Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
ION, there's a like 40 year old man in a leather jacket across from me listening to like Katy Perry or somebody similar-sounding on his headphones. And way too loudly, too.

I am lol'ing.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Bleh, when did it become almost 6pm?

Verily I say unto thee, I hath sat upon mine shapely arse long enough! The time for cooking bowtie pastas fast approacheth!

*saddles up moose and rides away*

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
*saddles up moose and rides away*
Yay_canada.jpg

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
One of the few memes that I remember from 90s zines was vampire battles - against Immortals from Highlander, they would get enough blood from a feeding to keep them going for a month. They would get pwned by xenomorphs from Alien, and the fight against Predators could go either way (depending on if they had the ability to see the vampires). There was a whole list of who would lose against vampires, and who would kick vampire ass - I think that ran in the letters pages of some small press title rather than a magazine...

I concluded that some people have way too much free time on their hands. :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Junely is going to be home soon. I think, after supper, he and I need to take a little drive, maybe go do something I've not done in .... nineteen years or so, ie. go get a drink. Our argument this morning was stopped, but it wasn't really resolved.

We need to resolve it. And if a couple margaritas and a debate in a nice quiet bar will resolve it, then I guess I'd better prepare myself for a couple of margaritas!

Whoever said marriage wasn't work was lying.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Whoever said marriage wasn't work was lying.
Anyone who says that needs to be slapped repeatedly about the face with a particularly smelly fish for being so stupid.

Marriage, or even just relationships in general, being such hard work is one of the very few reasons I'm a little bit glad I'm the "Forever Alone" type.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I was browsing through my inbox when something really caught my eye which came from Smart Girls Love SciFi:

[New Post] Web TV: Space Janitors

http://smartgirlsscifi.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/webtv-space-janitors/

I think I bit my tongue and mumbled "Of all that is holy and decent, for gawd's sake now what?"

It's basically one word off my SF title, Planet Janitor. And it was Canadian, the home of my publisher. I clicked on the link out of curiosity. Hah! okay. It's a parody of Star Wars, takes place on a space station and it's written in a light-hearted vein. I was just praying that it wasn't about space junkers, and I was relieved to find that it wasn't. Or maybe it wouldn't have been such a negative happenstance if they were similar.

It's a pretty good article, but hasn't a Star Wars parody been done before? Was it Space Balls (the movie)? I can't remember.

But I can tell you this, they better have something set up for a second season that doesn't involve Star Wars. I can't see them milking this through several seasons. Can you? Of course it depends on the acting and reception.

tri

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone who says that needs to be slapped repeatedly about the face with a particularly smelly fish for being so stupid.

Marriage, or even just relationships in general, being such hard work is one of the very few reasons I'm a little bit glad I'm the "Forever Alone" type.

Though I doubt the veracity of your "Forever Alone" status, I congratulate you on your perspicacity. I'm shocked right down to the floor at how many people who think exactly that: as soon as you get that ring on your finger, everything is hunky dory and happily ever after. And then, when things get tough and you have to do the work part of it, they're shocked and horrified and ready to bolt.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score

*picks 10s up*

*feeds 10s tea*

Though I doubt the veracity of your "Forever Alone" status, I congratulate you on your perspicacity. I'm shocked right down to the floor at how many people who think exactly that: as soon as you get that ring on your finger, everything is hunky dory and happily ever after. And then, when things get tough and you have to do the work part of it, they're shocked and horrified and ready to bolt.

My first marriage was a lot of work. Too much work, in fact. The relationship with my husband now takes some, but it's really pretty damn easy and we get along almost boringly well (which if you've ever been in a relationship where that isn't the case, you know why this is freaking awesome). Shows that marrying the right person can make a huge difference in how much work a marriage takes, imo.

That's not to say I don't want to bap him on a fairly regular basis. But it tends to be a fleeting urge. :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*sets out pumpkin muffins and cocoaalmondbutternom*

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score

...that's if one side of the relationship isn't a doormat.

Maybe I should get a shirt that says "Welcome" on the front? :D

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I've observed my parents' marriage for my entire life. I use it as a measuring stick, so I know marriage isn't easy because of that.

Which is why I find myself really not wanting it. Because I can guarantee if I got in a serious relationship, I'd be the one to **** it up. Most likely in spectacularly idiotic fashion, too.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
You guys know that all the relationship chatter where you say "I still want to hit him" makes me wince in sympathy... been there, had - well, everything thrown at me at one time or another. Ducking a flying toaster takes more skill than you would think.

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
I've observed my parents' marriage for my entire life. I use it as a measuring stick, so I know marriage isn't easy because of that.

Which is why I find myself really not wanting it. Because I can guarantee if I got in a serious relationship, I'd be the one to **** it up. Most likely in spectacularly idiotic fashion, too.

^All of this.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I'll end up a lonely, bitchy gay guy whose only close companionship comes from my faghag, whoever that ends up being.

And I'm actually kind of okay with that. Kind of.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
You guys know that all the relationship chatter where you say "I still want to hit him" makes me wince in sympathy... been there, had - well, everything thrown at me at one time or another. Ducking a flying toaster takes more skill than you would think.

Toasters are too messy. It's much better to use a cast iron frying pan.

#lessonslearnedfromTangled

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe I just had it too damned easy in my life and observations about marriage. My mom and dad adored one another, and only had about one argument every year or so. They were together for thirty years, and, on his dying day, my mom still said, "He is the most interesting man I ever met in my life."

Jim and I argue a bit more often than my mom and dad did. But fewer than ten arguments in a given year; most of the time we rub along just fine. My biggest complaint about him is that he utterly demolishes our bed at night, robbing me of blankets and pulling the bedsheet loose every EVERY night. His biggest complaint about me is that I'm a dreadful housekeeper, and I spend too much money on books.

I have very little to whinge about, and I've never really experienced a bad relationship, even at second or third hand. Just call me Pollyanna.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.