Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
That. Blows.

At least they didnt accidently give you the clense kit.

Halfway through the nurse said "after this, we'll do an internal one."

I had to tell her that there would absolutely be no internal one, as there was a fairly high chance my hymen was still intact. That was fun to explain.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Well...

If...

Why,,,

I'll be in the garden.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Halfway through the nurse said "after this, we'll do an internal one."

I had to tell her that there would absolutely be no internal one, as there was a fairly high chance my hymen was still intact. That was fun to explain.

Ow.

Ow.

No.

Just...no.

(Hell, I wouldn't want an internal one and I...do not have that particular issue.)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Off topic, but what is the secret to getting baked potatoes to bake all the way through without chopping them into pieces before you nuke them? Is there even a secret or do they just have to go in until they're about to burst into flames? :D
I poke holes in them with a knife. It seems to work.

You've been reading my stuff? :Jaw:
Your stuff is probably better. I finally just revealed to her that I don't like the female MC. She's a cliched bitchy woman with power. And I use the term "woman" loosely because she acts more like a bratty 13-year-old and tends to bicker childishly with the male MC over things instead of just resolving them. She's also supposed to be running a kingdom and raising a child. :Wha:

Thank god the author's really thick skinned and she tends to give really good critiques on my stuff. Go figure.:Shrug:

Well I'm eyes are killing me, so I'm off for the night. See everyone tomorrow.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Is Brown really that bad? I like his books. Granted I haven't really read much else in that genre so I'm kind of a poor judge.

It isn't that his writing is "bad" (he can string sentences together admirably), it is merely that he is incapable of dropping a fact into his books without somehow mangling the truth - leading to a critical research failure type which... is actually rather difficult to square with his "everything I am about to show you is real" rhetoric.

We've been on this topic before.

My head nearly exploded the last time...

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
How much have you written so far?

Just shy of 1k. I would normally scrap it, but at this point I only have 31 days left to finish it or Fen will eat my soul.

Trying to finish up my SFFSSWTFDS9TRIANGLE story so I can get to the revising/de-suckifying phase.

*stares blankly at screen*

Here, here.

It was beautiful today.

Then it started raining. :cry: This is winter, not spring!

Agreed.

Signed a contract for my short. It will be published soon. I... I... I... :gone:

This is AWESOME!!!

No one being there to say "You know what, that really doesn't work" and being listened to has resulted in a great deal of crap being put out there for mass consumption.

I now know who I want to be on my list of Beta readers.

My hair now has pinkish-purple roots and silver/gray tips.

Pictures are required now you must have realized this when you posted such a thing.

You've been reading my stuff? :Jaw:

If you feel this way about your own work I can only imagine what you feel like when you read my crap.

Yeah, nothing like loosing your vaginity via ultrasound.

I guess while I read this with two different words the first time the way you wrote it makes perfectly good sense too. Having one's lower lady bit stretched with a giant plastic wand that is taking photos of one's insides would not be at all fun.

It isn't that his writing is "bad" (he can string sentences together admirably), it is merely that he is incapable of dropping a fact into his books without somehow mangling the truth - leading to a critical research failure type which... is actually rather difficult to square with his "everything I am about to show you is real" rhetoric.

After the first paragraph of the Da Vinci Code I quit reading it for truth and decided to enjoy it for the fiction that it is.

ION: So I spent most of my morning researching for my SS SFF SS project. I don't think I did this much when I was writing my term papers in college. No actual words, but good ideas are now in the works.

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a really stupid sci fi question to ask but don't know where to post it... so if this is the wrong place please have mercy upon my wretched soul...

Would you want to be stranded on a moon of Jupiter or Saturn??? Why? Seems to me that the booze on Ganymede would be way better than the hooch served over at Titan.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I have no idea, milkweed - there is a science forum for real science questions where you might have better luck... it's at the top of the sci fi forum.

Also: just sent back beta comments to someone who GOT A REQUEST FOR A FULL! From an awesome agent! I know I'm just the beta reader....but I feel teh pressure!

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Off topic, but what is the secret to getting baked potatoes to bake all the way through without chopping them into pieces before you nuke them? Is there even a secret or do they just have to go in until they're about to burst into flames? :D

Are you making holes in them? Because that doesn't help because of the physics of microwaves. Ok, here's what I do, and this works for me. Maybe you can compare it.

Put potato(es) in microwave, cook on full for several minutes, take potato out and gently squeeze. If it's hard cook for another few minutes.

Rinse and repeat until potato(es) are gently squishy and then leave them in the mic until I've got everything else sorted and then serve.

That minute or so just sitting nicely does the trick.

Last edited:

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Loud border collie is loud. I'm outside with him now, playing ball.

He seems to think its not at all fair for the next door neighbours kids to be playing cricket while he can't.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

Like others said, poke hole in them, lots of holes. Or, my mom had these aluminium nails that she'd put in one end. The idea being that the metal would heat up and help cook the inside.

Ah, yes, I see. I never really took anything that he said as fact.

And come to think of it I did see the ending of the third book in that series coming from a mile off.

ION, Baby is asleep again so I guess I'll go back to bed now too. Think I might be coming down with a cold or something. Poo.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Off topic, but what is the secret to getting baked potatoes to bake all the way through without chopping them into pieces before you nuke them?

The idea being that the metal would heat up and help cook the inside.

STOP!!

Don't put metal in a microwave. No. No. Never!!! Aargh!!!

:chair

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I have to go and have my weight and blood pressure checked. Let's hope I have some.

Me and my keyboard eh?

Turns out I have low blood pressure. A medical first in my family, everyone else eats a terrible diet and doesn't exercise properly and either has high BP or osteoporosis.

I'd polish my halo but I'm too busy polishing off this chocolate. :D

:Coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.