? Friday morning? Friday after work? Friday Night? Saturday?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
So if I don't get on much for the next couple of days, yinz know what's going on.

sorry Del. hope it all works out!

Jeh : We REALLY don't need any tornadoes down here. Heavy winds out though, with the tale-tell clouds.

I've only seen 2 tornados in my time. About ten years apart. They are extremely rare here.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hope the pup is ok Del.

? to everyone, based on something I heard this am on the radio. When do you consider the weekend to have started? Friday morning? Friday after work? Friday Night? Saturday?

Whenever you get off of work on Friday. :)

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So far, so good on the Peke. Thanks.

And my weekend starts after I get off work when I've got two or three days off on a row. As I don't always work M-F, I have a flexible definition of what a "weekend" is. It doesn't always match what's on a calendar.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Tornadoes are very rare here. There was one about 1-2 years before I moved here. Not right by where I live, but close by. None since.

I would love to see one, but I would hate to have my family near one.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Hope the pup is ok Del.

Friday afternoon, around 3:30, when I've mentally checked out. Unless I've got some screaming work emergency that will suck up my weekend.

And Del, I hope your dog is OK.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Never saw a tornado in my entire life, though there was one last year about 10 miles from where I live. Too hilly to see it, though. I've seen pictures of them--that's as close as I want to come.

Fortunately, this area only gets them about every 20 years, so we're good for a while again. ;)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

My weekend started yesterday, but that's just this week.

:Shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.