Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario Mergola

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the NDA allows anyone to say about Destiny since it is currently in beta, but I cannot express how excited I am for this game.

I love the concept of MMOs, but I never get into them because the combat is usually turn-based or something I cannot grasp. A shooter MMO is always intriguing to me, and this one seems to have nailed it.

Oddly enough, I actually never liked Halo, so for me to be so excited for a Bungie game is a testament to just how good it looks.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I played the alpha and thought it was pretty good, if a little rough. Wasn't a fan of the one map they offered in MP, though. Didn't play the beta because I think you only get access if you pre-order? I wasn't sold on it enough to do that just yet.

But still thought it was pretty good and ambitious.

elinor

Registered
Reaction score
We tried to do the Beta but it requires more harddrive space than our Xbox (or playstation, whatever) has, so we couldn't install it. Will not be getting it.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Whoa, I just now read that they opened up the beta to everyone earlier this week. Currently downloading to my PS4 (13.2GB, but I'm sure that includes what I already downloaded for the alpha).

ETA: It does include the alpha stuff. The alpha was just under 3 gigs, so the beta adds another ~11 gigs.

Last edited:

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
I'm becoming more intrigued by this game as it gets closer to releasing (the fact that IGN keeps covering this game like a mad dog helps with that effect). It looks very promising to me, and since Bungie and Activision are all in for this game, I believe it'll only get better as the months/years go by. It won't flatline like some mmo's post-launch.

So I prolly will buy it. Besides, I've been desperately––and I mean desperately––been seeking that WoW fix since I bounced from that mmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.