AW POET LAUREATE XIX

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A profound thank-you to Ambrosia, our estimable AW Poet Laureate. She's done much through word and deed to include and encourage all of us, and she has striven to set an example for civil, cordial, constructive discussion - and appreciating everyone. During her tenure, I think the Poetry Forum has become more active and publicly so; I think the activity in the main section, especially, has opened considerably.

Thank you, Patty - you've been wonderful.

Now, I am so very happy to announce our new Poet Laureate - a poet and critic of even temper and good will, not to mention a distinct voice and talent, and a pillar of our society:

Please, everyone, welcome AW Poet Laureate XIX --

Steppe

Congratulations, Steppe; I'm delighted you'll be behind the wheel.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
congratulations to patty for a great tenure.

and big congratulations to steppe.

CDSinex

Imagine something clever here.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Patty for all of your work in the past year, and congratulations to Steppe, good luck.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It has been my greatest pleasure to serve. Thank you all for being so wonderful.

Congratulations, Steppe, I couldn't be more happy to see you take the post. I look forward to your time as PL. When Kie passed the PL baton to me he gave me something that had helped him during his tenure, so I will pass it on to you.

Originally Posted by kborsden
Whoot!

psst... the rum is in the desk (bottom draw, under the loosely bound scrolls and quills)--sorry it's only 'half' full :)
As per my promise when I accepted his gift, I restocked it with a new bottle. Enjoy. ;)

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Patty! I really enjoyed your tenure as Poet Laureate; you strengthened this whole area of the forums with your leadership, and I appreciated your presence and everything you shared here. I am sorry to see you go, though I know lots of what you offered us will continue because it's who you are.

Steppe, though I'm sorry to see Patty stepping down, I'm delighted it's you who will be the next Poet Laureate. I really look forward to seeing where you will steer this ferryboat of hapless refugees! No, wait, scratch that. Um, what I mean is, your poetry has always struck me as somewhat mysterious in its depths, deceptively layered, luscious without excess -- I am eager to discover how your lariat will rope this bunch of longhorns.... er...

Congratulations. It will be most interesting here I feel sure!

Perscribo

Pound cake.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.perscribo.com
You set all the right examples, Patty!

A great choice with Steppe, too.

This is by far my favorite thread. I love biographies and insider scoops on the best authors. It's the best preface to The Voice, and gives clues to style and intent (if any).

Poetry heroes!

Brandt

give it to me straight
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Patty for your service.

Congrats Steppe.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Congratulations, Steppe!

ETA:

AW has had 19 poet laureates in ten years? I thought poet laureates held the spot for a year.

Last edited:

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There have been casualties. It's a dangerous job, after all.

:D

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Perhaps we should assign Steppe some bodyguards.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You just volunteered.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I shall sharpen my pencil and stand ready.

Steppe

Registered
Reaction score
Ambrosia. What a beautiful name! Sad to see you stepping down. But I know you'll still be just as active as before.

I will need all the bodyguards I can get. I will do the best I can even though I feel my poor powers of poetry are inadequate for this wonderful group of poets. Thank you all so much. Steppe

Matty lll

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Steppe, only been here a short time but I think your poetry is great. Ambrosia has been very helpful to me though, so thanks to her too.