William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
since the topic of game writing comes up in this forum a lot, thought i would post this here. feel free to PM me with any questions, but please don't send me your resumes... send them as directed in the ad.

Game Designer (Writer)

Description: KingsIsle Entertainment is currently looking for a Game Designer (Writer) to work on an exciting new family-focused AAA MMO video game. We are the creators of the popular and critically acclaimed Wizard101 and Pirate101, which together have garnered over 40 Million registered players to date, and are two of the fastest growing websites in the U.S. This is an opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing and highly successful entertainment company.

Responsibilities

• Envision and create game content (lore, quest dialogue, etc.)
  • Expand upon existing game content
  • Effectively relate game and world vision to programmers and artists
Requirements

• Candidates must have 3+ years as a Writer in the games or entertainment industries
  • Candidate must have shipped at least one critically and commercially successful PC and/or console game title, or other published work
  • Experience as a Writer on a project with multiple team members (programmers, artists, animators, designers, testers)
  • Extensive experience playing Massively Multiplayer Games
  • Extremely strong documentation skills
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
  • Experience interacting with management and working within existing project constraints (time, scope, budget)
  • Associate’s degree in relevant field
Preferences

• Development experience on Massively Multiplayer Games
  • Shipped game titles
Considerations

• Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format
  • Salaries will be commensurate with experience
  • Only highly qualified candidates need apply and only candidates that meet the degree requirements will be considered
  • Applicants must be legally able to work in the U.S. for KingsIsle
Qualified candidates may apply by emailing your resume to [email protected], and include “Game Designer (Writer)” in the email subject heading.

Last edited:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
my pleasure.

might also be worth mentioning that we are actually seeking two writers.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and a question that I think a lot of people will have: Is this a job that would work over the internet, or is it one of those "you should actually live in Texas to apply" jobs?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Oh, and a question that I think a lot of people will have: Is this a job that would work over the internet, or is it one of those "you should actually live in Texas to apply" jobs?

just to clarify, the job requires you to be in Austin, but we offer relocation assistance to out of towners should they prove the right fit.

kamekichi

Registered
Reaction score
That was my question as well Zoombie. But still, good luck to the folks in the Austin area!

VeryBigBeard

Preparing for winter
Registered
Reaction score
Gah, I'm probably too inexperienced for this as I'm just graduating from Vancouver's Centre for Digital Media. I have a couple published projects and some venture MMO work, but nothing AAA as yet.

Does KingIsle offer internships of any kind?

Thanks for the posting, though. Always good to read these and see info, standards, and different companies that value narrative in their design process.

Status
Not open for further replies.