Just finished publishing my Memoir

MissyLaRae

Total Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello all!

I just finished publishing my memoir and am a gigantic pile of nerves. Has anyone else published their memoir and had serious second thoughts afterwards?

My memoir isn't full of the light and fluffy, and touches on some serious issues of abuse etc. Just wondering if I should be so nervous or just relax. I wrote it more as a very cathartic exercise than hoping it would top charts.

Thanks!

Raison

Registered
Reaction score
First, congratulations on getting published! Do you have any idea when your book will be available?

I suspect that the emotions you're feeling are normal. I'm nowhere even close to where you are yet. I'm still writing, so even approaching an agent or publisher is quite a ways down the road. Regardless, I sometimes get a little nervous when I think about "what if" I get published.

Like you, I began writing more for catharsis, but as I write more, I know without a doubt that I hope to get published. I'm still filled with emotions related to it, though.

Try to just relax and be excited. I hope all goes well with the book!

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
:) Just relax. Work on promotion and start your next book. Do you have a link to your memoir on your web page?

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Congrats!

Breathe deeply. Inhale and let your belly expand. Exhale and bring it back in.

And let the worries go.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

MissyLaRae

Total Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thank you!

First, congratulations on getting published! Do you have any idea when your book will be available?

I suspect that the emotions you're feeling are normal. I'm nowhere even close to where you are yet. I'm still writing, so even approaching an agent or publisher is quite a ways down the road. Regardless, I sometimes get a little nervous when I think about "what if" I get published.

Like you, I began writing more for catharsis, but as I write more, I know without a doubt that I hope to get published. I'm still filled with emotions related to it, though.

Try to just relax and be excited. I hope all goes well with the book!

Thank you so much for the kind and motivating words of encouragement! Good Luck with your own memoir!

MissyLaRae

Total Newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Not yet....

:) Just relax. Work on promotion and start your next book. Do you have a link to your memoir on your web page?

I haven't posted a link to my memoir on my website just yet. I am sure I will just need to decide if I'm going to or not.

I primarily write YA and Children's books and this is a huge departure from that genre.